Crossing from Ativan to Valium

[Pe...]

iLQu63d.png

Hello again!

I have done my best to draw up a crossover schedule to smoothly transition to 100% Valium.

I have done a couple of experiments this initial week, as I have never tried Valium before.

My psychiatrist suggested I would be able to dose just at night, but I was suspicious of this from the get go. It certainly did not work with his insisted 5mg. Taking 7.5mg at night instead of 5mg does not really last me into the next day either, I just wake up sleepier. He said I could take up to 10mg, but I won't try that.

I have also tried taking 2.5mg during the daytime, but it is still a bit too sedating, which persists even after the anxiety breaks through.

So, I have made my own schedule with the aim of building some tolerance to the sedation, allowing the Valium to build up in my blood, while gradually phasing out the Ativan.

Does this look okay so far? I am open to going faster or slower. I might switch around the morning/afternoon doses too, depending on the day. There may be some days where it's better to deal with any sedation earlier or later. But I would keep the total amounts of Ativan vs Valium consistent.

I feel like I may be able to transition faster than this, but I’ll wait and see. No need to rush. Thanks for anyone who took the time to read this!

I personally wouldnt recommend dropping by .25mg A or 2.5mg V while transitioning. That is a pretty steep drop. I would want to stay on equivalency theoughout the switch to know what was working.

Good to hear from someone else who has also come off of Ativan! I appreciate your input.  :smitten:

1.25mg A is uncomfortable for me, but definitely doable. I am already feeling a lot more level by incorporating some of the V instead. It seems like .25mg A lasts about 3 hours for me, while 2.5mg V stays for closer to 6 or so.

I have read that some of us are able to make bigger cuts initially, and then slow down as we go. So I am hoping the drop will be doable, but I am definitely open to adjusting if needed!

I only have 5mg Valiums right now, but I suppose I could break them into quarters instead of halves if need be and try 13.5 instead of 12.5 if it's too rough.

I havent really started tapering yet.  Well, i guess I kind of have before i realized what was even going on.  Trying to stabilize still after a horrific week of c/t, then under dosing for 3 days before reinstating.  I still think I am not fully recovered but am doing a little better.

I wish you the best of luck on your sub over to V.  Keep me updated as i will be trying the same sometime down the road after i kick the Ambien.