4 months update - some improvement

[je...]

I am now 4 months off and some people have asked how I'm doing so here's an update. The first three months symptoms felt the same as during my taper - I didn't notice much of a difference.

Around the start of month 4 during the first week I had a pretty bad wave. My sleep went from bad to worse and my symptoms also got worse. There were no new symptoms but the intensity increased. I spent most of the week on the couch. During my waves I am functional and I still keep things afloat but it is a huge struggle for me. I also didn't do any cooking during this week as I just didn't feel up to it. If I absolutely had to, I could've done it, but I just didn't want to do it. After a week the wave lifted and I felt much better. My sleep improved. I would usually get 3 hours sleep a night and since then there are often nights where I get 4-5 hrs of sleep. The intensity of my symptoms are also less. I still have all my symptoms but it's not as bad as it used to be. I will get waves of stronger symptoms but they'll last a couple of hours and then I'll go back to feeling better. Stress is still my worst enemy. I've had one day where I was back on the couch during this past three weeks which I know was stress induced.

So overall the past three weeks I can see improvement. I don't know if it will last, but for now I'll take it.

You sound just like me!! I'm having windows, but the waves can still be quite bad.i function but can be a real struggle and I struggle to cook etc too because of it.im just over three months CT. The last three days have been extremely unpleasant and I can't shake the headache. I'm never symptom free but there are days when I'm 80 percent feeling ok

Hugs Jelly.  It can only get better from here.  I still have some pretty horrid symptoms at 15 months from my setback but sleep has finally returned for me.  I can sleep 10 hours some days.  Sleep will return for you too!

thanks for sharing your progress, as well as the ups and downs jellybean.  It gave me a lot of hope, especially about "after the wave"  :smitten:

• 1 month later...
Oh how did I miss this x congratulations u little battler ❤️ Before u know it you will be trying to remember how far off u are. Time moves fast x sending u lots of healing vibes xx