Has anyone done 7-10 day detox after short term use

[Ph...]

Hey.  I have been on Ativan since Jan 30th.  I have grown dependent obviously.  I am most likely leaning towards a slow taper but have also been waying options on a medically supervised in patient detox.  Has anyone had luck with this that are short term users like me?  Current Ativan dose i think is somewhere between 0.75 and 1mg a day to feel stable

After a little youtubing it seems like the consensus is No based on coaches and doctors that seem trustworthy.  Still curious if there are any success stories?  I am like 99.9% sure i'm going to slow taper now.  I c/t'd for nearly 4 days and know too well what symptoms are.  I am just now starting to feel slightly better after going back to regular dose for 3 days.

There are some success stories. I have seen three on this site. Rapid detoxes are risky. I did one and it was the start of this nightmare. Length of use really doesn't matter -- some long-term users have no issues. Some short-term users are sick for years. So you can't go by that.

Phizzle-

When anyone gives the control over to Doctors, anything can happen-As Rebecca stated we are all different and not the same for any two people really.

I would never ever allow others to be in control as you and I and others know what we are feeling moment by moment- A hospital will do what they need to to get you on in a certain amount of time- you will probably be on something else so they can release you

Right. You leave on a comfort med or meds, then have to taper that. That is fine for some people, who do it easily and quickly. I know many who have. Most of them are drug addicts who went for that purpose. For others, not so much. I met someone who went to a place in Utah that did a taper off benzos, but it took eight months with no other drugs, and imagine the cost. You can request no meds....the problem is once you are in a hospital environment, you will be looked at through the lens of addiction or mental health. If you are not an addict or mental health patient, therein lies the rub.