taper klonazepam difficulty

[bh...]

I tapered clonazepam 6 mg to 4 mg in  3 months possibly nearby 3 months ...divided in 3 doses...now there is difficulty in cutting .125 mg dose as I have severe anxiety afternoon...is it better to shift to valium over 1 month ...my doctor advised direct shift  full dose but it leads to depression like symptoms ....but as I searched I should take minimum 1 month to cross over according to Aston manual...Direct taper gives me lots of anxiety

Hi,

I'm sorry you're having difficulty. Is your doctor well informed about benzos and withdrawal? I'm new to this group and about to begin a taper, but from what I've read, primarily folks think tapering off the med you're on is best. However, it sounds like you tried that and it's causing suffering. I would say Ashton transition ( as in Ashton) to valium may be best as it seems any change or taper should be slow.  This is a hard process, have faith, you will get there! Focus on the sucess stories!!

• 3 weeks later...

Hi bhadresh179

Sorry I haven’t been here to discuss things with you until now.

Have you made any decisions?

Are you sticking with the clonazepam or have you already begun a switch to Valium?