Should I Go Cold Turkey?

[...]

I've developed tolerance to my 0.5 Ativan and it's making me extremely sick. I don't think I can handle a long drawn-out taper. Since it's such a small amount would it be okay if I went CT?

I've developed tolerance to my 0.5 Ativan and it's making me extremely sick. I don't think I can handle a long drawn-out taper. Since it's such a small amount would it be okay if I went CT?

How long have you been on it?

Why do you feel its making you sick?

CT would let you know pretty quick if you can handle it or not- I would just have one with you incase you start get WDrawls

Welllllll . . . I CT'd 1 mg of Xanax some years ago, before I knew about BB, and boy, was I sick. Hallucinations, chills & fever, a SERIOUS case of "unreality" ( where am I? what place is this?) nightmares. I was pretty much non-functional for 6 months. Of course that was just my reaction. I hope others answer with their experiences. I get it that you'd just like to be done with this drug that making you sick . . . but you may be jumping from the frying pan into the fire. Later (after the Xanax) I stupidly got hooked on Ativan, had to cross to valium and do a slow taper. I never regretted it. Having learned the Xanax lesson, CT never entered my mind.

Hope this helps,

Katz

We always say there's no such thing as a low dose benzo. I cut my dose by 75% and I was in benzo hell. It wasn't even a CT but I would never want to go through that again. I know of people here who tapered and were struggling immensely who jumped earlier (lower than your dose) because they thought it couldn't get worse and then it did. Like oregonkatz said you never know when you're jumping from the frying pan into the fire. Benzo's are the gift that keeps on giving - especially when it comes to pain.

You can try. But be prepared to endure nasty withdrawals. Some days, weeks, months, years.

The longer you took / the higher the dosage, the stronger / longer the withdrawals will be.

If you have important things to do / responsibility, be careful.

Good luck  :thumbsup:

Always remember- going CT for whatever a reason a person chooses to especially in these days with a bizzillion of other people sharing what it does-

But Klonopin for instance is for seizers and stopping it after a decent amount of time you can die- literally die!!

Also- The BPressure secondly sometimes will go insanely high and you can die-

Never do something that you dont need to-

Follow a planned out taper and if it gets tough back up- you dont ever totally have to get major miserable until the last small doses some time.

Dont impress others- I wont even support a person asking if they should stop everything- Its in sane and you can die