Direct C/O from Xanax 0.25 to 5mg of Liquid Valium

[be...]

Hello, so I’ve posted on here about a month ago. Long story short was 3 months ago prescribed 0.5mg Xanax as needed for anxiety due to a health condition that terrified me. Never took it every day maybe 2 or 3 times a week but enough to develop dependence because tried to stop and after 4 days suffered withdrawal. So then I started to take daily to “stabilize” for about a week. So I contacted physiotherapist that had experience with tapering Benzos she advised to switch to liquid Valium with a direct c/o because I was not on the Xanax to long and the dose not to large. So for the past week I started the valium at 5mg a day and yes the interdose withdrawal subsided some I have experienced some panic attacks and very dark thoughts, I didn’t have before, it eventually went away but still Very scary. Not sure if it’s stopping the Xanax completely or the Valium causing this. I spoke to her about it and she said this should go away after I’ve adjusted to the Valium. But not sure if I want to continue the Valium and go back to the Xanax. Please any advise will be appreciated

Valium is know for causing depression and sedation but members seem to adapt to it and are glad they made the switch.  I'd probably try to stick with the Valium, its too bad you didn't get an opportunity to take some of the Xanax while crossing, it may have helped with the panic attacks.

Thanks for the reply Pamster. I will try to continue the Valium for another few days and see how I feel. Those scary thoughts are like uncontrollable and  made me have a panic attack. Never had this before. They did seem to go away after a few hours and happens the next day after the dose. I hope this c/o will work because I don’t want to go backwards. But the Xanax didn’t give me dark and scary thoughts. Any more advice is welcomed Thanks again to who ever reads this.