Need Help with Kolonopin Withdrawal

[Ro...]

Hi Everyone!

Since I started my withdrawal journey months ago, I have made some progress. I went from 4mg of Kolonopin to approximately 2.875 (I am using a razor to cut my dose and not using a scale yet). I bought a scale that I saw someone on a YT video use and I can't seem to figure out how to use it. I am feeling anxious and socially anxious and agoraphobic most of the time. Today I got outside and walked around the yard a couple of times. I have also purchased several books off of Amazon about benzo recovery.

I just bought a new scale that is "NEWACALOX Reloading Scale 100 x 0.001g, High Precision Portable Multifunction Lab Powder Scales" and it will be delivered tomorrow and I am hoping for more accurate doses. I have split from one dose a day to two and plan to taper using the 5-10% guidelines. My psychiatrist actually read the Ashton Manual and seems to be on board with allowing me to make decisions on when to taper and how much. I am open to any advice or suggestions from the group.

This whole process is really frightening to me and it has already changed my life in difficult ways. I am grateful for the small things that do happen day to day that feel good to me. I am also on 225 mg of Effexor, 10 mg of olanzapine, 100 mg to 200 mg of hydroxyine and 400 mg of Gabapentin. My doctor would like me to taper from the Gabapentin--before continuing the taper of Kolonopin-- and then he will put me on Buspar for anxiety. I hope it is more effective.

Should I chop up the kolonopin with a razor and measure it as powder and then put it into water to drink? Thanks for your time reading this. I am new to this and trying to learn.

Best,

RolleiGirl

Modify message

Hello! My wife is tapering off of 0.5mg of Klonopin. I've gone from a skipped dose taper, to a water taper, and finally back to a dry hyperbolic taper cutting 5-10% of the current dose every 10-14 days. 

After answering the questions you are asking in this post several times on facebook, I created a series of videos that show:

How to calibrate your scale:

How to Tare your scale and when to tare:

Best Practices to prepare your scale before you taper:

Splitting your pill using a spoon:

Dry Taper Pill math:

Personally I prefer the Gemini-20. I bought 3 scales on amazon, including a Lab Grade Scale and found the Gemini 20 was the most consistent and accurate at 1mg. Hope this helps and if you need help, just let me know.

Thanks so much for posting the list of videos for me. I will check them out today. It's really hard for me to watch these videos and inform myself because it makes me really anxious. I will go ahead and order the Gemini 20 scale today and return the others. Thanks again! It's a start!!  :)

No problem. It overwhelmed me and I am not even the one tapering.  I tried to make the videos as easy to follow as possible. I was literally repeating this every time I was helping someone so thought a video would help show exactly how I do it.

Good luck!