Sweating & red palms, anyone?

[Sp...]

I have had seriously sweating palms for three days, a new symptom for me, anyone else have this symptom and sometimes my palms get very red with this.

I had these two symptoms return only last week Spazzie.  Very sweaty, red, palms.  Lasted only a couple of days. I hope the same for you.  It's disturbing to see palms so red. 

I had it in the very beginning, and thought it had gone, but no such luck.

Oh yea I’ve had sweaty palms for months now.. evenings seem to be better. Very annoying and frustrating though I hope it goes away eventually.

I’ve had brow sweat-like hourly- nighttime body sweat for 4+ MONTHS! Propranolol, a beta blocker just WORKED!! And helps me breathe, especially in the toxic mornings.

You msg want to speak with your dr. 🙏

Thank you, deadwoodgone, Paulie89 and Mary1, reassuring to know I am not alone, and it lasted for 3 days and seems much better today, and yes gone in the afternoon but I also have night sweats, wake up in the early morning soaked with my hair dripping.  I was taking a beta blocker Metoprolol and was doing much better on it, my doctor switched me to Losartan and that seems to be causing diarrhea, even Tylenol doesn't agree with me after a setback from Covid late October.  Thank you all for your responses and much Good Luck with this ongoing battle.  XXOO  Spazzie

No, you're not alone Spazzie.  : :thumbsup:  Not good looking at beetroot coloured palms.  WTF  :)

I'm taking Metoprolol, and I think it's contributing to this misery. HELL!

I've hallucinated on it twice.  Once saw a mouse on the curtain rail, and another time a psychedelic circular shape that moved across the wall.  Think it increases my anxiety too.  Feelings of panic.  And it's effecting my memory.  Hair loss, too.  I want to get off it, but you can't just stop it cold, it needs to be tapered. I'm seeing him again on Thursday. I feel like I'm poisoning myself each time I take it. 

These are all relatively rare side effects of metoprolol and my doctor, looks at me blankly.  My blood pressure is all over the shop, and every bp med I take produces side effects. I know he thinks me hypochondriacal. He has the worst bedside manner ever.  Data man.

I'm going to ask him about Propranolol, Mary.  Thanks. 

I feel like an idiot, because said I'd turned a corner, but everything has returned, and I am devastated.

I'm going to have a shower now, and walk down to the shops.  Get out look at something other than these 4 excruciating walls.

This is the first time I've ever really opened up here in all these 4 effing years.  Always felt like a whinger.  A lot of denial, too.  Downplayed a lot of stuff because didn't want it to be real.  :'(. But I realise I need the support.  I feel broken. 

Thank you all for being there.  This is hell reinvented.  Started crying after making this first really honest post, and it helped.  Thank you.

CAN.THIS.BE.REAL! 

deadwoodgone, Everyone reacts differently to drugs and food supplements  you just have to test the waters.  I have a doctor who says Benzo Withdrawal is all in my mind she says BW last only 2 weeks after discontinuing Benzos...she is so full of shit.  Do you know if balance problems are a BW problem?  Thank you so much for your input...wishing you all of the best and a quick healing.  Hugs, Spazzie

Thanks, Spazzie.  Most of them are full of shit if you ask me.  Much easier for them to blame the victim, and leave us out in the cold. 

Yes, balance problems can be part of it Spazzie.  It was for me. 

What a crock of shit this is.  :crazy:

Hugs to you too Spazzie.  We need every one we can get.  Comfort in this cruelty. 

Hang in there, Deadwoodgone, my bp hangs at over 200 for the top line and around 90 for the bottom and, yes, like you, I don't tolerate most bp meds, and when in the hospital I was taking at least 8 by IV and my blood pressure didn't budge.  They are overly worried about it as I have developed kidney stones, large ones, and have to be operated on to take them out, also very painful.  I am a mess, and like you, was downplaying everything, hoping it would just go away.  Sending you hugs & prayers.  Spazzie (which was the name of one of my cats.)

I have had seriously sweating palms for three days, a new symptom for me, anyone else have this symptom and sometimes my palms get very red with this.

Hey so I picked up a product today called “Carpe” it is anti-perspirant hand lotion and I actually think it’s helping a little bit for the sweaty palms. Figured I’d mention it.

Oh Spazzie, my bp in same range 200+ top number.  Always been too afraid to even write that number here, it's so freaky.  It drops back when I'm lying in some hospital bed, but only to 160+.

I sigh when I hear people freaking out about bp 140. 

I can tell the cardiologist is getting pissed off with me because can't seem to tolerate any bp meds.  Sorry doc if I don't fit the picture!  And now even the Metoprolol is causing me problems.  Memory loss the most concerning.  It's definitely effecting me cognitively.  I don't really care if my hair falls out anymore.  Vanity has left the building. 

Thanks for responding Spazzie.  Now all I've got to do is muster the courage to tell cardiologist he doesn't know what he's talking about.  At least in my case.  He's only taken my bp once!  Doesn't even have a single brochure in the waiting room about diet or lifestyle.  Just a few copies of a magazine called 'DOCTOR' with advertising in it!  :o

I know me/people need to bring their bp down when high, I'm not anti med, but whatever he's doing for me is not working. 

Are you taking anything for your bp Spazzie? 

Thanks Spazzie.  Be well.  :smitten:

Thank you Paulie89 for your recommendation, I will have to try it (Carpe.)  deadwoodgone, I was switched to 25 mgs. of Losartan from Metoprolol and with it I take 25 mgs of Hydrochlorathiazide HCT, nothing seems to work.  I am happy to know that someone else suffers from their bp being that high, my doctor acts like I'm the only one.  Hugs and healing to you.  Spazzie

Thanks Spazzie. 

I had adverse reaction to Hydrochlorothiazide and don't know if I've been on Losartan, I've tried so many.  I have a dresser draw full of unfinished bp meds.  I'm seeing the doctor on Thursday and will discuss.  Really want to get bp down, with things made worse when doctor doesnt believe me anymore. 

I've been to hospital twice with bp in that very high range and last time asked nurse if she saw these numbers often.  She said, yes, all the time.  Doesn't help matters to know this, but we are not the only ones. Doesn't help at all really.  I suppose she would see these numbers often because she's a triage nurse in a hospital, where people are sick.

Thanks again Spazzie.  I'll ask the doctor about Losartan on Thursday. 

Morning here with anxiety raging.  It should settle as the day progresses.  I hope. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi Spazzie

I have exactly these symptoms. Sweating hands and feet seems to have subsided, but dizziness is with me most of the day.

Bw

Brian