8yrs7mosFree, remembering what BB meant to me, an audio story

[Af...]

Dear Buddies,

Old timer here, returning to share a 15-minute story I recorded yesterday, as part of my volunteer work for a non-profit charity that helps people with chronic illness.

I address different topics every month, but this time I’m looking back at my time here on BB—with a more soulful perspective.

I’m not sure if this will be comforting to those of you who are in the thick of it, but I hope so, and offer these soothing words as a glimpse of better days to come.

The work you’re doing now—your commitment to giving yourself a better life—is soo important.

Hang in there,

Aft

I’ve included a link to the transcript in case you’d like to read along.

(when I was in your shoes, my brain was too scrambled to focus without extra help!)

Audio Recording (15:40) — Deepening Into Soulfulness: When Illness is a Threshold

PDF of transcript — AUDIO STORY TRANSCRIPT

:smitten:

czH2ORp.png 

NovaScotia!

My goodness, it’s wonderful to hear from you.

I’m still embracing Meditation and belong to a group where we all meditate together and then talk about life.

It’s special because everyone speaks from a calm and centered place. It’s deep and meaningful and helpful.

I hope you’re still making your rugs and I hope you’re still indulging in the beauty of your surroundings.

Also, I think it’s wonderful you continue to support people here. Your poetic words are healing for all.

Big hug :smitten:

Aft35yrs ...

I continue to craft mats ... I try to do some everyday ... it is a place for me to place my attention, especially on those "lousy" days ...

For me, being in Nature is necessary ... once again, a place to focus my attention ... a reminder that I have a place to be and a place to cherish ...

We each have a path to walk, it is wonderful to hear about yours once again ...

Be Well.

• 1 month later...
My goodness, thank you for this offering  :smitten: I can really relate to soulfulness and you have a wonderful way with words. I love your voice, it is so soothing. If you ever read a book or had a podcast, I would listen!  ;D

This resonates with me so much as a breast cancer survivor, big pharma survivor and chronic pain/migraine warrior. Thank you for sharing! Amazing how the universe rewards us with what we are seeking when we are in most need of it. Have a beautiful day.

My goodness, thank you for this offering  :smitten: I can really relate to soulfulness and you have a wonderful way with words. I love your voice, it is so soothing. If you ever read a book or had a podcast, I would listen!  ;D

Thank you for listening, Wildling, and I’m so glad you found it helpful. I actually DO record these Soul Chronicles on a regular basis (free). I will send you a link by PM.

Also, I read your Letter to My Future Self. What a great idea! You might feel some reassurance from my Five Years Free post here on BB. Here’s the link: http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?topic=220191.0

Keep up the self care; it’s a long road, but worth it to stay the course 💜

This resonates with me so much as a breast cancer survivor, big pharma survivor and chronic pain/migraine warrior. Thank you for sharing! Amazing how the universe rewards us with what we are seeking when we are in most need of it. Have a beautiful day.

Hi Tinkered, I’m so glad this was helpful to you today. Since you mention that you have additional chronic conditions (as do I), I”m wondering if you might like to hear additional recordings I’ve made for my project “Soul Chronicles for the Chronically Ill” (all free). I’ll send you a link via PM. Take care, Aft :smitten:

• 2 weeks later...

Dear Aft35yrs  :smitten:

Thank you for sharing this recording with us all. What a beautiful perspective on healing, the hummingbirds, soulfulness which is a word I did not know... it makes such sense to me too. And how soothing it is to hear your very own soft-spoken voice! Thank you so much for sharing, again, from the bottom of my heart.

Have a beautiful day,

Julia  :smitten:

Thank you for sharing this recording with us all. What a beautiful perspective on healing, the hummingbirds, soulfulness which is a word I did not know... it makes such sense to me too. And how soothing it is to hear your very own soft-spoken voice! Thank you so much for sharing, again, from the bottom of my heart.

Have a beautiful day,

You’re most welcome, Julz :smitten: I remember you, and hope your windows are becoming longer; I know you were poly-drugged, as was I, and healing from all that can take a long time. I’m glad to hear that listening to a recording was helpful; I wanted to offer my buddies here a few moments of peace.

Have a beautiful day,

You’re most welcome, Julz :smitten: I remember you, and hope your windows are becoming longer; I know you were poly-drugged, as was I, and healing from all that can take a long time. I’m glad to hear that listening to a recording was helpful; I wanted to offer my buddies here a few moments of peace.

Thank you so much, dearest Aft35yrs  :smitten: Yes, I was polydrugged as well, and have been off for 5 years and a half now. Not counting windows but improving very very very slowly but nevertheless, I am very thankful for my healing, any healing 🙏 As you say, for some of us, and it would make sense that for those who need to heal from multiple drugs (and a long time on them), it can take a very long time indeed, and the process will test you to levels of strength and endurance you never thought you could face. But what matters is that we get through this and emerge stronger on the other side.

I remember your success story, dear Aft35yrs, it is such a beautiful one, written with such perspective on your whole journey with so much love of life  :smitten: I also really like the images that you share, they speak in ways that words cannot...!

All of what you share really inspires me, I think to myself : 'what an incredible woman' and am inspired to keep fighting no matter what hardship the day brings. It will all make sense one day, in a way that isn't yet quite clear but I know it deep, deep within my heart  :smitten:

So, again, thank you dearest Aft35yrs. Have a beautiful healed day!

Julz  :smitten: