Help tapering

[Me...]

Ativan tapering need advice. Started at 0.5mgs 1x a day 3 months ago. Dropped to 0.25 2 weeks later. Last night dropped to 0.125

I know first drop was large, but how long do I need to hold this new dosage? Or do I just stop now? *I've been cutting doses by just breaking my 0.5mg tabs*first time I've been on a benzo, so not sure how to do this. Someone on a different site recommended to water taper for 40 days from 0.25 😳 I'm prepared to experience the insomnia and increased anxiety.. not a fan, but that's why I was originally prescribed this, so it's inevitable.

Wow, you’ve been making 50% reductions, how are you feeling?  If you’re not dealing with severe symptoms then you may be one of the lucky people who can get off of these drugs with little to no problem, I hope so.

I’d let your symptoms determine when to jump, if you’re too uncomfortable, I’d reduce a bit more before jumping just to be on the safe side.

I dropped dose and last night was day 3. At this point my dosage is so low it's not making a difference with sleep wise. Past few nights I take it and 2 hours later I'm tired enough to go to sleep. Thinking at this rate I'll try to stop it tonight. I wasn't on it long. Nog. Dr knows now how I'm hesitant to try anything. It was suggested once I stop it to try natural approach.. melatonin instead of benzos or other addictive drugs.

I’m hoping you’re going to do just fine which is amazing because I’ve seen people become dependent in just 10 days, I’d say you dodged a bullet and I’m happy for you. 

Yes, please, no more Rx’s for sleep.  :thumbsup:

I'm hoping I'm going to do fine as well. If I could stay on 0.25 forever and not have long term issues I would. Only thing I've taken that truly helps panic attacks. I also haven't tried supplements though.

Yes, I've heard on many platforms. That's actually why I tapered myself off (tonight Will be first night without). 

I hope you’ll let us know how you do, I love it when members have an easier time of it, we see too much misery here.

I'll report back and let you know. Thank you! This page is the reason I tapered off my SSRI instead of going CT like I was advised. Very thankful to be able to go on here and ask questions to get valuable advice and information.