Progesterone - question for women

[Tr...]

My Dr wants me to take progesterone vaginally - 200mg in the morning and same dose again at night. Anyone have experience with taking progesterone vaginally?

I’ve read a few panicked posts by members using progesterone vaginally, can’t remember who, where or when but I used this search tool and saw a few you might want to read.  site benzobuddies: progesterone vaginal

I have just learned that there are complications where progesterone and BW are concerned.  However, I do not know enough to be able to comment because I have not been able to find out more yet.

I am on HRT...was put on when my GP thought my tolerance symptoms were as a result of menopause.  So, I did it.  Well, I was smack in the middle of menopause and didn't even know it.  No hot flashes, nothing.  I was awakening in terror every morning along with other symptoms that I could not figure out.  Well, it was not menopause that was the problem, but now I'm on HRT.  And, it sounds as though this can cause problems.

I wish I could offer more...however, I do suggest you research this further.  I would like to find out more, as well.  I do hope this post generates some insightful responses.

Warmly,

F

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Faith

I am in the same position as you.

I have estrogen all month and progesterone for 2 weeks out of 4. Evorel sequi patches.

Doctor gave them for a low mood! I had no other symptoms so guessing it was the benzo as well. I just took them and now realise we are in a bit of a position.

Have you decided what to do?

I have done a lot of background reading and seems challenging to get off. Do you think it is affecting your taper?

Take care MP

Hi Faith

I am in the same position as you.

I have estrogen all month and progesterone for 2 weeks out of 4. Evorel sequi patches.

Doctor gave them for a low mood! I had no other symptoms so guessing it was the benzo as well. I just took them and now realise we are in a bit of a position.

Have you decided what to do?

I have done a lot of background reading and seems challenging to get off. Do you think it is affecting your taper?

Take care MP

Hi MP,

In my opinion, for me, there is not much I can do at this time regarding the progesterone (HRT).  I take Estrogel (topical) and the progesterone in pill form daily.

Do I feel it is affecting my taper?  Loaded question!  For me...what hasn't affected my taper?  The list is potentially a long one, MP.  And, I don't know how I can extrapolate and separate one influence from another much of the time.  I think that it would be reasonable to assume that it is playing into things...adding in hormones and those hormones not having an influence wouldn't be logical, to me.  But, doing something about it right now, in my opinion, is not an option.  I am still in the same place I was when I wrote this post...I have not done more research.  I still only know that it may be problematic down the line.  But, one thing at a time, for me.  It's just another thing in my awareness now.  But, I am willing to read other's accounts to learn more.

Warmly,

F

I feel similar in a way Faith. I cannot stop these shitty long dips coming and I feel like I cannot get back up.

Is it the benzo itself, the reduction, stress or hormones??? I am hanging in here and hoping for a window of respite soon.

Not an easy ticket.

Sending you a hug x