Audio, Apr/23: Hope and Belief in Benzo Withdrawal

[Li...]

Fellow benzo withdrawal traveler and therapist Jennifer Swantkowski recently posted two audio clips to her YouTube channel that are worth a listen. Her thoughts on ‘feeding’ our nervous systems the right nutrition and practicing willful tolerance are particularly noteworthy:

“Our mental diet is just as important as our food intake. So what is your mental nutrition like? Are you chowing down every day on scary stories, what ifs, and catastrophic outcomes?  If you are, how can you expect your nervous system to calm down if that’s your mental nutrition?  We’re not going to get a good outcome.”

Instead …

“Do not feed the fear and the chaos.  Willfully tolerate that this is your temporary situation.  You’re not going to lose your mind. You’re not going to die. You will heal.”

“Let yourself be.  Leave your thoughts, feelings, and sensations alone. Live your life as best you can alongside the traumatizing situation we find ourselves in.”

Links:

Hope and Belief in Benzo Withdrawal

Willful Tolerance in Benzo Withdrawal

Fellow benzo withdrawal traveler and therapist Jennifer Swantkowski recently posted two audio clips to her YouTube channel that are worth a listen. Her thoughts on ‘feeding’ our nervous systems the right nutrition and practicing willful tolerance are particularly noteworthy:

“Our mental diet is just as important as our food intake. So what is your mental nutrition like? Are you chowing down every day on scary stories, what ifs, and catastrophic outcomes?  If you are, how can you expect your nervous system to calm down if that’s your mental nutrition?  We’re not going to get a good outcome.”

Instead …

“Do not feed the fear and the chaos.  Willfully tolerate that this is your temporary situation.  You’re not going to lose your mind. You’re not going to die. You will heal.”

“Let yourself be.  Leave your thoughts, feelings, and sensations alone. Live your life as best you can alongside the traumatizing situation we find ourselves in.”

Links:

Hope and Belief in Benzo Withdrawal

Willful Tolerance in Benzo Withdrawal

These look great and just what I know I need! Im eating Salmon and watching them - :-)

Thanks from me and hope all get to watch them

You’re welcome, apaulo13.  I hope you find Jennifer’s audio clips helpful.  As you’ve probably already discovered, her YouTube channel includes a playlist of over 200 audio and video clips about benzo withdrawal at:

You’re welcome, apaulo13.  I hope you find Jennifer’s audio clips helpful.  As you’ve probably already discovered, her YouTube channel includes a playlist of over 200 audio and video clips about benzo withdrawal at:

Wow~! What an extensive list of endless videos!

I did enjoy the others and am subscribing to these.

Thank you!