Please, please, please watch this on YouTube!

[Ma...]

Hi guys,

I am in month 6.5 and when not completely incapacitated-which has been a lot-I spend hours upon hours here, Dr. Google. and dozens, actually 100’s, of YouTube videos (not to mention reading books on w/d, mindfulness, Instagram, time with my benzo-wise therapist ad infinum).

I just watched ‘Benzo Warrior Community Hosts Baylissa Frederick…’ onYouTube (apologies I don’t know how to post the link). She sums everything up, everything! It’s a free counseling session, puts to rest a lot of concerns, explains many aspects of w/d, answers a whole host of questions we all have just so so so much.

more!

I feel encouraged in a manner I haven’t felt, feel just well-Without A Doubt We Will All Heal. Everyone of us!

I encourage each of you to watch this. You will hopefully breathe an enormous sigh of relief as I did 🙏

Liz gal-Yes! Google her as she offers coaching. Also try Jennifer Leigh-she offers coaching, 3 times/week group online meetings. She’s just so helpful! 🙏

How do I find Baylissa and Jennifer's counseling and group. I talked to Jennifer last summer and she confused me how to sign up for her group

Lizgal,

Foe Jennifer's website go to Benzowithdrawalhelp.com scroll down and you will see Withdrawal Help its a blue button click on it.  This is much easier then last years version it was confusing.

Vynne Baylissa Frederick - or Bliss Johns as she used to call herself - does charge for her counselling, doesn't she? I think if you're going to recommend her services on this forum, you should at least mention that fact. It's a bit misleading to describe her YouTube video as a "free counselling session" without also pointing out that Baylissa normally charges a fee for her sessions. I found these rates on one of her websites :

50 Minute Withdrawal Support Session and/or Mindful Compassion Coaching via Phone or Face Time

50 minutes @ $100.00

30 Minute Withdrawal Support Session and/or Mindful Compassion Coaching via Phone or Face Time

30 minutes @ $60.00

Baylissa adds that she offers "a limited number of free sessions per week as well as concessions for the elderly/pensioners, people who are unable to work, on benefits, or homeless," but I found no details about how many such free sessions she actually offers, how one would qualify for them, or what "concessions" she includes. Has anyone here qualified for such free sessions? How would someone sign up for them?

One more thing I found a bit confusing: in the introductory graphic to

, Baylissa is described as a "Psychotherapist". On one of her websites, as also here, she describes herself as "a psychotherapist, coach and author." But on the Mad in America website, and elsewhere, she is described as "a BACP registered counsellor," rather than a psychotherapist. As far as I know, she has not earned a doctorate in psychology - or in anything else. According to one of her websites, she holds a master's degree in therapeutic counseling. Again, on this same website, she describes her sessions as "coaching" and not as psychotherapy. Does Baylissa still live in Wales? Are there any rules in Wales about who can hold themselves out to the public as psychotherapists? Has Baylissa earned a doctorate in psychology, which she simply forgot to mention? If anyone has more information about this transformation, I'd appreciate some clarification. Is Baylissa actually a psychotherapist, and legally entitled to hold herself out as such? Or is she still just a BACP registered counsellor?

As for Jennifer Leigh, she also charges for her counselling, and her rates are pretty high. Her base rate is $150 an hour for a ZOOM session ($75 for a half-hour session), but she can charge as much as $400 an hour for "urgent" ZOOM counselling. That's a pretty good chunk of change. I think it would be worth mentioning in any post recommending her services. If she offers free counselling sessions, I didn't find anything about them on her website. Does she offer free online group sessions? Where would we find more information about that? On the other hand, at least Jennifer Leigh does have a doctorate in psychology.

But I wonder if either Dr. Jennifer Leigh or BACP Registered Counsellor Baylissa Frederick can provide any evidence that their pricey coaching sessions improve the outcomes for those going through benzo withdrawal - any more than a free online benzo-withdrawal support group would do. I couldn't find any such evidence. If anyone else has found such evidence, please point me to it. Thanks

• 1 month later...
Thanks Mary for recomending the Baylissa video. It was my first experience of her. She's AMAZING! I will listen to this over and over again. She gave me strength to keep going!