Help please

[ne...]

A kind buddy informed me that my next drop from 2.5mg diazepam to 2mg will be a 20% drop.

I`ve been chopping off pieces of 2mg pills since I reached 5mg, before that I was using the water method, reducing from 10mg at 1ml a day.

So I`d like to begin water tapering again,  but I have NO idea how much water I need for 2.5 mg diaz? 

Could someone with a math head help please?  Many thanks

I had the same question, couldn't wrap my brain around the water titration, but finally got it from BB, and also read exactly what I needed in the article (below).  This gal followed the Ashton tapering I believe, I could be wrong but she's done a few videos.  Here's what she says, and I'll put the link to the whole article ;)

Q: What dose of pill or amount of water do I need to start with? A: It doesn’t matter. That’s the beauty of this method! The amount of water doesn’t determine what dose you will be getting so much as the rate at which you will be tapering. Whether you’re starting off with 2mg of Ativan or 60mg of Valium, if you start off with 300ml of water as demonstrated in this video, you will end up with a 10% per month reduction and a 10 month taper (assuming you reduce daily without any interruptions).

https://benzobrains.com/2021/01/18/top-5-water-tapering-questions-answered/

Thank you oreganlady

How much water are you using?   

I followed the lady in the article and began on 300ml but now I`m down to 2.5mg I don`t think I need 300ml again ( do I ?) I am really confused, wouldn`t I need a lesser amount of water?

If I need the 300ml how much would I need to take out to reduce from 2.50 mg?  I`m sorry but I am useless at trying to work this out

NCT

I can't agree more with drinking that much water, and when I start on the 25th I'll be doing .75, I finally put "some" info in my signature but I seem to keep adding as I am pretty new, just here 2 weeks I think.

I am now guessing for myself as I couldn't find anything, but her Answer to the question seems to be that the water amount doesn't effect the dosage you are getting.  If I use less water I'll still get the same dose.  When I do mine I'll have to decide if I can handle the taste, which I'm pretty sure I could cut the amount of water.  I'm glad you brought this up, but I do think it is up to us.

This is only my brain rattling it's way through here, but maybe the "more water" they suggest is so people can divide up the doses??

Let's hope someone that's been around the block replies to you also.  I'll reply again if I find further info on it though, you are certainly not alone as sometimes things seems so vague, instruction-wise. 

Hi Nevercantell,

I read it again, and again and I believe the bottom line is that the amount of water doesn't determine the dose.  It's so confusing I understand, but this is what I'm getting from it.  You are right in being confuse imo because if there's less or more water, the suspended pill amount is denser or less dense, so are we getting the same amount, lol??  Now you got me thinking ;) I think my brain is my worst enemy, or atleast how it thinks  :laugh::idiot:

I'm also thinking that I wouldn't have to drink it all at once, it's just over a cup of water so yeah, I'm just going to use the 300 ml.  Just so we shake it up good each time, and then when done, add the water to get the residue off the inside of jar and drink that too ;)

Thank goodness I`m not alone with my confusion Oregonlady.

I managed well when I started at 10mg diaz and 300ml of water, then I got down to 5mg of diazepam and was only prescribed 2mg x 3 tabs daily by my Dr. 

I chopped these to get the amount I needed and now I only have 2mg pills to work with, but I stockpiled just about enough to get through (but not if I use 10mg for the 300ml )

My mistake, I shouldn`t have told my Dr I`d reduced but instead carried on with water taper.  Being honest in this doesn`t help -sigh. 

So hopefully someone will come along and help us out but thanks for your help

NCT

My pills will be 1 mg size, but I had cut them to start on the .75 last month.  I don't think the pill (s) matters as long as we have enough water to dissolve them.  So you have 10 mg and have been cutting it up to get down to the 2 mg, is that correct?  And no, you are not alone in your confusion, I was a bit worried I had replied because I don't want to confuse you more with my confusion ;)

I'm not sure why we would put the 10 mg (whole tablet) in, and I went through this too, in my thinking I had to put my whole 1 mg tablet in.  I want some backup to in case I need to updose.  So I'll keep cutting with a pill-cutter or razor blade to get the .75 mg amount to put in water, each day.

Is this making sense?  Let me know what you think ;) Denise PS I should have asked you exactly how much are you taking each day because I got a bit confused, again.  What is your dose at this time, is it 3 doses of 2 mg?, I think that's right but not sure.