Robert Whitaker, Author of Anatomy of an Epidemic

[Pr...]

Hey guys,

This book was recommended to me by a member of the Board of Medical Ethics at Harvard. I somehow felt the need to email her my story and she actually responded o_O

Anyway, Mr. Whitaker is holding a series of public dialogues about the content of the book (psychotropic meds and how much they can suck, to be brief about it) across the US. If any of you guys are nearby, it's worth a look :) Take a look at the list on the left hand side of the page for dates and cities.

http://robertwhitaker.org/robertwhitaker.org/Book%20News/Book%20News.html

Thank you so much for posting this Princezz. There is actually one 4/6 that is only an hour from me. I don't know if I'm in any condition to go to a large lecture, but I'd like to...

If I were at my home in Jersey right now I'd only be an hour away from the one in Edison too. And if I were at school in Pittsburgh I'd be right on top of the last one. So frustrating :(

Maybe the hubby can take you?

[02...]

Thanks Princezz..

I have a few friends at Harvard...

MY BF's Nephew is attending there..

You are from Jersey?

I'm not far from NJ... actually I have a few friends there too  ;) I lived in Jersey for a short while before moving to NYC..

Small world..

I took a brief look at your link.. I will have to look into it..

Thanks...

S#

Small world indeed :) Central Jersey.

Yea take a look. I think I saw somewhere u're in upstate NY? There's one in Westchester and one in NYC.

I went to a talk he gave in my area back in December.  Well worth it.  Go to hear him if you can.  ~~mbr    P.S.  My former shrink, whom I fired, was in the audience.  Awkward... Wonder if he learned anything.

Thanks for the seal of approval, mbr. Hear that everyone? Take your docs with you!  And tell them to bring their friends! :thumbsup:

My former shrink, whom I fired, was in the audience.  Awkward... Wonder if he learned anything.

I soooo would have gone up to him and tapped him on the shoulder!

Thanks for the seal of approval, mbr. Hear that everyone? Take your docs with you!  And tell them to bring their friends! :thumbsup:

My former shrink, whom I fired, was in the audience.  Awkward... Wonder if he learned anything.

I soooo would have gone up to him and tapped him on the shoulder!

HA!  You're braver than I am.  I so didn't want to see him.  At all!

Princeszz - where in Jersey do you live - I don't live too far across the Delaware from Lambertville ..... I would love to go to hear him speak but don't think I can make it that day.  mbr - so glad to know that you heard him speak.....I will definitely try to get to one of his talks.  I am not sure if his book is out yet - couldn't decide if it was april of 2010 or 2011 but I am definitely going to get it.  I did read one of his other books and e-mailed him, but he didn't answer any of my questions - he just told me to go buy one of his books.

Thanks all

Hoping2BFree