Question about acute withdrawl

[Mo...]

Hello buddies I was wondering are your symptoms at their worst during acute withdrawal? and when does that peak Thank you In advance

Moppies

Mine were, but they settled after the second week.

trying to figure out if I'm outa the woods for anything serious to happen. I'm on day 12 of my CT.

Symptoms can occur months after you stop so there is no such thing as "out of the woods" probably until 12 months or more. Everyone is so different. Not saying this to scare you. You are a shorter-term user and very lucky so far so you might be just fine.

Many individuals are able to discontinue benzodiazepines with few or no issues.  Sadly, most of the members of this community do not fall into that category.

Unless you are an ultra-slow metabolizer, by day 12, most of the clonazepam has probably been eliminated from your body. The fact that the withdrawal symptoms you have experienced thus far have been few and mild is an encouraging sign!

Symptoms can occur months after you stop so there is no such thing as "out of the woods" probably until 12 months or more. Everyone is so different. Not saying this to scare you. You are a shorter-term user and very lucky so far so you might be just fine.

oh. I just thought stuff like akatasia or anything really serious happens in the first two weeks. I guess it's really one day at a time.

Symptoms can randomly show up as the months go by but they aren’t as severe as acute.  However, for some who have been on the drug for years, there can be setbacks caused by other medications, supplements and alcohol which feel like acute for what it typically a short time, but some can suffer longer.

Just keep treating yourself gently and before taking anything for symptom relief or medical need it’s usually a good idea to check the forum for member input.  Just so you know, I quit cold turkey and recovered and have never had a setback.

Symptoms can randomly show up as the months go by but they aren’t as severe as acute.  However, for some who have been on the drug for years, there can be setbacks caused by other medications, supplements and alcohol which feel like acute for what it typically a short time, but some can suffer longer.

Just keep treating yourself gently and before taking anything for symptom relief or medical need it’s usually a good idea to check the forum for member input.  Just so you know, I quit cold turkey and recovered and have never had a setback.

that's reassuring. Im glad you didn't have to suffer such things as a setback. Now I pray I don't either. Hopefully in a month I feel a little bit better, without any new symptoms

Tip of the hat for feeding your mind hopeful (and hence helpful) thoughts of the future, Moppies!

Pamster has made a very important point … please treat yourself and your nervous system gently during the days and months ahead.  And definitely do your research before taking anything for symptom relief or medical needs.  For example, if I were in your shoes, I would refrain from taking benzodiazepines (or their cousins the Z-drugs) moving forward.

Tip of the hat for feeding your mind hopeful (and hence helpful) thoughts of the future, Moppies!

Pamster has made a very important point … please treat yourself and your nervous system gently during the days and months ahead.  And definitely do your research before taking anything for symptom relief or medical needs.  For example, if I were in your shoes, I would refrain from taking benzodiazepines (or their cousins the Z-drugs) moving forward.

definitely never taking a benzo after this. I learned my lesson

You’ve made a wise decision, Moppies.  Many of our members have gotten into trouble by taking and discontinuing benzodiazepines and/or Z-drugs multiple times. 

Seems you dodged a bullet. You are very lucky. I wish I could say the same.

If I did dodge a bullet it's because of you all. I'm very grateful that met you all at the time I did