Gluten withdrawal?

[fu...]

It's been more or less 3 weeks or even more I removed gluten from my diet due to an gastroenterologist recommendation given a pangastritis diagnosis. I am not celiac.

Since the removal, it seems my symptoms got exacerbated and also my blood pressure is lower like 100/60 or 90/60. I am debilitated due to stress intolerance and I was barely able to go to the supermarket and a pharmacy with my mom.

I was considering updosing to stabilize because I will need to go to an appointment of evaluation on a few days to see if I can keep my licence from my job, but then I am scared that it can make the blood pressure even lower.

I don't know what to do. I also don't see the point reintroducing gluten if I can't eat with like cottage (I am lactose intolerant) so I wonder what should I do.

Anyway, is there anything such as gluten withdrawal? Anyone can relate to this?

Hello,

I'm so sorry you're dealing with this!

I am celiac, and yes, gluten withdrawal is a thing. I had some very unpleasant symptoms after I cut it from my diet but they did go away eventually.

I really have no idea what benzo withdrawal and gluten withdrawal at the same time is like though, so I have no insight there. I hope you figure it out and feel better. <3

Hello,

I am celiac, and yes, gluten withdrawal is a thing. I had some very unpleasant symptoms after I cut it from my diet but they did go away eventually.

I really have no idea what benzo withdrawal and gluten withdrawal at the same time is like though, so I have no insight there. I hope you figure it out and feel better. <3

Thank you for sharing this. It's strange because I am not even celiac and had such a reaction. I wonder if it's related to the opiate-like properties of it. How long did the gluten withdrawal last for you and which symptoms did you feel?

I cut back carbs recently and started keto. I wasn't in ketosis the first two weeks but as soon as I went into ketosis, BOOM symptoms got agitated. Very strange stuff. I wonder what the connection is between withdrawal and dietary changes. It does work for some folks. As soon as I ate a little more fruit, I got back to a somewhat manageable place so maybe keto right now isn't for me. But we try, right? We try to help ourselves heal.

• 2 weeks later...

I guess keto is harder and it would not be appropriate at least for me due to the myself currently being sensitive to sugar level variations. Maybe if you endure the keto flu, things get easier, but that might be risky and the degree of stress to endure with a oversensitive brain could be more detrimental than helpful. That's nice you are better now.

I am still impressed that a lot of folks here talk about cutting gluten due to the glutamate but gluten withdrawal being so overlooked even with the opioid and morphins thing. Maybe I wasn't lucky on this first attempt, but I am skeptical.

Hello,

Mind sharing the symptoms you felt when you cut gluten and how long the withdrawal lasted?