Help with substitution - bromazepam 6mg=>diazepam

[Ma...]

Is here anybody, who can help me to create schema of substitution between bromazepam 6mg and diazepam based on Ashton manual? I take 6mg bromazepam daily more then five years, I would like withdrawl from addiction with diazepam substitution. I´m sorry for this topic, but I´m not able to find solution using Ashton´s manual.I´m afraid of  mistake with diazepam substitution. Thank you for help in advance.

Thanks for quick answer. Yes, I found this about you write, that 6mg bromazepam is aprox. 10mg diazepam. If I understood well to Ashton´s manual, it is full substitution of my daily bromazepam. What I´m asked is how to slowly substitute bromazepam with diazepam. In other words, how much to decrease bromazepam and in same time to increase diazepam per week. For example - 1.week => 5,25mg bromazepam + 2,5mg diazepam. If I calculate right, it is - 1/8 from 6mg of bromazepam, +1/8 of 10mg equivalent diazepam. Is it correct - to take smaller quantity of original benzo and to add same equivalent of diazepam ? And what is your opinion, is step by 1/8 of full quantity correct ? I know, that it also depends on my feelings.

I had on my mind something like this.

https://benzo.org.uk/manual/bzsched.htm

Thank you in advance.

Your dose is fairly small so I’d probably probably shoot for a 2 week timeframe for your crossover, of course if you didn’t feel stabilized after the first week you could rethink the second. 

How often do you currently dose the Bromazepam?

OK, thank you. I agree, that two weeks crossover is better.

I take full dose (6mg) in the morning. Do you think, that I would to split dose on morning/evening ? I read about diazepam, it has greater sedative effect...

Regards, Mazajda

Wow, I’m surprised you can get away with only dosing once a day with the Bromazepam but if that’s what you’re used to then you may want to stick with that. The only downside I see is if the diazepam is too sedating to take all at once, although I’m told that once you get used to it, the sedation greatly diminishes. 

I think this may be another circumstance where you have to experiment on yourself, an unfortunate aspect of this process is we have to treat ourselves as lab rats. 

If you do decide you’d like to take the diazepam twice a day, how would you go about it?  Would you begin by splitting your Bromazepam dose, wait to stabilize then begin the crossover?  Whatever you decide, do things slowly to allow for the changes to settle before changing again.  Even when we don’t reduce, symptoms can still show up from just the changes.

I started my gradual switch to diazepam.

3.4. - a reduced dose of bromazepam in the morning, a small dose of diazepam in the evening, I slept normally.

4.4. - same as the day before, BUT according to my smart watch I slept only light sleep for 6 hours, no dreams, no deep sleep

In the package leaflet of diazepam, it is stated that a paradoxical reaction - insomnia - may occur. Does anyone have experience with this, please? Will it go away after time? I am concerned if the diazepam route is the route for me. Or should I try taking diazepam in the morning?

I will be grateful for any advice.

thank you very much

I’m not familiar with diazepam effects, but I wouldn’t read too much into one night of side effects, nothing about this process makes sense.  Symptoms can show up without seeming to have a reason, its all part of the waxing and waning of symptoms we experience, linear progression of any type seems to be absent from this experience.

If you’re concerned, I’d ask the people in this support group thread. Valium Tapering Support