21 months free [BROMAZEPAM / CLONAZEPAM / ALPRAZOLAM]

[...]

In 4 days I turn 21 months old and I am very happy for having made a lot of progress.

Lately I am sleeping between 4 to 5 hours straight, and very few bad nights in which I sleep 2 or 3 hours straight.

They are not 100% windows but they are my best windows at the moment. I almost don't have transparent diarrhea, the dirt is a symptom that I didn't even pay attention to because it's very rare that I have it.

I got many very small pimples on my forehead, like in the first months of abstinence, and some pimples on the back of my neck. I still have the problem that the blemishes don't heal fast enough even though I have better skin than before, I notice a little improvement in my skin and my acne blemishes.

I drank alcohol and smoked cigarettes at a New Year's party, approximately 15 cigarettes and vodka with energizer, even if I didn't get drunk, there was a small intensity in the symptoms but very mild. I will not drink alcohol or smoke again, the last time I drank was in August of last year and if I got drunk. (I'm 22 years old)

I have a slight depression because I want to sleep 8 hours and have a restful sleep but unfortunately I have to wait hahahahahaha.

Within everything I am improving, I hope I recover soon, I think I will return to the forum when I am 2 years old without benzodiazepines.

Happy to hear your New Years celebration didn’t set you back too much and I’m glad you’re seeing improvement.  :thumbsup:

I'm close to recovering am I missing a lot? I'm already tired of this

Does it cause a lot of harm to have taken alcohol and cigarettes? only take 6 or 7 times in these 21 months without benzodiazepines. of which 5 times I got drunk.

I don’t know if smoking affects recovery, I’ve seen a few posts discussing it but I know alcohol can cause setbacks so I’m glad to see your consumption hasn’t set you back. I think your youth may have something to do with your good fortune.  :thumbsup:

• 1 month later...

How long were you on the alprazolam?  How did you get off it so fast?

Everything is in my signature. just take 0.5mg and take it for 5 days and stop cold turkey. (Ct)

Isn't it dangerous to get off alprazolom that quickly?  I'd really rather taper so my withdrawal symptoms are less.

of course. I was not aware of the damage at the time, luckily I had moderate withdrawal at first. I never had seizures, shortness of breath, or serious cognitive problems, just anxiety, insomnia, depression, and some physical symptoms. at first they were moderate and then became mild.

Soon I will be 23 months after the last time I took benzodiazepines and I assure you that little by little this improves, I will update you soon.

I'm really happy for you!  Must feel good to be free of the meds.  I think your youth helped you alot with withdrawals.  I've been on xanax for 22 years and am 69. The thought of the withdrawal process is frightening to me.  Additionally, I had open heart surgery in 2000 so really don't want heart palpitations and other stress to my body. 

I also think the same, my first ct was when I just turned 19 and my last ct was when I was 20, I have about 6 months left to turn 21.

I am currently 22 years old.

My young age not only helped me to have moderate/mild cts, I also believe that it helped me to recover.

I don't want to scare you, I don't have those intentions, I think that by now you already know and are aware, the best advice I can give you is to reduce gradually, take your time.

I made a publication of the 23 months completed, there is a little extra info

• 2 weeks later...
Wonderful success story!  I truly am motivated hearing your story and others.  I am determined to get there this time around.