Will I?

[Al...]

Will I ever be able to sit and just watch tv again? one reason my abuse worsened was because I could not sit still in a chair anymore from the drugs causing anxiety, so alcohol and benzos were a way to do that. I was big into gaming and anime, but I ruined both. I get now that it was my body telling me I wasn't living a healthy lifestyle but dam I miss being able to just sit and not twitch my legs or move from anxiety. I know that it is benzo and alcohol related because I haven't gone more than a day in 4 years without one in some form. As I shed my addictions one by one, first being alcohol, then nicotine, and last but not least Ativan I can't help but wonder how much this anxiety has affected me and how good it will be again. I miss the calm that i naturally had growing up. i can't stand that anytime i sit in a chair i wind up upside down because i no longer can just sit still. I miss watching the tv and just drifting off. I feel i was robbed of the ability to just go with the flow. i feel that people who make it through benzo withdrawal will never be panicked again. because you will always be grateful that you're not where you were. almost like a high on life. Looking back on the years i remember being so thankful for little slots of time where i was just calm and didn't have a substance to blame it on. I know it will be glorious and i know that I'm hopefully within a year's time of being on top of the world again. 2020 was when i saw how addicted i was my doc pulled me from 6 mg to 1 mg and began the taper. looking back i tried to cold turkey and i wasn't benzo wise at the time so i thought that my Paxil taper was causing the issues but i know see that it was the drop in Ativan.

I see sadness in your post but hope as well and I’m glad there is still a glimmer.  I can tell you I’m still grateful I can sit on my couch and simply watch TV in peace, you’ll be able to again when you recover.

• 1 month later...

You can and you will. Pamster and so many others that have made it on the other side of this give me hope every time I read their posts. Although it breaks my heart to read what you're going through, you ware going THROUGH it... so you will get through it.

Warmest thoughts