Anyone else have mutiple skin issues? ( Includes pic of just one of many issues)

[no...]

I'm tapering Diazepam and have multiple skin problems, super dry skin all over, seborrhoeic  dermatitis severe the scalp, face, skin on arms, feet and legs look and feel like wrinkled leather, skin all over feels too tight, dead skin on feet. skin  burning all over :( 

Skin shedding lots of dead skin in my bed, if I wet my skin it peels as I'm trying to dry it and NON STOP BURING!! which I've had for ages now,  and any attempt to rub cream or oil or exfoliate  dry or dead  skin, even just using my hand gently on wet skin  is AGONY :D so I stop trying now. Top layer of skin on my feet other body parts and legs  look  like the skins really dirty or dying off as in pic of my foot below

image(87).png

And generally dry skin all over and dry peeling lips too I also have major hair loss as the scalp seborrhoeic dermatitis is thick yellow oily flakes along with sores on the scalp. I also have it on the face and in and behind my ears and its painful  I also have 'chicken skin'' on my neck and ultra dry scaly skin thick on my breast, and other parts of my body  :(

Nova  :smitten:

[43...]

Hi Nova 1

I’m not familiar with this… but hopefully there will be others chime later who are familiar with this.

I really just want to remind you how important hydration is for those of us going through withdrawal. Statistics show that throughout the population in general, over 90% of people are constantly dehydrated all of the time. And dehydration is even worse for those of us in withdrawal. 

Hi Nova 1

I’m not familiar with this… but hopefully there will be others chime later who are familiar with this.

I really just want to remind you how important hydration is for those of us going through withdrawal. Statistics show that throughout the population in general, over 90% of people are constantly dehydrated all of the time. And dehydration is even worse for those of us in withdrawal.

I got no worries there,  I drink at least 3 litres of spring water water though the day plus a couple at night due to waking up with a constantly dry sore mouth and tongue, had that for ages too.  :(

[43...]

Hi Nova 1

I got no worries there,  I drink at least 3 litres of spring water water though the day plus a couple at night due to waking up with a constantly dry sore mouth and tongue, had that for ages too.  :(

:thumbsup::smitten:

I have had a lot of skin issues and gronwgat others have told me it’s normal in this. I use Vaseline a lot all over and then cover feet with very soft socks, and body with softer materials. I use a humidifier in my room to help put a little moisture in the air. Cooler water is supposed to help but I haven’t made the switch from warm showers.

Hope others chime in with what has helped them.

I have had a lot of skin issues and gronwgat others have told me it’s normal in this. I use Vaseline a lot all over and then cover feet with very soft socks, and body with softer materials. I use a humidifier in my room to help put a little moisture in the air. Cooler water is supposed to help but I haven’t made the switch from warm showers.

Hope others chime in with what has helped them.

Me too  :( thanks for your input  :hug:

• 1 month later...
I’m having skin issues for sure, maybe slightly different than yours but still skin issues. Aside from the typical intense burning sensations I’m getting hives quite frequently, red patches on my face, head and chest. Pretty much all of my skin is dry which is an issue I’ve never had prior to withdrawal so I’m using a fragrance free oat blend moisturizer from Aveeno daily. I also use cortisone cream for the redness. I know it may be a bit different than the skin issues you’re having but it just shows benzos do affect the skin also!  Hope this helps a little.

I have very very very dry skin. And I was born in this white gel around me and always had the softest skin out of everyone I knew without ever putting anything on it because of that. Now it is very firm and dry and rough.

I have very very very dry skin. And I was born in this white gel around me and always had the softest skin out of everyone I knew without ever putting anything on it because of that. Now it is very firm and dry and rough.

My skin was like that I looked years younger now its dry wrinkled scaly seb derm, of scalp and face ears  eczema, skin on arms look-like lizard skin,  skin feels too tight for my body, spots, lumps that come and go, massive hair loss  multiple skin issues its beyond belief sometimes  :(

• 2 weeks later...
Well, on my forehead I have what my dermatologist said is Melasma. A small patch. She said the Gabapentin can cause it. Hormonal changes and also the liver from the medication. 

The best advise is stay clean shower or bathe and use lotion or coconut oil.  Don’t let it dry out. 

The best advise is stay clean shower or bathe and use lotion or coconut oil.  Don’t let it dry out.

Its not that simple unfortunately if only it were  :(

Hi Nova... This sounds so painful and uncomfortable sorry for what you're going through.

During my very slow taper... my skin has been SO DRY. The dryest it has ever been. SCALES and  FLAKING.

In addition you mentioned your scalp. This has been a pain point for me; my scalp has actually hurt at times and had some issues wiht my hair. One of the things I've done is almost completely stopped drinking coffee. I'm down to half cup a day (down from four shots a day that's really something lol!). This has helped with the dryness some but not a cureall. It sounds like your symptoms although really difficult are consistent with benzo WD. Thinking of you and hoping your body returns to homeostasis soon.

Hi Nova... This sounds so painful and uncomfortable sorry for what you're going through.

During my very slow taper... my skin has been SO DRY. The dryest it has ever been. SCALES and  FLAKING.

In addition you mentioned your scalp. This has been a pain point for me; my scalp has actually hurt at times and had some issues wiht my hair. One of the things I've done is almost completely stopped drinking coffee. I'm down to half cup a day (down from four shots a day that's really something lol!). This has helped with the dryness some but not a cureall. It sounds like your symptoms although really difficult are consistent with benzo WD. Thinking of you and hoping your body returns to homeostasis soon.

Thank you  :hug:  :smitten:

Hi Nova , I've had a few skin problems especially on my feet

Excema on the bottom of my foot that was so bad skin just came off and feet bleed,it went away after 3 months but still comes and goes . Excema  on my hands gets bad also . I can't use my hands much when this happens  finger tips bleed. Hope this help you a little.

I'm tapering Diazepam and have multiple skin problems, super dry skin all over, seborrhoeic  dermatitis severe the scalp, face, skin on arms, feet and legs look and feel like wrinkled leather, skin all over feels too tight, dead skin on feet. skin  burning all over :( 

Skin shedding lots of dead skin in my bed, if I wet my skin it peels as I'm trying to dry it and NON STOP BURING!! which I've had for ages now,  and any attempt to rub cream or oil or exfoliate  dry or dead  skin, even just using my hand gently on wet skin  is AGONY :D so I stop trying now. Top layer of skin on my feet other body parts and legs  look  like the skins really dirty or dying off as in pic of my foot below

image(87).png

And generally dry skin all over and dry peeling lips too I also have major hair loss as the scalp seborrhoeic dermatitis is thick yellow oily flakes along with sores on the scalp. I also have it on the face and in and behind my ears and its painful  I also have 'chicken skin'' on my neck and ultra dry scaly skin thick on my breast, and other parts of my body  :(

Im not sure this is your problem, but I can give you a few links to vidoes about how to spot deficiencies(vitamins/minerals) on skin, hair and nails. Just pm me. Maybe it could be of use to you, its known that most psych meds create deficiencies. Anyway give me a pm if you are interested. All the best to you and may you have a full recovery.