Used the titration plan

[J ...]

I tapered from 4mg (taken at night for sleep) over 11 months. I started out cutting taps which was good until I hit a point where w/d symptoms hit me. That occurred around 2mg. I held here for a couple of weeks to regroup and make a plan. Found the liquid titration here on BB.

I was taking 2-2mg tablets. Like I said I used pill cutter to where I was down to one about 1mg. If I was doing it again I would have used the liquid titration method the whole way. You are so right to go slow but its not necessary to go tooo slow, you will figure out where that point is.

I went back to the dr. that prescribed this poison to me and got my script to 0.5mg tab. Here is how I did the titration but you will need some tools.

1. pill crusher (any drugstore)

2. a glass measured beaker (20ml  from Amazon)

3. needless syringe (20ml from Amazon)

4. small container with sealed lid (Tupperware)

How to:

a. crush pill finely

b. dumb into Tupperware container

c. measure 20mL of milk (I used whole milk as suggested to me)

d. pour milk into Tupperware, secure with lid, shake well

This part may seem confusing but it is easy, really. (this is my example, you can sub a xx ml measure/syringe for my 20ml)

1: I had a 20ml mixture of 0.5mg clonazepam/milk or 0.5/20 = 0.025 mg/ml. Just divide the pill size by the milliliters of milk.

2: Decide how fast you want to taper. In this example I did 1 ml every 5 days. You don't get that drop every 2 weeks. its a steady taper.

3: I would drop 1ml every 5 days for (5 * 0.025 =0.125 mg) Use syringe to pull out 20ml of mixture. (you have your full dose in milk now)

4: Push 1ml out of syringe into trash (never down the sink). You have 19ml left in syringe. This is your dose to take, squirt into mouth.

5: clean up

It is very easy really, once you do it a couple of times its very easy. You will adjust based on your circumstances.

You could use 20ml beaker and syringe for 2mg of clonazepam, three times a day

- crush 2mg of pills

- measure milk in 20ml beaker

- mix in container, shake well

- your now have 2mg/20ml OR 0.1mg/ 1 mL

- fill syringe to full 20mg

- squirt out 1ml into trash leaving you with 19mL (you just tapered by 0.1mg)

- next day do 18 mL, etc. Write down you steps as you may forget

- empty the remaining 19ml into mouth with the syringe

sounds more difficult than it is but you will get the hang of it......I am sure you will have other methods but this worked great for me, my jump was totally uneventful. And after about a 6 weeks I was feeling better and now I am out 5 1/2 months and pretty good. I am figuring out what causes me not to sleep. If I sleep I am great the next day. It was beers and sodas for me.

A slow taper is best...but there are other considerations as well

Stone

It is very easy really, once you do it a couple of times its very easy. You will adjust based on your circumstances.

sounds more difficult than it is but you will get the hang of it.....

A slow taper is best..

Stone

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for sharing your experience. I'm also using milk, tapering from Klonopin.

Why do you say to toss the unused portion in the garbage and not the sink? Is it poisonous to pour it down the sink?

Thanks again.

Never put any medication down the sink.

Fresh water treatment can not remove the compounds and thus it stays in fresh water distributed to homes etc...same with antibiotics etc...

What med were you taking? Did you divide your doses throughout the day? I take 1 mg of clonazapam per day in divided doses. Would I put the whole 1 mg dose in milk then take out how much 3 times a day? To stabilize on this first, would I wait 2 wks before tapering? When I do a slow taper how much would I do and take each day?

I was taking clonazepam 4 mg but tapered from 0.5mg. I only did my does at night no divided doses. If it were me I would add up my doses for the day convert that dose to the mL per the calcutlions..keep a log! I taperd by 0.2mL per day starting at 20ml. 0.2 is one graduation on the 20 mL syringe.

When to start can only be answered by you. Pick a date, do your calls, get your equipment, prep and take the plunge. You will adjust as you figure things out. I did.

PM me if I can help. /When I get a PM I get an email alert.

J

When to start can only be answered by you. Pick a date, do your calls, get your equipment, prep and take the plunge. You will adjust as you figure things out. I did.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

I tapered from 4mg (taken at night for sleep) over 11 months.

This part may seem confusing but it is easy, really. (this is my example, you can sub a xx ml measure/syringe for my 20ml)

1: I had a 20ml mixture of 0.5mg clonazepam/milk or 0.5/20 = 0.025 mg/ml. Just divide the pill size by the milliliters of milk.

2: Decide how fast you want to taper. In this example I did 1 ml every 5 days. You don't get that drop every 2 weeks. its a steady taper.

3: I would drop 1ml every 5 days for (5 * 0.025 =0.125 mg) Use syringe to pull out 20ml of mixture. (you have your full dose in milk now)

4: Push 1ml out of syringe into trash (never down the sink). You have 19ml left in syringe. This is your dose to take, squirt into mouth.

5: clean up

I'm still not understanding... and I want to understand!

What was the total dose per day with this 0.5mg in 20ml of liquid plan?

What did you do after the first 5 days? Did the taper plan go faster in percentage terms?

Sorry if this is dumb and thank you

ok lets say for simplicity you are taking 1mG. you want to covert this to mL.

Start with a 20ml beaker

using your pill crusher, crush the 1mG pill

place into a container

measure 20 mL of milk

dump 20 mL of milk into same container with crushed pill

shake very well.

Now you have 1mG/20mL. do the division and you get 1/20 = 0.05 mG/mL

Now you can use your syringe, pull 20 ml into syringe. dump 1ml into trash.

you just went down 0.05mG

now you are taking 1mG - 0.05mG = 0.95mG

write down the steps and then substitute your numbers in....I wish I could send an excel spreadsheet....

hope this helps

J