New Symptom: Insomnia and even when sleeping, never waking up rested?

[ro...]

Hi all! Been a while since i last posted here. Been on Remeron for 3 years ish since December 2019. Been doing a very slow taper over 3 years. I tend to stay on a dose for a very long time cause afraid of more symptoms coming. Was prescribed originally for insomnia. Was sleeping pretty well for over a year or a bit more. Caught the flu early February and ever since, horrible insomnia started. It feels worse than my normal insomnia. Takes me forever to fall asleep. Sometimes i dont and i dont sleep at all. Others, i average 3 to 5 hours of broken sleep, waking up every hour. But even on days when i average 7 or more hours, still wake up feeling as if i didn't. Been going on for a bit more than 2 weeks now. Pretty scared. Is it a wave due the flu even though i recovered? Have had other symptoms worsened ever since too like the dizzy vision and anxiety and other symptoms i didn't had for months like headaches, hypnic jerks and pinching nerves coming back. Question: Can i expect my sleep to stabilize slowly? For how long it will take? Is it normal to sleep a lot and still wake up exhausted? Thank you for any insight! I didn"t posted on the longest. Been a while.

Did you take any meds when you had the flu? You might face a problem of medication interference. If this is the case and you don't take any meds except for Remeron, your problem can go away on its own. I recommend double-checking the descriptions (I usually use the Canadian Pharmacy site for this purpose).

Answering your question, no, it is not normal to sleep a lot and still wake up exhausted. Maybe try natural ways of treatment like regular exercise, drinking plenty of water, ditching screen time, limiting caffeinated beverages, and keeping your bedroom quiet, dark, and cool at night to help you sleep. Also, did you address a doctor?