Valium ending dose?

[Hi...]

Looking for recommendations, I am on 1.2 mg of Valium, at what dose can I stop all together and how big of cuts can I make?

Reductions in dose can be harder as you get to the lower doses, so it's often best not to rush it.  As a guideline I would use the usual advice  to make cuts of no more than 5-10%.  You may want to proceed more cautiously and let your symptoms guide you - that may mean making smaller cuts every 2 weeks and making your next cut only when you feel your symptoms have settled enough that you feel confident making another cut.

Dr. Ashton suggests .5 as a threshold for jumping off but it's best to follow what your body tells you.

Reductions in dose can be harder as you get to the lower doses, so it's often best not to rush it.  As a guideline I would use the usual advice  to make cuts of no more than 5-10%.  You may want to proceed more cautiously and let your symptoms guide you - that may mean making smaller cuts every 2 weeks and making your next cut only when you feel your symptoms have settled enough that you feel confident making another cut.

Dr. Ashton suggests .5 as a threshold for jumping off but it's best to follow what your body tells you.

I looked at Dr. Ashton manual/ method, her Valium taper is cutting by 1 mg every 1-2 weeks and jumping once at 1mg.

Making cuts of 5-10% is much less than her 1 mg cut suggestions.

I'll chime in on this as I am going through this process.  Each person is different.  SAFE AND SLOW seems to be the mantra to stick with, not FAST & FURIOUS.

A conservative method is reducing the dose by 5% every 2 weeks. 

I have read that staying too long at a level is not good, just as reducing too fast is.  The intermediate method is a 10% cut every 1 week - but that is for those who can handle it. Anything faster is not advised by those who have been there and done that.  I agree Dr. Ashton's schedule-A of 1mg per week is a little fast for most. (but SHE is the expert, not me).  She has a schedule-B which is a little slower. 

The key point:  never revert or go BACK UP to a previous dose.  I think everyone is in agreement with that.

Keep in mind: the 5% or 10% reduction number is taken from the CURRENT dose level, not when the taper was started.

(here comes the math: sorry) Example:  100 less 10% = 10, so you reduce the amount by 10. 100- 10 = 90.

You use the 90 (not 100) to reduce the next 10%:  90 less 10% = 9, so  90-9 = 81, and so forth. The % cuts get smaller and smaller as you approach 0.  Some resort to LIQUID tapers aka: micro-tapering. because the difficulty in splitting pills into such tiny pieces with and degree of precision. 

The type of liquid tapering you choose is up to you.  One type on YOU TUBE removes a X amount with a marked syringe in mL and tosses it into the sink. I prefer the DuPont method used in his BENZO BOOK which is online to read.

Hope this helps - apologies for the manifesto style response.