Need Help With Ativan to Valium Crossover

[...]

I'm currently taking 0.5mg of Ativan at night and would like to cross over to Valium. The reason I would like to switch is because I'm getting horrible interdose withdrawals on the Ativan. Does anyone know how I would safely substitute the Atvian for Valium?

I am fairly new to all of this so take my thoughts with a grain of salt. But what i might consider is splitting to a .25mg Ativan dose in the morning and night for a week to try and stable out. Then come up with a plan to slowly substitute valium over the course of a few weeks to a month. If you look at the post by me below i was asking the same thing. You can see the plan i made up in the replies. Mine is for a mg a day dose. So you just need to do the math for a .50mg a day dose. I am waiting on mine because i am tapering off Ambien first. Taking 1 thing at a time.

Thanks for the reply. I'm terrible at math so I don't really know what a Ativan to Valium crossover schedule would look like for my dose.

1mg Ativan is equal to 10mg Valium.  So, if you did switch to .25mg Ativan morning evening, you are still taking .5mg Ativan a day  Which is the same as 5mg Valium.

So you could try to do a faster sub over a week.  Maybe something like; take a .25mg Ativan in morning and then in evening take a 2.5mg Valium.  Then the next week you could switch to 2.5mg Valium morning and evening. 

That might be too fast a sub. So you could maybe try something like:

Week 1: 0.25mg Ativan Morning / 0.125 Ativan Evening & 1.25mg Valium

Week 2: 0.25mg Ativan Morning / 2.5mg Ativan Evening

Week 3: 0.125mg Ativan Morning & 1.25mg Valium / 2.5mg Valium Evening

Week 4: 2.5mg Valium Morning / 2.5mg Evening

So about 3 weeks to sub over while staying at a stable dose.  I personally wouldn't taper during this so you can know what dosages are working or not working for you. 

And first and foremost I would try to split your Ativan dose to at least twice a day.  It is a faster acting benzo and you are probably getting withdrawal between a dose that is too spread out.  On average it's around 12 hours or so and currently you are trying to take it every 24.

Just my thoughts