Gabapentin

[cl...]

I just started cuttting down on Kratom use and trying to use gabapentin.  I am having intense depression and it comes on really intense.  I am depressed to begin with but this is different.  I haven't really though about it but it seems to made things worse and I am only taking 300-600 mg a day.  I also cut down my kratom use by 66% too so that could be it.  Anyone get depression from gabapentin?

I've read Kratom tapering can be rough, please go slowly especially if you're adding a new drug.  The members on this support group thread can answer your questions about Gabapentin.  http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?topic=84267.0

Thanks for the link.  I think I am just going to pass on trying to add in the gabapentin.  Sounds like it comes with too many issues.  Funny enough, Kratom isn't too hard for me to taper off.  I have done it a number of times with not many problems and gone for long stretches without using it.  It comes with the benefit that it is a powder so it makes the taper easier in that sense.  Everyone is different I know and some people have a horrible time with getting off Kratom.

pregabalin, gabapentin's sister drug, induces deep depression and thus i'm trying my hardest to taper off of it.

Thanks for the input, it sounds best for me if I don't get started on it.  I hope you are able to get off it soon.

• 3 weeks later...

I just started cuttting down on Kratom use and trying to use gabapentin.  I am having intense depression and it comes on really intense.  I am depressed to begin with but this is different.  I haven't really though about it but it seems to made things worse and I am only taking 300-600 mg a day.  I also cut down my kratom use by 66% too so that could be it.  Anyone get depression from gabapentin?

Yes, hardcore depression.

But for that little a dosage, for that short of time frame, no chance.

• 2 weeks later...
I take up to 4000mg/day and I'm incredibly depressed. Am also taking Effexor XR 600mg/day. Am also taking 30mg/day Lortab due to a knee injury. So including Benzos, there are several heavy addictions good on. If I try to cut back on Gabapentin, I get so depressed I couldn't possibly survive. I tried getting off Effexor and I just lost it. If I run short on the Lortab, that's tough too. Gabapentin wasn't addictive at first, at a low dosage but that was a long time ago and now I'm barely getting from one day to the next. I never thought I was tough or anything but I must be something to do this every day. Has been over 5 years off the Benzos and I don't even know how much that's a factor but I'm dumb as a tree stump and that's the Benzos.