Pelvic pain, burning VJ/ prostate, urinary type problems support group

[ol...]

Thank you all so much for encouragement.  I was in bed all day yesterday and didn't drink much water etc.  I do feel some better today but not normal.  I also still have diarrhea, tongue burning but so far no burning down there.  Urine output is very little but still going.  Corsair, I can't comment so much on the pelvis as all my pain is in lower back, hip buttock and down leg.  Taking meds for that also and the pain meds do help the burning etc.  All the other sx's seem benzo related but I'm so new I can't really say.  I'm so grateful for this topic.  It might be embarrassing but its a place we can come to discuss it and comfort one another.  I tried the ice bag between my legs.  It hurt but might have helped a little.  I wish a good day for everyone.  I am going back to bed and rest some more.  Have no appetite either so hope if this is a wave that I settle down soon.  I have to go to Dr. to ask him about the liquid V but I'm scared to change anything right now.  I'll probably wait another few weeks since this wave was really a doozy.

As I am very educated about the pelvis it could be the pelvis too. Your pelvis has 3 joints. One in the middle, the symphysis, two that you can feel in your lower back (right and left, it's actually very high up so this could be your pelvis instead of lower back but it's all the same in the end for me) Those two are called the SI joints. You buttocks has many, ,many muscles that keep your pelvis together, and if your piriformis muscle is irritated it can cause sciatica pain in the leg.

I'm hoping every day it's withdrawal. At the same time I'm scared that all the PT I'm doing is hurting it. Well worrying is a part of withdrawal too.

Hi everyone  :thumbsup: for the last 3 day's around my clitoris area feel's raw but doesn't look like it feel's raw that is  :sick: Its mainly the right side, and I can't wipe that are as it feels like I'm touching a raw nerve.

I have also had a frequent urination problem for ages but now know its the benzos , and I believe its my adrenals are also hurting like hell more so if I lay on my back but this comes and goes, and has done so for a while. But I'm wondering about the raw clitoris problem that seems to have come from nowhere, I did have a slight itch on the day the raw pain kicked in but nothing major.

Love Nova xxx  :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

No a,

You might want to ask Clona21 about to this, see if there is any similarity to a condition she had. This sounds....ugh.

Bennie

Thanks to all who are posting. Hopefully we can learn what works for temporary relief. I can't tell you the arguments I've had with my husband with me accusing him of cheating because how else would I have so much pain and burning if he hadn't "given me something". Well he didn't, and now I feel awful. Almost ended our marriage more than once. This certainly s*cks. Is there ever an end to all the ridiculous symptoms these things cause? But don't ask a Dr. because they will say these drugs don't cause that and just stop taking it if you think it does.  ::)

I sure hope this goes away soon.  When I go it doesn't burn, its afterwards that it burns and hurts.  Stream is weaker but not too bad today b ut the burning after came back a few hrs. ago.  Its just so discouraging that there is nothing that can  be done for these symptoms.  Wow, thats terrible for your husband that you were so bad with the burning you thought you had an STD or something.  Glad he hung in there.  Yeah, and you are so right, Drs. just don't get it.  Mine is very understanding and will go along with almost anything but who knows what he really thinks, hes just a GP.  I"m just thankful he will prescibe the Valium.  Hope this goes away again, I need a break and hope everyone feels better.  The ice didn't really help much, it was too painful to leave it on my crotch for more than a few minutes.  Any other hints or tips please share. 

Free me, use a light towel to buffer the ice pack, if you don't already...

Accupuncture? I didn't try it for this.

Honestly, if it weren't for mindfulness practice and meditation, I'd have been screwed with a runaway train of catastrophic or negative thoughts.

I sure hope this goes away soon.  When I go it doesn't burn, its afterwards that it burns and hurts.  Stream is weaker but not too bad today b ut the burning after came back a few hrs. ago.  Its just so discouraging that there is nothing that can  be done for these symptoms.  Wow, thats terrible for your husband that you were so bad with the burning you thought you had an STD or something.  Glad he hung in there.  Yeah, and you are so right, Drs. just don't get it.  Mine is very understanding and will go along with almost anything but who knows what he really thinks, hes just a GP.  I"m just thankful he will prescibe the Valium.  Hope this goes away again, I need a break and hope everyone feels better.  The ice didn't really help much, it was too painful to leave it on my crotch for more than a few minutes.  Any other hints or tips please share.

Mine hurts worse after I go as well. Both the burning and the lower pelvic bladder type pain.

Dear Buddies,

This is just incredible.  :thumbsup: I am amazed by this thread because I have had urinary problems for weeks now and it is getting worse to the point of embarrassing.  :tickedoff: My bladder has weakened and while I see most of my problems as benzo related,  I assumed this was my age (57)  and menopause and I was even worried that it could be cancer or something serious in the last few days because the burning in my vagina has been constant and pelvic pain and back pain every morning. It gets better by evening time and disappears even for a day or two. However, it has become so bad and leaking urine after peeing (wetting myself) on and off is too much for me.  I am wearing sanitary towels all of the time now as the leakage is not much but when I am out, it is upsetting. ! I planned to go to the doctor as soon as I get home to Ireland. I am in our home in Germany at present as MIL is visiting. This is the first day I have time to be online. I planned to do my blog and then update my progress log and then google my leaking urine and burning vagina/pelvic pain problems to get more information. I read on Gardeners blog about a gratitude thread and decided to post something as I am feeling very grateful for how well I am right now (besides my pelvic problems). I was looking at the various threads before going offline and found You. :thumbsup: I am in shock but delighted at the same time. I know leakage of urine is common at my age but the burning vagina pain and pelvic aches had me fearing the worst.

For two days, I have had no leakage and no pain interestingly. I guess all of this is benzo related. I firmly believe I was brought to this thread by design today. You have idea how relieved I feel after reading this information.  I was on Ativan but came off it years ago and have been on 30 mg Valium for a long time since. My benzo use has been 38 years. I feel better mentally than ever before - no depression, no agoraphobia but I have had a lot of sickness symptoms, tummy/benzo flu etc.  The pelvic stuff started about 6 months ago but was very sporadic. It is a few times a week now but if it is benzo related, then I can accept it and keep moving on.

Thank you buddies for this information. :thumbsup: Does anyone else experience leakage of urine episodes? This could be age related or benzo related. Whatever the case, my pelvic floor muscles seem to be upset. I will continue to do the exercises I found online and I am grateful to think that the burning and the pains are possibly benzos. So very grateful and relieved today. Thanks :smitten:

Love Moya XXX

Dear Buddies,

This is just incredible.  :thumbsup: I am amazed by this thread because I have had urinary problems for weeks now and it is getting worse to the point of embarrassing.  :tickedoff: My bladder has weakened and while I see most of my problems as benzo related,  I assumed this was my age (57)  and menopause and I was even worried that it could be cancer or something serious in the last few days because the burning in my vagina has been constant and pelvic pain and back pain every morning. It gets better by evening time and disappears even for a day or two. However, it has become so bad and leaking urine after peeing (wetting myself) on and off is too much for me.  I am wearing sanitary towels all of the time now as the leakage is not much but when I am out, it is upsetting. ! I planned to go to the doctor as soon as I get home to Ireland. I am in our home in Germany at present as MIL is visiting. This is the first day I have time to be online. I planned to do my blog and then update my progress log and then google my leaking urine and burning vagina/pelvic pain problems to get more information. I read on Gardeners blog about a gratitude thread and decided to post something as I am feeling very grateful for how well I am right now (besides my pelvic problems). I was looking at the various threads before going offline and found You. :thumbsup: I am in shock but delighted at the same time. I know leakage of urine is common at my age but the burning vagina pain and pelvic aches had me fearing the worst.

For two days, I have had no leakage and no pain interestingly. I guess all of this is benzo related. I firmly believe I was brought to this thread by design today. You have idea how relieved I feel after reading this information.  I was on Ativan but came off it years ago and have been on 30 mg Valium for a long time since. My benzo use has been 38 years. I feel better mentally than ever before - no depression, no agoraphobia but I have had a lot of sickness symptoms, tummy/benzo flu etc.  The pelvic stuff started about 6 months ago but was very sporadic. It is a few times a week now but if it is benzo related, then I can accept it and keep moving on.

Thank you buddies for this information. :thumbsup:Does anyone else experience leakage of urine episodes? This could be age related or benzo related. Whatever the case, my pelvic floor muscles seem to be upset. I will continue to do the exercises I found online and I am grateful to think that the burning and the pains are possibly benzos. So very grateful and relieved today. Thanks :smitten:

Love Moya XXX

Hi Moya  :thumbsup: yep!! I'm 57 post menopausal and get the leakage and weeing with no warning too, but its definatley Benzo WD  and a really common sxs among males and females  ::) Right now I'm doing the 'Piss Olympics'' spending every few minutes or less weeing!!, Thank you NOT Benzos!!  :tickedoff: :tickedoff: :tickedoff:

Love Nova XXX  :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

Dear Nova and Oldgreymare,

Thank you for your comments. I will join the Olympic team for peeing. I think that together, we could win a gold medal :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

I need to go to the toilet again just talking about it. I had a pot of tea this morning while online. I will start keeping a diary of urination and problems and see how it goes over the next while.

So glad to believe this is benzo related too. Oh wow, what a journey off medication this has been!!!!! What a learning curve, just amazing LOL.

I am on 7.5 mg Valium from today, my most recent cut and on one AD at night which I will taper from at the end of the Valium road.

Be well buddies and thank you so very much. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Love Moya XXX

I keep a calendar in my bedroom just for my own use. I write down any symptoms, meds etc. as they happen  because I can't remember it all and I can see if things are going in cycles or just randomly appearing. It's been helpful.

I am 62 and long past menopause.  I have no real leakage issues, maybe just a teeny bit but had this pre benzos.  I always wear a small pad just in case.  Don't want to jinx myself but the burning V has let up but not the nausea, diarrhea and just feeling sick.  I also had a burning numbing feeling in my arms,chest and neck when I woke up but that has also gone.  I have no appetite.  I hope all this down there stuff lets up.  I don't know how you have the courage to cut while all that is going on.  I just cut 1.25 mg. 3 weeks ago and it is hitting me hard since Sat. night.  Anyway, I'm so glad for this thread also, it eases my mind but think I might have to go to the Dr. if this diarrhea etc. doesn't let up.  Hope everyone has a tolerable day.

[b6...]

It's all withdrawal. These pelvic sx were my number one issue with Ativan. It was horrible every day. I have them again with the antibiotic setback. It's nerves and muscles. There are trigger points you can massage externally and internally to relieve the pressure and burning. I attended this clinic in Calif in 2006 when I was still on Ativan. www.pelvicpainhelp.com

But, it's the drugs that cause dysfunction. Burning and pain after urination or bowel movements is what happens. The muscles over contract. Leaking pee is the nerves being overstimulated or muscle contractions, as is the clitoral pain. The pudendal nerves are often involved. They refer pain into the rectum, butt cheeks, vulva, urethra, bladder, hips, thighs, and entire pelvic region. Look up piriformis syndrome trigger point release, too. Trigger points in the thighs and hips can tighten and keep tension in the crotch. Psoas muscles refer pain, too. Sometimes, getting inside is the only way to find the tight knots. You can massage them, but it's really just the drugs and withdrawal. Laying around makes it worse. It's a vexing problem, but goes away. We think we have infections or diseases we don't have. It's not menopausal, it's the drugs. Walking may help. Pelvic exercises may help. Hot baths help. There are good books about this, as well.

Denise

It's all withdrawal. These pelvic sx were my number one issue with Ativan. It was horrible every day. I have them again with the antibiotic setback. It's nerves and muscles. There are trigger points you can massage externally and internally to relieve the pressure and burning. I attended this clinic in Calif in 2006 when I was still on Ativan. www.pelvicpainhelp.com

But, it's the drugs that cause dysfunction. Burning and pain after urination or bowel movements is what happens. The muscles over contract. Leaking pee is the nerves being overstimulated or muscle contractions, as is the clitoral pain. The pudendal nerves are often involved. They refer pain into the rectum, butt cheeks, vulva, urethra, bladder, hips, thighs, and entire pelvic region. Look up piriformis syndrome trigger point release, too. Trigger points in the thighs and hips can tighten and keep tension in the crotch. Psoas muscles refer pain, too. Sometimes, getting inside is the only way to find the tight knots. You can massage them, but it's really just the drugs and withdrawal. Laying around makes it worse. It's a vexing problem, but goes away. We think we have infections or diseases we don't have. It's not menopausal, it's the drugs. Walking may help. Pelvic exercises may help. Hot baths help. There are good books about this, as well.

Denise

Can I ask you a question? Before I knew this was withdrawal, I got a treatment with an osteopath. And ever since my SI joint hurts! (it's a month ago now) Could he have done damage, or is this just the treatment in combo with withdrawal? My doctor does not think you can get damage that quickly. And they do not want to do a mri (because another one was clean so they think I'm crazy now I guess)

[b6...]
Look up trigger points for that. You can roll on a tennis ball and find painful areas ...usually the tight knots are next to or under the side of a bone. You'll know when you find them as it will be very painful. The area where the thigh meets the hips is crucial, too. Lay on your side and roll on ball. It will hurt, but if you can try that several times a day for a while your pain may subside. If it bruises that only means it was bruised underneath already. If a lump surfaces, it indicates you're pressing too hard. Getting an adjustment without releasing trigger points can really cause pain. Once the trigger points are massaged out an adjustment will hold longer.

Denise

Yep its!"£$%£"!@/?! Denise, all these sxs coz of stinking benzos??    :(  I get terrible rectum, anal  pain and spasms as well from it as well as having some not so  common sxs  but its definitely bizarre Benzo sxs.  :D There are definitely  way more sxs than already known about I'm sure going by some things that happened to me as well as the known or common ones.  :-\ And I'm really sorry that you got smashed backwards again after 5 year's and all your prior suffering??  l!! I hope you heal sooner rather than later my heart goes out to you  :hug:,

I spent year's getting made worse by more drugs followed by operations I never needed. But on wards and upwards, as its now a case of 'Never mind how and why it happened its what I do about it that matters now'', sometimes it helps to think that other times it doesn't but any help is gratefully received  ;D  I've tried Trigger point therapy and spent a fortune on alternative practitioners but 99.9% of it made pain and other sxs worse  :D :D :D Although some people find it helpful unfortunately I'm not one of them  ::)

Love Nova xxx  :smitten: :smitten:  :smitten:

By the way regarding my raw clitoris pain, one of the things Clona mentioned was Aloe vera being suggested to her, and I have an Aloe vera plant at home. So I applied Gel from the cut piece of leaf to my vagina and its really soothed my pain and the raw feeling I had,  I did try Organic  Coconut oil all day yesterday but it never gave me the relief the Aloe gel has. But put into a fat straw and shoved into the freezer than cut suppository size bits off and used the same way  works great for my hemorrhoids  and no hidden suspects in it  :thumbsup: I use it for at least a week when the hemorrhoids feel better to make sure.

Love Nova xxx  :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

Since I was on 16.25 mg. of V I didn't think the 1.25 mg. cut was alot.  Its not 10% maybe about 7 but obviously too much for me.  I'm now at 15 mg. from 20 mg.  Its taken me over 3 months to get to this amount.  I am doing cut and hold so I am going to ask for liquid V next visit and do pills and liquid microtaper and see if I do better. I did speak too soon.  I just had to go and naturally the burning and pain started up again.  Not quite as bad as Sat. and Sun but bad just the same.  I can't walk much, I"m mostly chairbound as I am awaiting a spinal fusion surgery.  My MRI is awful, I do have legitimate problems, its not just the benzos causing the pain.  Anything I do takes much effort, even a shower.  Bathing might be too much, I"m scared I won't be able to get up from the tub lol.  I had a horrible gut infection and was hospitalized in 2011 and they put me on this poison then. Dr. said oh, keep taking it,its good for your back also and its such a low dose.  Yeah right.  Anyway, live and learn, I will never take another pill without it being life or death or until I research it thoroughly.  I don't trust Drs. anymore if they are still giving out this poison. I have a girlfriend on xanax and I am trying to warn her but she doesn't want to hear it.  thinks i'm a nut. Says I only take it at night to sleep and not every night and sometimes in the day on a bad day DUH.  I pray for her and all of you.  We will get off this poison and will just help each other.  HOpe day gets better for us all.

[b6...]

Nova, I'm sorry that you've suffered this insanity, too. Glad you found something soothing. Rectal pain and vulva pain is horrific. It's a sensitive area and makes life miserable every day. It affects everything. I never had these issues before benzo anesthesia...then Ativan. Ugh. When muscles stay contracted for a long time there is a lack of blood flow. It creates an inhospitable environment in that area. Yeh, massage can aggravate the pain in some people, that's expected. For me, it's a charm. I don't understand why a small handful of benzoids get attacked in the crotch. It's so crippling since we can't stop urinating or having a bm. That sets off an all day crippling pain. My urethra burning left last week. It's back today. Yesterday my left butt cheek felt like a hot drilling into the bone and rectum. I rolled my left hip on a tennis ball...it went away. I wonder how many people get prescribed benzos after procedures where benzos are used as anesthesia. They're in withdrawal and get fed more benzos.

I had 50 sx return this time from Keflex. Stunned. But, I have about 6 now that remain and recently those are starting to slightly improve. Still horrible, but starting to have some hope. Today, left knee pain for no reason. Oh course it's on the left...everything is left sided. I was recovered for seven years and loving life. All of those sx went away at 21 months. Never again. No Rx for me. I'm done.

Hope you all recover soon, fellow pelvic pain peeps. One day it will be a distant memory, but stay vigilant...for life. You never want this again.

Denise :smitten:

Have had some pelvic pain during tolerance withdrawal but only sporadic since being off clonazepam.  Seems like the people taking Ativan have the worst of the pelvic pain issue.  I only took Ativan for a few weeks from ER visit many years ago.  Hope you guys can work on this problem to resolution.  Be well

Sweet pea

[b6...]

Freeme...so, so sorry. I hope your surgery fixes your pain. Sacrum can definitely cause these sx. The nerves are so interconnected. When I roll on a tennis ball in that area it's very tender and I have no back issues. You may get much relief! I'll add you to my prayers.

:smitten:

Yep...good ole Ativan. It's poison.

Well, I didn't develop this pain until this week.  I never had it while on the Ativan, I am now and have been on all Valium since March or April so who knows.  They are all poison.  Maybe since the V is longer acting its worse. Who knows.  Thanks for the prayers, much appreciated and will certainly keep you all in mine.  Right now I'm hanging by my fingernails and God and his goodness and prayer is the only thing keeping me going.  I have no one who understands what I'm going through, my family thinks I'm a hypochondriac but ever since that horrible infection that almost killed me it has been one thing after another and looking back probably all of it was caused by the ativan, other than the spine issues.  I had that previously.  Love this group.