Pelvic pain, burning VJ/ prostate, urinary type problems support group

[ol...]

[04...]

You're not a hypochondriac. You're feeling pain. It's real. Benzos slow down peristaltic action in the colon. Sometimes it just stops...or the opposite. Yep, poison. I never had severe bowel issues until Ativan. It was horrific. It went away. I dealt with it again for a few months in this setback, but mostly gone now. Digestive enzymes help me greatly, I stay away from milk and gluten, too. As much as possible. Bottled water was giving me terrible bloating and trapped gas. I stopped drinking it. I think if is the plastic. Dunno. Yogurt causes rash. And, I had to stop eating it. Probiotics kill me...always did even when well. Cause terrible pain and bloating. My bowels are totally fine when I'm well...Rx meds always kill me. The colon can also spasm and cause pelvic floor pain. If I can pass gas, the urethra burning subsides a lot. Creepy. But, definitely connected to pain. Pressure builds up, I think. Colon spasms. When it releases I feel like a huge boulder has been lifted. Massaging the belly helps.

Benzos are so, so damaging. Our bodies are not drug deficient. BTW...I trust no doctor, either.

You're not a hypochondriac. You're feeling pain. It's real. Benzos slow down peristaltic action in the colon. Sometimes it just stops...or the opposite. Yep, poison. I never had severe bowel issues until Ativan. It was horrific. It went away. I dealt with it again for a few months in this setback, but mostly gone now. Digestive enzymes help me greatly, I stay away from milk and gluten, too. As much as possible. Bottled water was giving me terrible bloating and trapped gas. I stopped drinking it. I think if is the plastic. Dunno. Yogurt causes rash. And, I had to stop eating it. Probiotics kill me...always did even when well. Cause terrible pain and bloating. My bowels are totally fine when I'm well...Rx meds always kill me. The colon can also spasm and cause pelvic floor pain. If I can pass gas, the urethra burning subsides a lot. Creepy. But, definitely connected to pain. Pressure builds up, I think. Colon spasms. When it releases I feel like a huge boulder has been lifted. Massaging the belly helps.

Benzos are so, so damaging. Our bodies are not drug deficient. BTW...I trust no doctor, either.

You are my hero! Thank you for all this great information!

You also may want to try some quality coconut water, not too much until you know how much you can handle.  Low Sodium V8 juice was recommended here (somewhere in the vast amount of info), I tried it has no bad effects.  I have a juicer and when I am motivated (which is not a lot of the time) I will do some vegetable juicing as well.

Trust a medical doctor? tried that already, now I am here to find a different path. 

Digestive enzymes help me greatly, I stay away from milk and gluten, too.

Did you use digestive enzymes while tapering? I am afraid that if it helps my gut it will inadvertently be speeding up Klonopin elimination and throw me into acute at this low dose. Any thoughts on this? I bought a bottle of gentian drops and it's just sitting there. I'm chicken to upset the already rickety apple art of my gut.

[04...]

No, I did not use enzymes back in benzo withdrawal Î didn't know about them then. Anything can adversely affect us when the nervous system is in chaos. Tomatoes are a nightshade plant and can cause inflammation in the body. I stay away from tomatoes pretty much. At least until I recover. today the urethra burning came back. It went away for five days. Horrible pain. Legs and glutes feel stiff like cement and burning electrified. So painful. Another day rolling on a ball. I'm so done with this day after day. It's torture.

Lord, please rescue us all from pain. It's relentless suffering and only you can heal us. Waiting and waiting for you to move mountains. Ask and believe is what you said. So, I must believe you meant that. I believe we will recover fully. Please allow us to heal faster than expected. May your healing hands touch our pain, our anxiety, depression, and everything that's holding us back from peace. Come today and surround us all with your angels of mercy. Have mercy, oh Lord. Have mercy upon your children. Do not leave us in despair one more day. Thank you for all you are about to do. I give you praise for answered prayers. Come quickly. Amen.

No, I did not use enzymes back in benzo withdrawal Î didn't know about them then. Anything can adversely affect us when the nervous system is in chaos. Tomatoes are a nightshade plant and can cause inflammation in the body. I stay away from tomatoes pretty much. At least until I recover. today the urethra burning came back. It went away for five days. Horrible pain. Legs and glutes feel stiff like cement and burning electrified. So painful. Another day rolling on a ball. I'm so done with this day after day. It's torture.

Lord, please rescue us all from pain. It's relentless suffering and only you can heal us. Waiting and waiting for you to move mountains. Ask and believe is what you said. So, I must believe you meant that. I believe we will recover fully. Please allow us to heal faster than expected. May your healing hands touch our pain, our anxiety, depression, and everything that's holding us back from peace. Come today and surround us all with your angels of mercy. Have mercy, oh Lord. Have mercy upon your children. Do not leave us in despair one more day. Thank you for all you are about to do. I give you praise for answered prayers. Come quickly. Amen.

Amen !! Thanks for the beautiful prayer Denise  :hug: I'm logging off now but I wanted to say about using a ball for massage, I put mine in a long sock and use it against the wall. Its much better than rolling on the floor and makes it easier to get and hold the ball whee you want it :thumbsup: Wishing everyone well  catch up with you all tomorrow and may things get better for everyone  :hug:

Love Nova xxx  :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

Lord, please rescue us all from pain. It's relentless suffering and only you can heal us. Waiting and waiting for you to move mountains. Ask and believe is what you said. So, I must believe you meant that. I believe we will recover fully. Please allow us to heal faster than expected. May your healing hands touch our pain, our anxiety, depression, and everything that's holding us back from peace. Come today and surround us all with your angels of mercy. Have mercy, oh Lord. Have mercy upon your children. Do not leave us in despair one more day. Thank you for all you are

about to do. I give you praise for answered prayers. Come quickly. Amen.

Amen

Amen Lord, hear me also.  So sorry you are worse today.  I am actually some better.  Went to Dr. and said UTI.  They are sending urine out to culture because I can't take antibiotics unless totally necessary since I had a horrendous CDiff infection 4 yrs ago.  I'm hoping it doesn't grow anything.  They said it could be coming from my back, they just kind of shove off the mention of the Valium, like it couldn't be from that.  Oh well, just glad its better.  Gave me AZo urinary pain relief samples and also Azo cranberry and probiotic samples so I took one pill to see how I do.  Hope everyone has a better day today.  God Bless.

Does anyone have the problem of feeling like they have to go but nothing comes out.  I am getting so weary of going to public bathrooms with a big urge to go only to sit on the toilet forever waiting for a drop to come out.  I finally go but never seem to empty completely and then I am back on the toilet again. ugh this is getting so frustrating.  Also have been getting vulva pain while peeing, comes and goes.  Bladder pain also comes and goes.  Been to the urologist so many times with uti symptoms but no uti.  Occassionally I do have a uti so it makes it all even more frustrating.  Thanks for the prayers God knows I need them.

Nice to have you ladies to talk to.  TY

Amen Lord, hear me also.  So sorry you are worse today.  I am actually some better.  Went to Dr. and said UTI.  They are sending urine out to culture because I can't take antibiotics unless totally necessary since I had a horrendous CDiff infection 4 yrs ago.  I'm hoping it doesn't grow anything.  They said it could be coming from my back, they just kind of shove off the mention of the Valium, like it couldn't be from that.  Oh well, just glad its better.  Gave me AZo urinary pain relief samples and also Azo cranberry and probiotic samples so I took one pill to see how I do.  Hope everyone has a better day today.  God Bless.

I am convinced that valium is the cause of so much bladder issues and uti's.  This is unfortunately my 2nd taper and when I was off I had no bladder pain or uti's.  Now that I am back to tapering they are all back.  I have mentioned the valium to my urologist and he does think the valium could be some of the problem.  Sorry you have his, hopefully it is not a uti.

No I never can't go but my urine stream is definitely less.  I have to sit up and push out sometimes, bladder doesn't completely empty.  I think its the Valium also.  I'm not saying it cant be a UTI but to totally discount the V isn't good.  It is a known side effect but they just don't get it.  I am having some pressure again, I spoke too soon, hope it doesn't get worse.  I certainly hope you can get some help at your Oct. appt.  Let us know if you find out any good info.  Until then hope it gets better.  Prayers for us all to have pain free days.

No I never can't go but my urine stream is definitely less.  I have to sit up and push out sometimes, bladder doesn't completely empty.  I think its the Valium also.  I'm not saying it cant be a UTI but to totally discount the V isn't good.  It is a known side effect but they just don't get it.  I am having some pressure again, I spoke too soon, hope it doesn't get worse.  I certainly hope you can get some help at your Oct. appt.  Let us know if you find out any good info.  Until then hope it gets better.  Prayers for us all to have pain free days.

I see you are getting steroid injections as well. They want to put me on steroids (prednisone) since this is the first course of action for my particular disease.  I have heard steriods metabolize the valium to quickly. You have alot going on freeme, my heart goes out to you.  You sound like you have alot of pain going on and I do understand that all to much.  I hope I can get some help too at Mayo but the valium is my biggest problem at least I think so.  Unfortunately it attacks all of our other pains and makes it much much worse. When my bladder goes off so does my lower back, I can only imagine what it is doing to your back. Hope you feel better soon.

You also may want to try some quality coconut water, not too much until you know how much you can handle.  Low Sodium V8 juice was recommended here (somewhere in the vast amount of info), I tried it has no bad effects.  I have a juicer and when I am motivated (which is not a lot of the time) I will do some vegetable juicing as well.

Trust a medical doctor? tried that already, now I am here to find a different path.

What is coconut water supposed to do?

Your kindness is so appreciated.  I had the last steroid injection on 5-22, that was three of them and they did no good.  The contrast in the MRI might have revved things up also.  I am hanging in there, can't walk or stand for very long and will probably have my surgery next month.  See surgeon 9-15 and hoping I can get by with a regular laminectomy and not the more intensive rods, screws and fusion.  I want off all these drugs but unfortunately have to have them to have any quality of life right now.  I certainly hope you get the help you need.  I think oral steroids are rough on anyone, even worse for us on valium.  Maybe they will come up with some other plan for you, I will pray for it.  As for the coconut water, I guess its good for the bladder burning or something.  Dr. just told me to drink plenty of water, I am choking on it now so will have more tomorrow, just can't stomach anymore today.  BE well everyone.

Your kindness is so appreciated.  I had the last steroid injection on 5-22, that was three of them and they did no good.  The contrast in the MRI might have revved things up also.  I am hanging in there, can't walk or stand for very long and will probably have my surgery next month.  See surgeon 9-15 and hoping I can get by with a regular laminectomy and not the more intensive rods, screws and fusion.  I want off all these drugs but unfortunately have to have them to have any quality of life right now.  I certainly hope you get the help you need.  I think oral steroids are rough on anyone, even worse for us on valium.  Maybe they will come up with some other plan for you, I will pray for it.  As for the coconut water, I guess its good for the bladder burning or something.  Dr. just told me to drink plenty of water, I am choking on it now so will have more tomorrow, just can't stomach anymore today.  BE well everyone.

Sweetie Steroids are cross tolerant with Benzos and will flare you sxs up  :sick:  Here's and old post about meds to avoid but obviously there's more now research has been updated but there's quite a few to avoid if possible on the link

Drug Usage During Benzo Withdrawal and Recovery http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?topic=5500.msg47554#msg47554

I also got an steroid shot and revved me up really badly! Would avoid it as much as possible.

I'm getting an MRI next month! Phew. At least I will know for sure if it's a real problem or a benzo problem and I will finally be able to stop worrying

Hi everyone  :thumbsup: I wrote a novel of a post and the cyber monster ate it!! :tickedoff: Anyway, regarding my genital problem  :sick: I did a home urine test this morning and its an infection, the test's showing that there's a bacterial infection but no blood or nitrates. I am wondering if this is a long standing infection as I keep getting on and off pain the kidney area which I though was adrenal pain due to it being random not static, and because I get the sweats and have had frequent urination for year's due to tolerance WD.

But the frequency is getting worse as I get lower in my taper , and I have had a LOT of bizarre and painful genital issues along with butt issues  ::) that are also ramping up again now I'm getting lower in dosage. They did fade out for a short time but have now returned and I did the water test as the raw pain became more an annoying discomfort along with itching but I also get bad itching as an sxs. But it was discomfort in general then suddenly while passing water I decided to do a test................

WHY I WANT TO BEAT MY DOCTOR UP!!! :tickedoff: :tickedoff: :tickedoff:

I went into Anaphylaxic  shock and nearly died after being prescribed an antibiotic for a previous UTI, and spent four day's going back and fore telling the Doctor that there was a problem only to be treated as an insane nuisance and my worries dismissed.  :idiot:

I was on my own when the anaphylaxics hit crisis point but managed to ring an ambulance to go to the Hospital who were responsible for giving me an E-Coli infection which had flared up in the first place by putting a Catheter in that must have had the bacteria on.  :o

I rang the Doctor and requested Amoxicillin as so far I've been okay when I've taken it, but he tried to give me Cipro which also did a number on me before and should NOT be given in Benzo WD  :oXo:. Then he tried, while stating an argument that I really didn't need to prescribe me yet another Antibiotic that he gave me before that also caused a bad reaction.  :stretcher:

I then tried to explain  about Benzo WD , and the fact it is MY BODY,and a matter of life or death with the meds he was trying to give me while yelling at me 'AMOXICILLIN ISN'T ANY GOOD FOR WHAT YOU HAVE!!!  >:( >:( Oh yes it is, I said its used to treat UTI'S.  ;)

I then questioned him as to what does he know or can't try to understand what I'm telling him about Benzos? I wish I had been able to do this before I ever took a Benzo or any other drug for that matter but you live and learn, well lucky I did otherwise I'd have taken what he prescribed and bloody died not lived!! :sick: Anyway as you can imagine all his ranting and me trying to defend my right to live never mind his 'Doctor'' status'' f**k**g gob shite!!  :tickedoff: its battered my sxs's just as I was trying not to get over wrought about anything else :-\

And I am NOT going to take his crap Amoxicillin he eventually gave in and prescribed before loudly slamming the phone down on me, I am using Organic apple Cider Vinegar with the 'Mother'' in as it cleared up another bad UTI where I was pissing gallons of blood before and I've also got Organic pure Cranberry juice and Colloidal silver which I make myself.  :thumbsup:

I want the Amoxicillin as a ''if nothing else works I need to take it :( '' stand by so I don't have to call that !"£&^@_+&%! twat !! :P out to my home and end up being sent to the Hospital so THEY can give another unwanted freebee!!  :D I am also going to email him a medical research paper that people with kidney problems ( I have Nephrosis of the left kidney) should NOT be given the last tablet he was yelling to me to take as its fatal THE JERK!!!!!!! And if they wake me up drunk at 5am drunk when I've been struggling to get to sleep if I am asleep at all.  :sleepy: I will also be beating my upstairs neighbors up when I am better.  '''HERE! TAKE THAT  :boxer: AND THAT :muscle: AND THAT AGAIN  :boxer: NEIGHBORS!!!!!'' :tickedoff: :tickedoff: 

:laugh:

Love Nova XXX  :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

Oh Boy, you have really been through the wringer, feel so bad.  I'm glad you took up for yourself.  It takes a lot to override a Dr. a lot of them think they are God.  So sorry you are suffering again. I"m still suffering also, waiting to hear back on what was cultured out from the urine specimen.  Then he will prescribe the proper antibiotic.  I have taken Cipro in the past and its a nasty med for anyone but now that I'm on Valium I can't take that.  Also, since I had a nasty case of CDiff from Clindamycin they have to be careful with what they give me. This will be the first time I have had any meds like that since being so deathly ill, so scary on top of the w/d symptoms etc.  The AZO helps a little but not much.  Sometimes it almost goes away but when I have to go it burns so guess I'll have to take something.  I know sometimes these s/x's can be just from the benzos but in some cases it is an infection so always good to check.  I'm sitting alot with my back so maybe thats why I got this, I never had one before.  HOpe everyone has a good weekend and feels some better.  This is so bad but we will get through 

Nova, wow, what an ordeal.. This is all you need on top of everything else.  You are lucky that you can get rid of uti's on your own I have tried everything you have but always end up on antibiotics.  Nothing else works.  At least you have no blood or nitrates.  When I have lots of bladder pain and take a home test and it shows only a rise in white blood cells but no nitrates I usually chalk it up as just bladder pain from benzos and sure enough it goes away and it is from the benzos.  I have lots of pain in my left kidney area but again no infection. You are lucky that you can get rid if a uti with apple cider vinegar and cranberry juice, that just does nothing for me.  How frustrating that your doctor doesn't get it.  What an idiot. I have tapered before and when I got low on the valium my bladder pain really went off. When I got off my bladder pain was gone.  So there is hope. 

[04...]

If you are showing just leukocytes it means inflammation, not always an infection. This is and was my issue. All medical tests normal and culture shows no infection. The bladder or urethra can be inflamed. Colloidal silver should kill the infection, also silver gel on urethra if it is true infection. 3rd Rock Rashblock is what it's called. Could be just in urethra.

Cipro and Levaquin have black box warnings. I'd never take either of them as they can cause severe nerve and muscle damage...lasting a long time and sometimes permanent. Lawsuits abound. I took Keflex in January for a minor UTI. Severe setback after being well for seven years. Eight months of acute benzo w/d sx returned. Still not recovered..exploded with 50 sx...down to about 7 now. Suffered all of 2015 and still am housebound.

Be careful, please.

Denise

If you are showing just leukocytes it means inflammation, not always an infection. This is and was my issue. All medical tests normal and culture shows no infection.[b] The bladder or urethra can be inflamed. [/b]Colloidal silver should kill the infection, also silver gel on urethra if it is true infection. 3rd Rock Rashblock is what it's called. Could be just in urethra.

Cipro and Levaquin have black box warnings. I'd never take either of them as they can cause severe nerve and muscle damage...lasting a long time and sometimes permanent. Lawsuits abound. I took Keflex in January for a minor UTI. Severe setback after being well for seven years. Eight months of acute benzo w/d sx returned. Still not recovered..exploded with 50 sx...down to about 7 now. Suffered all of 2015 and still am housebound.

Be careful, please.

Denise

Hi everyone  :hug: Denise I wasn't aware until the other day that you were the poor soul whose re-intro story I had read about this happening to you year's later, its heartbreaking and seriously unjust,  :'( I feel for all of us here  :hug:  I am also wondering as you put in the post above the same as you said inflammation plus other sxs on top as they change go, return all sorts of ''Oh no!!  now what?sxs or illness?.  :-\

That's a biggie with many if not everyone in Benzo WD health paranoia  Its still hard to fathom just how damaged some of us truly are, and how fragile our systems are. I often can't believe like many others all the year's I spent getting damaged poly drugged and unneeded medical investigations, operations and labeled 'Bi-polar or Manic as it was called then depressive at the age of 19 after being taken CT off 30+ Ativan 2mg a day as prescribed by the Doctor? Man!! I only thought about it yesterday at that point in time the great life I had ahead was taken from me and at that point the world also changed forever too.  :(

I firmly believe if at some point you don't fore fill or you destiny gets changed its not just you, it sends a ripple right across the planet like 'The Chaos theory http://plato.stanford.edu/entries/chaos/ And I also believe whether we like it or not where we are and whats happening to us was meant to be also  I know that there's many people who would say its tosh, Its just puts all the suffering into perspective when my mind's about to blow a piston if I try to reason why and I then think its not for me to try or find a reason just forge ahead the best way I can, thats all any of us can do. :thumbsup:

Rivershope The only UTI i actually had solid evidence of was when the Hospital after I spent two day's nagging them as within an hour of the Catheter being put in I knew I had a UTI. They kept saying I couldn't possibly know in so short a time, and being labeled 'Mentally ill' when your not they ALL put what they don't agree with down to your 'mental illness''.  :crazy:

The other UTI's were 'Diagnosed'' by the same doctor over the phone by what symptoms I told him I had and he refused every time to do a house call 'because 'I'm mental??With a stoke of a pen a stupid psychiatrist messed with my life and rights , and how people perceived me to be and I been unfairly judged for year's by people that don't even know me? Worse part is my own Family did it too and  my two siblings are the biggest culprits.  :nono:

They never ring or call to see how I am and they know what I'm going though and I was always there for them but that's everyone troy and then some when it comes to Benzo WD Partners dump you family don't care and friends become invisible. But thats not going to interfere with my efforts to free myself, its my body my life and I want then both back as near to if not better than they should have been pre Benzos then poly drugging.  :D

All I know is this is now my fate and its what I do about it to get well that matters and a brighter destiny awaits at the finishing post of this part of the never ending saga of life even if we don't feel or believe it, its there arms wide open waiting for us all. 8) And its also dead cool  :socool: that I actually got to use  some smillies I've NEVER  used before on this post!!  :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: And I also can't figure out like everything  ::) how I tuned the whole post block  ???

[04...]

Nova, thank you. I'm slowly improving. Probsbly in for another couple months or more. It's awful. But, I've learned my lesson. This can never happen again. We don't know what chemicals are in drugs now. Many are from China. Even Vitamin C! Yuck. I'll never take another antibiotic again. I hope you feel better soon.

Denise

Hi all. I'm coming from the other side of this, as I had the pelvic pain/pudendal neuralgia (started with a fall on my tailbone on a cement floor) before benzos. I had a lot of the same symptoms you all discuss. Oddly enough when I started having all the benzo hell, the pelvic stuff was not my worst symptom. Maybe I still had it but the other stuff was so overwhelming that it faded into the background. Somehow, I don't know maybe because I was so inactive or in spite of it, it got a lot better. I still have a little but no big deal.

I was given the benzo supposedly to help relax the pelvic floor, to help PT work better. I'm sure it was the PT that helped me and not the benzo. I was given it in the form of vaginal Valium suppositories which I used for only 9 days and then all hell broke loose. I just started month 21 and I'm mostly, but not completely, healed. As far as I know. I certainly haven't messed around with taking antibiotics (or any pharmaceutical, nor do I ever intend to) or alcohol, or any such thing.

Anyway I know how horrible it is. I hope everybody gets some relief soon!

I finally heard from the Dr. and I do have a bladder infection.  In fact 2 bacteria grew out.  I was put on Macrobid twice a day and started last night so only two pills so far.  I feel much better already.  Always good to check and make sure its an infection and not just the w/d.  I was getting so much worse, I'm glad I went.  Hopefully it will clear up and not come back.  I don't know how any of you could stand this symptom for any length of time.  The pain and pressure was horrendous, I could not go on like that.  You are strong women.  Hope it gets better for all of us sooner rather than later and I pray for the day we are all off this poison.