Opposites effect?

[Un...]

Benzodiazepine withdraw does the opposite of what the pollutant is prescribed for. Therefore, wouldn’t a strong stimulant that increases dopamine be a potential option for benzo withdrawal? I’ve done a little research on my theory, and it seems benzo are used if someone is overstimulated. Just a thought. If anyone has any details on this matter, please inform. Thank you.

Interesting theory... I've moved your post to Chewing the Fat in hopes some people who think outside the box will contribute.

• 2 weeks later...

This is a good question! I do still take Methylphenidate as I' ve been taking it for 8 years now ...and I am in acute withdrawal right now ...more than 12 days off of Klonopin now...

I always wondered whether Stimulants wouldn't be counterproductive in benzo withdrawal since they do stimulate the CNS that is already soo sensitized and overstimulated in withdrawal...

But my doctors absolutely didn't want me to get off of Stimulants now in Klonopin withdrawal ... and yes I do really think that I would feel more benzo withdrawal if I was taken off of methylphenidate now, too... but just because my brain is so used to it after 8 years of taking it...

Stimulants can increase anxiety a lot!

I started methylphenidate in May/June 2015 my first Recovery Year at Month 6 after Valium Withdrawal...and it caused a real setback! That was at the time when I had many /mostly very nice lovely Windows and a few stress related small waves that lasted only few days... suddenly when I got on 20mg methylphenidate I got this really nasty feeling of anxiousness all the time 24/7... and my panic disorder was fueled by it.... often it felt like almost beeing back to acute... it took almost 3 months until I got used to methylphenidate and the anxiety settled down...weird was when I updosed on 2x 30mg (Month 9/10) my anxiety got a lot better... but maybe that was because I was further in my healing...

This time... in Klonopin withdrawal (I just take low dose methylphenidate a couple of times throughout the day like 5mgs) it's now more the Rebound effect  when methylphenidate stops acting that triggers withdrawal and anxiety for me right now...

Weird thing is... 2015 as soon as my anxiety on methylphenidate got better I found it even helps with my anxiety rather than fueling it then... the same today... but... ADHD medication only calms people who do have ADHD as far as I can tell... if you don 't have it... I'd suppose it would make you even more anxious... as well as if you have ADHD but also a panic disorder (especially if you are not used to it)

Perhaps from direct and immediate withdrawal symptoms, but I found actual damage was far broader and intricately woven into all aspects of neurology..

personally my symptoms don’t vary much no matter the med I’m discontinuing..