Provigil or Modafinil

[co...]

I just started 50 mg of Modafinil this AM. OMG! I feel like I'm tripping out!  Shaking, sweating, anxious, etc. 

I so want this medication to work.  I'm on it for daytime drowsiness. 

I was on 80 mg of Vyvanse for nearly 15 years and it never affected me like this!

Does anyone here take Modafinil? Does the shakiness go away?

• 1 month later...
I take 200mg Modafinil for my 20yr. Xanax drowsiness and brain fog. Unbelievable but I barely feel Modafini.l Before the Modafinil I was taking Adderall for Xanax drowsiness. That wasn't a smart fix for Xanax drowsiness; Adderall is a HAMMER. And I did become addicted to it. Today is 3months off crazy Adderall. Today is my first day of a very slow Xanax taper. I have realized and accepted that I'm physically dependent on 3mg/day of Xanax.

I take 200mg Modafinil for my 20yr. Xanax drowsiness and brain fog. Unbelievable but I barely feel Modafini.l Before the Modafinil I was taking Adderall for Xanax drowsiness. That wasn't a smart fix for Xanax drowsiness; Adderall is a HAMMER. And I did become addicted to it. Today is 3months off crazy Adderall. Today is my first day of a very slow Xanax taper. I have realized and accepted that I'm physically dependent on 3mg/day of Xanax.

Hello doremi  I would like to welcome you to the benzobuddies forum. :hug:

You are doing the right thing by slow tapering your Xanax.  It’s generally recommended to reduce between 5-10% every 10-14 day, It depends on how you feel,  and severity of symptoms. Its  best to go with whatever feels comfortable. We are glad you are here anyway,  you’ll get plenty of support and encouragement here to help you through this process.

The Ashton Manual, is a great resource for understanding the effect benzo’s  have on our body.  It provides withdrawal information and includes a list of common symptoms 

I'll leave you a few links:

The Ashton Manual

Colorado Consortium Benzodiazepine Deprescribing Guidelines

Planning Your Withdrawal (TaperPlans)

You might like to post to this support group:

The Xanax Club

If you can please  add a signature (history of meds/doses etc) PROFILE then choose forum profile then insert drug history into the text box and remember to click change profile

Magrita

Doremi....I would give anything to go back on Vyvanse, but I can't.  I don't have ADHD.  I was misdiagnosed for years.  My insurance won't pay for it now and it's super expensive.  I'm now on 200 mg of modafinil and it doesn't work very well. I'm still getting the sweating big time.  I'm too afraid to mention that side effect to my doctor because I don't want him to yank me off it.  It works some....just not as well as vyvanse did. I can hardly function due to the fatigue from the depression/meds. I'm currently on 1 mg of Klonopin.  I was on 2 mg.  I tapered off 1 mg over a several months....it was HELL.  I am currently doing TMS for my depression.  I'm 7 sessions in.  So far, I can't tell too big of a difference.  But, I know I'm going to have to taper off the rest of the klonopin after TMS.  I dread it.  I wish you luck.  Benzo's are awful.  I've been on klonopin for about the same amount of time you've been on xanax.  I think it's been adding to my depression.  I guess I was somewhat addicted to Vyvanse.  It was a wonder drug for me.  It helped me so much with my depression and my fatigue.  I had to get off that in November 2022.  Awful.