Post One Positive Thing Support Group

[...]

To everyone on this board- I challenge you to post one positive thing along with every post you make. Something you are grateful for, inspiring quote, link to a meditation you found helpful, tips that make you feel better, etc. just one, for every thread you start.

There is too much negativity and hopelessness on here. Positive thinking is powerful, we need to keep it in the forefront of our minds and this is a way to practice it. It is a good habit for everybody. I guarantee this board trying this would help a lot of people on here.

Positive- YouTube Jason Stephenson meditation videos, they are all great, try one!

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [...]

• [Re...]

• [Ma...]

• [bl...]

Great idea!

I will post on here, this week I had a job apply and went to the swimmimg pool to do some exercise despite the raw condition and physical torture. Distraction is the key!!

My body felt so much better in the swimming pool!

To everyone on this board- I challenge you to post one positive thing along with every post you make. Something you are grateful for, inspiring quote, link to a meditation you found helpful, tips that make you feel better, etc. just one, for every thread you start.

There is too much negativity and hopelessness on here. Positive thinking is powerful, we need to keep it in the forefront of our minds and this is a way to practice it. It is a good habit for everybody. I guarantee this board trying this would help a lot of people on here.

Positive- YouTube Jason Stephenson meditation videos, they are all great, try one!

I think this is great idea too. This morning I woke up after being in a pretty bad window the past week,  feeling the best I’ve felt throughout this entire process. Even if it’s only for a couple hours or the duration of today it’s a sign that healing is definitely happening.  I’m only in month 5 but compared to everything that had been going on in the past 2 year’s for me I’m incredibly grateful for this. It only seems to get better as time goes on. For those that r struggling, all we can do is take it day by day. As time goes on instead of thinking when is this going to end I now think about what I have been going through & that by making it through this there’s nothing I can’t handle in the future. Hopefully this can help anyone who’s struggling out. Let’s definitely try & keep things as positive as possible.

Thought I'd jump in on this thread since this is a great idea.  I, along with many others, have been going through this horrific journey together with the hope of one day feeling much, much better.  Of course, there are times when we are experiencing symptoms and want to get the thoughts of other who may have experienced the same thing and also look for advice.  With that said, even though I've been going through some terrible withdrawal symptoms (mostly physical) I have to look a the end goal of getting better one day.  So this week my wife and I joined a wellness center with the hope of improving our physical well being.  Even today, I had the energy to run the vacuum in the house.  So we must all struggle on and find what works best for us.  :smitten: :smitten:

I wish there was something i could be positive about. Still very sick so im happy to be alive. At least theres a chance I'll recover one day. Despite it seeming impossibly far away. And unlikely. I guess I'll be more positive when theres something more positive to report.

The past few months have probably been the hardest, most horrific of my life. But I do believe that ultimately God can use these struggles to make us better, more compassionate people. I'll tell you ... I have a whole new empathy for people who have health issues (a health issue triggered extreme anxiety, which is why I took the Ativan in the first place ... big mistake! Traded one problem for another). I find myself sincerely caring about and praying for others who are struggling. Bc I'm really struggling now and I know how hard it is!

Another plus side is that I'm so much closer to my family ... my mother (whom I normally don't get along with all that well) is staying with me because I've been so sick. I'm SO grateful for this bc I don't know what I would have done without her! I'm giving her hugs and telling her daily how much I love her. I speak to my father every day on the phone and we all pray together for my healing and restoration. For this, I'm very grateful and this is what is helping me cope.

I am grateful my nephew drove 6 hours to come take me to dinner. This was the first time I have been out at night in a year.

That is amazing Preachergirl, I’m sure that was an amazing experience that made you feel very loved!

The past few months have probably been the hardest, most horrific of my life. But I do believe that ultimately God can use these struggles to make us better, more compassionate people. I'll tell you ... I have a whole new empathy for people who have health issues (a health issue triggered extreme anxiety, which is why I took the Ativan in the first place ... big mistake! Traded one problem for another). I find myself sincerely caring about and praying for others who are struggling. Bc I'm really struggling now and I know how hard it is!

Another plus side is that I'm so much closer to my family ... my mother (whom I normally don't get along with all that well) is staying with me because I've been so sick. I'm SO grateful for this bc I don't know what I would have done without her! I'm giving her hugs and telling her daily how much I love her. I speak to my father every day on the phone and we all pray together for my healing and restoration. For this, I'm very grateful and this is what is helping me cope.

I am a heath care professional, I completely understand the increased empathy for people with health issues gained through this! There’s no experience like experience...

So glad you have a loved one to be with you through what will probably be the most trying time of your life. My wife is my rock and has literally kept me alive through this, if not completely sane.  :idiot:

[b1...]

I am grateful my nephew drove 6 hours to come take me to dinner. This was the first time I have been out at night in a year.

That is amazing Preachergirl, I’m sure that was an amazing experience that made you feel very loved!

Amazing!  :smitten:

I was talking a longer walk with my dog today. Jelly legs DR and feeling just odd but I did it and it feels great! I need to push myself more. My goal is to go to Swedish House Mafia consert at Globen in Stockholm,  Sweden in may this year! :smitten:

But I am Swedish so it is just a 2 hour trip to Stockholm for me :smitten

I was talking a longer walk with my dog today. Jelly legs DR and feeling just odd but I did it and it feels great! I need to push myself more. My goal is to go to Swedish House Mafia consert at Globen in Stockholm,  Sweden in may this year! :smitten:

That would be awesome shaman!

[b1...]

That would be awesome shaman!

👍👏

Today I’m grateful it was sunny and we got some snow, I was able to walk my son to the park and we had a good time.

I got some noise-reducing concert ear plugs that have helped a lot with large loud places.

Today I’m grateful it was sunny and we got some snow, I was able to walk my son to the park and we had a good time.

I got some noise-reducing concert ear plugs that have helped a lot with large loud places.

That’s great that you were able to get out with your son and enjoy the day!! I’ve been looking for some good ear plugs for the same purpose. Can you please share which ones you are using?

My brother is sending me a pair of mouse cancelling headphones :)

That’s great that you were able to get out with your son and enjoy the day!! I’ve been looking for some good ear plugs for the same purpose. Can you please share which ones you are using?

Yea, I got the “eargasm, high fidelity earplugs” on amazon. I like them, you can still hear some things just a lot quieter, and cuts down on the droning background noise of busy places that seems to bother me a lot now. It’s like my brain can’t tune it out.

[b1...]
I am happy that I every night around 9 pm get a nice window that last until I fall a sleep around 11 pm and I do sleep good. Around 10 hours every night my brutal wave is over I hope  :smitten:

I am happy that I every night around 9 pm get a nice window that last until I fall a sleep around 11 pm and I do sleep good. Around 10 hours every night my brutal wave is over I hope  :smitten:

10 hours of sleep is awesome! Good sleep with definitely help your body heal

[b1...]
I am happy today that my mental numbness of emotions is gone and now back to normal and that I can feel love again, and cry happy tears thru laughter !  :smitten:

I am grateful that for the past couple of nights,  i’ve been able to fall asleep easily without any sort of sleep aid.  I did wake up a couple of times,  but managed to get a good 5 to 6 hours of sleep.  I’ll take it!  I think this is good progress because when I first stopped the benzo,  I went 2 straight weeks without any sleep at all .... we ARE healing!

I am grateful that for the past couple of nights,  i’ve been able to fall asleep easily without any sort of sleep aid.  I did wake up a couple of times,  but managed to get a good 5 to 6 hours of sleep.  I’ll take it!  I think this is good progress because when I first stopped the benzo,  I went 2 straight weeks without any sleep at all .... we ARE healing!

Great news Restoration123!! So happy for you!! I know someday we will all make that turn.

Just curios..looking at your signature I couldn’t see when you got off Benzos...was it recent?

Take care...