Low dose crossover

[Jo...]

I have been tapering Clonazepam whilst holding on Valium 6mg. As the dose of Clonazepam is now quite low .0125mg I was wondering if I could crossover to Valium 0.5mg for remainder of taper? I wish to do this because I don’t have scales etc. to accurately cut Clonazepam any further.

Hi Joanne

How are you feeling on the 0.0125mg?

I saw you jumped from a 0.0625mg dose (still quite high) and it was too much for you. I think the jump dose is 0.025, which you are under now, so I’m just wondering how you are feeling and if you think you’re ok to stabilise on that dose? If you feel you’ll be ok now that you’ve reinstated 0.0125, then I would just wait until you feel ready (stabilised) and then jump from the 0.0125 without any crossover. Others may differ in opinion, so just wait to get a few more opinions, as I don’t have any personal experience tapering from clonazepam. The main thing is that you feel like reinstating the 0.0125 (half the size of the clonazepam jump dose) has made a difference? Still, if you feel more comfortable substituting a roughly equivalent dose of Valium (0.25mg), then I guess it’s certainly an option.

Hi Joanne

Just wanted to reinforce something that Pamster mentioned on another thread… adding in slightly more Valium in place of the clonazepam won’t necessarily help with your symptoms, and may only extend your taper unnecessarily. You may be better off just waiting to stabilise on the 0.0125 clonazepam and 6mg Valium, and then jump from the clonazepam. When you jumped from the 0.0625, you dropped by the equivalent of 1.25mg Valium, and by then reinstating with 0.0125, you lessened that to the equivalent of 1mg valium, so if you’re still in a bad way on the 0.0125, then you could potentially up the dose of clonazepam to at least 0.025 which would = the accepted jumping dose for clonazepam. Once stabilised, you could then still jump from it and begin tapering the 6mg valium.

I have to say though - a cheap precision jewellers scale would’ve been of considerable help to you.

Thank you for your help & suggestions.

I decided to add 0.5mg Valium rather than reinstate Clonazepam.

I really wanted off the Clonazepam altogether.

My plan is to purchase some scales for future cuts.

Thank you for your help & suggestions.

I decided to add 0.5mg Valium rather than reinstate Clonazepam.

I really wanted off the Clonazepam altogether.

My plan is to purchase some scales for future cuts.

It’s great you’ve made your decision, Joanne. Please keep us informed of how things are going as you proceed.  :thumbsup: