Catherine Zeta-Jones now bipolar II?

[te...]

I'm sorry but give me a break, she is now bipolar?  Since, when soes a woman who watches her husbA woman who has watched her  husband suffer with cancer and devestated by seeing him ill is now bipolar and mentally ill? I can not stand to see this, so I am pretty sure she was hospitalized to be pilled up and become a slave to the drugs and go insane. Give her a couple of years and she will be posting on this site. I bet the drug companies will lover her now and she will push their pill propoganda and agenda.

I know people suffer from emotional traumas, like her and everyone else. However, becuase we humans feel and hurt that makes us "mentally ill?", no what it makes is for good brain washing by the media and drug companies to pill us all.......rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr   

Bipolar 2? 3? 298.a?  lol  give me a break.  The DSM is designed to label every human emotion/activity as an illness it's a diagnostic tool billing manual for p-docs who have no clinical tests to charge for.

grieving is now a mental illness.  shame on you PAS.  shame. 

Beelzebub has a special hell put aside for those who poison based on the DSM

[e0...]

I do believe there are Mental Disorders, as I have one, BUT there are ways to cope without medications.

It's the point of finding that "Formula" that works to cope, IMO.

S#

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
amano, I believe you hit the nail on the head.  Big Pharma and shrinks- you will never fool me again.  I got your number now.  And there are alot of groups out there exposing this Psychiatric scam that I believe has brain washed our public and is bleeding Social Security, Medicaid, Medicare and our health care systems dry.  People can' t get depressed or even grieve anymore without some good intentioned person telling them they should go for 'help' because we are all brain washed.  Help should come from family, friends, clergy, etc.  There are some well intentioned psychologists out there, and a handful of psychiatrists that practice holistically, but they are few and far between.  Probably because Big Pharma contributes funds to the colleges and universities, and where money is involved there is bias.  This web is so far reaching its mind boggling.  It's out of control.  Makes my stomach turn.

Thanks Perseverance,

I would be more than willing to listen to their theories if

1: There was any reproducible scientific evidence demonstrating any mental "illnesses"

2: The function by which the drugs they freely prescribe work was know.

Until then all I can do is laugh at the whole farce of a bunch of charlatan "doctors" (mainly men) who have the power to INSTITUTIONALIZE imprison people and forcibly drug them, deciding on made up illnesses with no scientific background, rather a show of hands with a splash of nepotism and a smattering of backhanders from pharma to combine several everyday emotions into a diagnosis........if it wasn't so frightening it would be comical. 

Most people are unaware that the DSM was originally created for insurance billing codes.  The DXs in the DSM are suggested by psychiatrists at annual meetings.  The members do infact vote by "a show of hands" so to speak.  They collectively decide on new DXs, what symptoms to put under them for the DX, and then it is voted on.  To my knowledge it is not based on science.

You are absolutely right, it is so tied up with pharma now as to be indistinguishable.  I mean come on, making up new illnesses and billing codes just so a med can be rebranded, repackaged and prescribed UNDER PATENT for another 10 years.

Makes me sick to my stomach,  at the end of the day, it is society as a whole that is going to suffer.  1984 is already here and we didn't see it happening.

Anyone for some soylent green?

Wow, I am impressed.  You really did your homework.  I have found out the same information.  Yes they do re-market the same medications under different names and use the DSM as you stated.

Pharmaceutical companies are literally making billions of dollars, and even more so since they started "educating" (I say that with tongue in cheek) MDs/GPs, when they go for continuing education, on psychotropic drugs.  They pay Psychiatrists to be spokesmen at these events a pretty penny, so that now they have an even bigger pool of people with a prescription pad prescribing psychotropic drugs.

They sponsor "Mental Health Awareness" days at colleges and other public places to "educate" the public that if they have this or that mental 'symptom'  they might have this or that 'mental disorder.'  They are making credible psychology that really helps people work through problems discredible.

When I studied psychology in college, we learned when we studied personality disorders, that you would see alittle bit of this one or that one in each person you encounter.  It was only considered an illness if it severely interfered with a persons ability to have relationships or hold down a job, if it was truly disabling.  And we learned that long periods of grief or depression after certain life events was normal.  My how times have changed.  Keep that old school philosophy in mind the next time you see a commercial for an antidepressant on TV and you will see what I mean.

I think if a person is suicidal they should absolutely go, go, go to whomever you choose to get help.  Don't hesitate!  Same goes for homicidal tendencies and that sort of thing.  But What I think is out of control is that the public has been convinced that it is abnormal to have any sort of depression or sadness -oh boy - there must be something wrong!  You should get help!  Have we become a nation of wimps and whiners who can't handle life's ups and downs anymore?  Seems we look to a pill for any discomfort which is just a part of life.

i only looked to a pill when in desperate need or relief from panic that came out of no where... Im 4 1/2 months off now and very bad believing all tghat was was covered and more was unleashed and have to start honestly believing in mental illnesses...... d/r and panic was the main reason and now its d/r d/p anxiety etc etc etc..... So you guys are saying you dont believe in bi polar or saying they label too many with this?/

I think if you watched "The Marketing of the Madness" documentary you would have a better understanding of what we are talking about.  That documentary covers everything we have been discussing and more.  You can watch it at the website or order a free DVD at CCHR.org.  There are other documentaries out there covering this topic, but that one is my favorite.

Many other buddies have posted links to other good ones.  What is going on in the Psychiatric Industry today is not easily explained.  These types of documentaries break it all down into easily understandable terms.  I believe before you form an opinion you should get all the facts.

If you decide to watch the documentary on the website it is a little tricky.  You have to click on each individual chapter to view it in its entirety.  The chapters are located in little "windows" superimposed over the TV like screen to the right.

If you do watch it, or any of the other ones buddies have posted links to, I would be interested to hear what you think about it.

If you don't watch any of them I would definitely do my homework before taking a psychotropic medication.  There are many resources out there to educate yourself and it is best to make educated decisions when it comes to your health.

No Shan, I don't believe in "bi-polar" or a host of other made up mental "illnesses" used a prescribing guides.  There was a time not long ago when, PMS, grief, happiness , sadness etc were all just normal human emotions.  It seems now that pretty much anything that doesn't replicate the ideal image of life we have been getting rammed down our throats for the last 50 years by mass media, will be labeled an "illness".  It's sick, sick beyond belief.

Life has ups and downs, we are organic machines, things don't work "ideally" all the time, life isn't easy, it's hard and we have been given all the tools we need to deal with it for the most part.  People learn to live with bodies that don't work properly all the time, it should be the same for minds and nervous systems. Yes some things can be unpleasant, I'd rather not have DR/DP, but I don't need a pill with unknown effects, I'll just deal with it the best I can.

I went to a shrink when I first CT'd and they gave me a bunch of diagnosis and a pile of pills to correct my chemical imbalance.  I took them for two days then trashed the lot.  I went back a few months later when I was feeling much better and asked them to test me now so that if I got bad again they would see what was different.............they told me they had no such test and they prescribed the meds based on a concept, I asked them for the genetic test as they had told me it was genetic, again they had nothing.  I laughed in their faces, warned the waiting patients and left.

The psychiatric community are charlatans and shylock's they have no morals and will stop at nothing in their quest to create lifelong drone customers.  Customers not patients, there is never any mention of curing a mental "illness" just "managing" it (with expensive pills) for the most part.

Of course it is up to the individual whether they believe in psychiatry, God or the flying spaghetti monster tree. I won't be fooled by it.

Anything that is based on an unproven concept, whose diagnoses are appended with idiotic clauses such as "with conduct disorder" lol, is not worth the paper it's written on.

Let's not forget, if we go by the DSM, every single person on earth has a mental illness.

BiPolar II my glutus maximus!

My husband died a miserable death due to cancer, when I think about it I sometimes get uncontrollably sad,  my grief didn't end in the 2 month period prescribed in the DSM so I must be mental.

Nah, not buying it, psychiatrists can all go to hell.  

They're 21st century sorcerers and con men / women taking advantage of those who as of yet are less adept at dealing with life's curve balls and nothing else in my opinion.

There is a lot of truth to what you said amano.  I think people would be shocked at the answer they get if they were to ask their psychiatrist how many people they have cured.

No Shan, I don't believe in "bi-polar" or a host of other made up mental "illnesses" used a prescribing guides.  There was a time not long ago when, PMS, grief, happiness , sadness etc were all just normal human emotions.  It seems now that pretty much anything that doesn't replicate the ideal image of life we have been getting rammed down our throats for the last 50 years by mass media, will be labeled an "illness".  It's sick, sick beyond belief.

Life has ups and downs, we are organic machines, things don't work "ideally" all the time, life isn't easy, it's hard and we have been given all the tools we need to deal with it for the most part.  People learn to live with bodies that don't work properly all the time, it should be the same for minds and nervous systems. Yes some things can be unpleasant, I'd rather not have DR/DP, but I don't need a pill with unknown effects, I'll just deal with it the best I can.

I went to a shrink when I first CT'd and they gave me a bunch of diagnosis and a pile of pills to correct my chemical imbalance.  I took them for two days then trashed the lot.  I went back a few months later when I was feeling much better and asked them to test me now so that if I got bad again they would see what was different.............they told me they had no such test and they prescribed the meds based on a concept, I asked them for the genetic test as they had told me it was genetic, again they had nothing.  I laughed in their faces, warned the waiting patients and left.

The psychiatric community are charlatans and shylock's they have no morals and will stop at nothing in their quest to create lifelong drone customers.  Customers not patients, there is never any mention of curing a mental "illness" just "managing" it (with expensive pills) for the most part.

Of course it is up to the individual whether they believe in psychiatry, God or the flying spaghetti monster tree. I won't be fooled by it.

Anything that is based on an unproven concept, whose diagnoses are appended with idiotic clauses such as "with conduct disorder" lol, is not worth the paper it's written on.

Let's not forget, if we go by the DSM, every single person on earth has a mental illness.

My husband died a miserable death due to cancer, when I think about it I sometimes get uncontrollably sad,  my grief didn't end in the 2 month period prescribed in the DSM so I must be mental.

They're 21st century sorcerers and con men / women taking advantage of those who as of yet are less adept at dealing with life's curve balls and nothing else in my opinion.

I understand your opinion Amano and was misdiagnosed myself by doctors who said I had depression and unspecified anxiety disorder, when all I had wrong with me was benzos. All of those issues went away once off benzos. I was disappointed with my care to say the least. However, I have to disagree and say that I feel that there are some people out there who truly may have a disorder or illness that they need help with and it is up to them and their doctors to decide their course of treatment and make their own decisions. Not all doctors are bad and there are doctors out there that do help people. Please reference the below link for our forum rules:

http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?topic=13141.0

I understand your opinion Amano and was misdiagnosed myself by doctors who said I had depression and unspecified anxiety disorder, when all I had wrong with me was benzos. All of those issues went away once off benzos. I was disappointed with my care to say the least. However, I have to disagree and say that I feel that there are some people out there who truly may have a disorder or illness that they need help with and it is up to them and their doctors to decide their course of treatment and make their own decisions. Not all doctors are bad and there are doctors out there that do help people. Please reference the below link for our forum rules:

http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?topic=13141.0

Thanks I read the rules again.

I'm not even going to bother with this.

If people wish to believe, and put their health in, an unprovable concept and regimen of unpredictable unknown function medication, that is their prerogative,  I hope they get more information than the majority of doctors voluntarily give out.

It would be interesting to run a vote on here to see how many victims were actually made aware of the chance of any of the terrible things that have happened to them before they actually acquiesced to psycho pharmacology.

[e0...]

I believe there are Mental Illness's. They date back way before Freud. I was diagnosed with Schizophrenia at 12, 13 years old. This was way before Benzo's. When you feel so paranoid you can't do anything. Every sound, touch, and Hallucination and Delusion come into play, what is that? Most people think or say that Schizophrenics do not know they are, oh, but they very well do. I'm on a Schizophrenic forum with thousands of people who are suffering with it daily, and I'm happy mine is under control. I cannot stand the delusions and other horrific symptoms that stem off this disease. All I can do is sit and rock, looking at a piece of paper, thinking of what to write. It's a horrible disease to have, and it's being looked further into. NO I DO NOT LIKE BEING ON ANY MEDICINE AT ALL. If it were up to me, I would just throw it down. I tried several times, and I'm so paranoid, I cannot stand it. I don't have a lot of hallucinations, but I hear what sounds to be a shortwave radio, and think the Government is after me. Explain this? I certainly cannot, only to a point. Everything is amplified. My father has it as well, and I inherited it unfortunately. You think withdrawal is bad, SZ is much worse, especially when you do not remember anything once you do become aware. My grandmother has it, and it's ongoing. I can attest that Schizo is real, it's not made up.

I don't know how else to explain it.

I believe there are Mental Illness's. They date back way before Freud. I was diagnosed with Schizophrenia at 12, 13 years old. This was way before Benzo's. When you feel so paranoid you can't do anything. Every sound, touch, and Hallucination and Delusion come into play, what is that? Most people think or say that Schizophrenics do not know they are, oh, but they very well do. I'm on a Schizophrenic forum with thousands of people who are suffering with it daily, and I'm happy mine is under control. I cannot stand the delusions and other horrific symptoms that stem off this disease. All I can do is sit and rock, looking at a piece of paper, thinking of what to write. It's a horrible disease to have, and it's being looked further into. NO I DO NOT LIKE BEING ON ANY MEDICINE AT ALL. If it were up to me, I would just throw it down. I tried several times, and I'm so paranoid, I cannot stand it. I don't have a lot of hallucinations, but I hear what sounds to be a shortwave radio, and think the Government is after me. Explain this? I certainly cannot, only to a point. Everything is amplified. My father has it as well, and I inherited it unfortunately. You think withdrawal is bad, SZ is much worse, especially when you do not remember anything once you do become aware. My grandmother has it, and it's ongoing. I can attest that Schizo is real, it's not made up.

I don't know how else to explain it.

You can't compare one person's WD to another's disease.  I jumped off 10mg xanax, alcoholism, 80mg etizolam, 500mg zoloft, pot, speed and cocaine on the same day, it's incomparable.

I think you knew exactly what I meant about not believing in mental illnesses.  Just to make it patently clear, there are clearly some illnesses that can be labeled "mental illness" this has been observed throughout history, however the tome that the DSM has no become has basically made a mockery of mental illness as an area of science.  When we start diagnosing the smallest of life's problems as an illness and medicating them with dangerous chemicals, there is a real problem.

[e0...]
When we start diagnosing the smallest of life's problems as an illness and medicating them with dangerous chemicals, there is a real problem.

I agree with that.

I don't want anyone to get the wrong idea.  I think there definitely are some good people in the field of psychiatry, and perhaps there are extreme cases where these psychotropic drugs may do some good as a last resort type measure.

What I am against is irresponsible labeling of patients, the over prescribing/excessive doses of psychotropic drugs, and dishonorable business practices by big Pharmaceutical companies.

I believe these drugs might have a place in life threatening cases such as those with suicidal or homicidal tendencies.  But even then I think the patient should be closely monitored and the drug should be given for the shortest duration possible.  Also I think that any drug that can help a terminal patient, addictive or not, is appropriate.

But I feel I am a victim of prescription abuse.  After the Doctors got me into trouble with these powerful medications, they were completely naive as to how to help me out of the mess they created.  I also believe that I was labeled with a dx of PTSD when infact I had no mental disorder, and was told that it was incurable and I would have to take SSRIs and Tranquilizers for the rest of my life.

I believe this is happening to others at an alarming rate, because I have seen the same sort of thing happen to some of my friends and loved ones.  It is eerie how almost identical our stories are, how many parallels.  Even strangers I met in detox had eerily similar stories.

I worked at a mental health facility during my practicum in college and I met some really swell mental heath professionals who truly care.  But I also met some of, shall we say, another sort.

I just hope that if you are not sure about what one doctor diagnoses/prescribes, don't be a blind sheep like I was.  Ask questions, rule out anything biological, get a second opinion, and educate yourself.  There are so many resources today in which to do this.  Just be aware that one doctors decision can have a devastating impact on your life if you are not careful.