Stabilize or continue taper?

[Lo...]

Long story short I've been on clonazepam for 3 months. Started at 1 mg daily. While in the hospital for neurological issues the doctors cut me down to .25 daily in 3 weeks. It's been exactly two weeks since the last cut and I thought the symptoms were finally subsiding but the ringing in the ears has come back. I'm going to be doing a micro taper from here on but I really want as many symptoms to subside as possible. I understand 2 weeks is a typical hold time to stabilize but I'm terrified of moving too quick. Just hoping someone with experience can give me some guidance. I've also been taking salt baths that supposedly detox your body which I now realize is a bad idea. Thank you to anyone that can help.

We define stable as able to fix a simple meal for yourself, or taking a shower, also when your symptoms have stopped changing drastically, they've settled a bit.  Most of us never feel good during a taper, that only comes once we're off the drug and recovered from our use. 

Do you have other symptoms besides the tinnitus?

Hey pamster thanks for the response. I definitely don't feel right. Some days were OK but the last couple have not been good. Panic attacks, exhausted, and just generally sickish feeling. The ringing has gotten worse the last couple days though

I've been so useless to the point my wife is getting annoyed. But there's nothing I can do about it. Sometimes those closest to us don't even fully understand

I believe the problem is your rapid initial taper, your body is still trying to balance out after that so it might be a good idea to wait a little longer before tapering again.  Its a common complaint around here that our progress isn't linear, our symptoms feel like they're dissipating so we get our hopes up then we get hit out of the blue, its so discouraging. 

No one in our real lives can imagine what this is like and to compound that, many of our doctors don't acknowledge our situation so what else can our family and friends think when a trusted source tells them this is all in our heads?

For the first time I actually thought about going up in dose just to make it stop. But I know it's not the way to go.

I've worked with many members who have had to go up in dose after a too rapid withdrawal, if you need to do this then please don't feel you can't, you have options. 

My main problem right now is the tinnitus. If it persists I dont think I can make it honestly. Would going up in dose help this? Then I could taper slowly after. But I don't want to go back if it won't fix that problem because then it would just prolong everything.

I’m sorry to hear about your tinnitus, I had it too but it was pretty minor.  I can’t say if going up would help, for some it’s their worst symptom and the last to leave, I know its soul crushing.