Seroquel. What you may not know about it.

[va...]

I see people discuss seroquel and they may not know it now has a reputation. Linked to diabetes and pancreas problems which was covered up. People are just now starting to get paid out. Recent.

Lot's of controversy with seroquel. Docs shouldn't be giving it out.

It was proven they covered up that it is giving people diabetes and pancreas problems. They were indicted, read here: www.associatedcontent.com/article/6070900/is_seroquel_worth_side_effects_such.html?cat=5

Read this. Dated Aug 9/2010. They're starting to pay out because of the diabetes. Low settlements, averaging 11k up to 25k. But it's something. Another article that is more recent than and has now been removed from the web had Big Pharma's lawyers said, "They did well with low settlements."

Ruining peoples health and not having to pay out more dollars is the new "doing well.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2010-08-09/astrazeneca-to-pay-nearly-200-million-to-settle-17-500-seroquel-lawsuits.html

Here's what they paid a psychiatrist for testing it on people. 500k. Apparently knew the outcome.

http://www.infiniteunknown.net/2009/12/18/astrazeneca-paid-500000-to-psychiatrist-for-testing-seroquel-on-patients/

Fined 520,000,000.00 for off labeling as well and they're still in business. And doctors are still prescribing. NY times has more specifics. Here's a quote from the article. www.nytimes.com/2010/04/28/business/28drug.html

"AstraZeneca agreed to sign a corporate integrity agreement with the federal government over its marketing of Seroquel for unapproved uses, but will not face criminal charges, company and federal officials said."

Nice huh? Research everything.

I'm actually surprised to see the Times and Bloomberg cover this, but I'm happy to see it. Usually, you see this type of news buried in the back pages of the news papers.

I wish the MSM would cover this, but with all the big pharma commercials paying the networks. I doubt you will ever see anything covered on negative effects from these drugs.

I agree, question and research everything.

I know right? Business Week had a similar story date Feb.2011 about recent settlements in regards to the drug giving diabetes, but the link to the more recent article was dismantled not too long ago. Is that just error, or can the pharmeceutical companies have things taken down on the net?

So many people are still on it and doctors are still prescribing as no criminal charges pressed. At least we have access to learn here.

• 4 weeks later...
I see that despite the staggering dollar figures they had to pay out they are still selling this drug. Goes to show how powerful and lucrative the psychotropic Pharmaceutical business has become. Probably just a drop in the bucket compared to the futures in life long patients.