Ambien stop benzo withdrawal

[VE...]

I'm sorry VEGERs, the only way out is through at this point, you've been on the Temazepam long enough to have developed dependence.

The problem with tapering Ambien is the short half life and the fact that it's a hypnotic.  In order to taper it, you may have to take part of your dose during the day to keep interdose at bay and this can lead to memory issues because of its hypnotic effect. You've read about sleep driving and eating while taking the drug, well, taking it during the day could put you at risk. 

What are your symptoms, how miserable are you?

No I would never take it during the day just a larger nighttime dose to equal the 30mg temazepam. Just frustrated still waiting to see 2 potential doctors that will use the Ashton method but not sure until I talk to them. One is 5 days out and the other 10 day wait. In the meantime anxiety slight ♡ palpitations and just general weakness .I even have a weird metallic taste and smell that pops up now and then. These symptoms start 10 hours after my last dose and the. It’s pretty much all day at work battling this stuff. Just thought I would ask because I actually read a study from years ago where they gave patients ambien to successfully curb trialzolam withdrawal.

Temazepam has an awfully short half life too but if you're hoping to be crossed over to Valium eventually then maybe this could be an option for you.  You've learned a lot in the last few days and honestly, if you feel like this will help you until you can get a better plan in place then its certainly an option.  We can make suggestions and give you our opinion but this is your life and your decision and you're going into this with your eyes wide open and that's the best we can hope for.

I'm not sure where you're located but not many doctors in the US will prescribe Valium, but Klonopin has a fairly long half life so that may be an option for you.

Thank you guys for your input, I’m just at the point where I have to take it to keep the storm at bay but every night I feel like I’m taking a toxic pill. I’m angry and frustrated is all. I live in the Oklahoma City area and I have an appointment with a doctor in Tulsa that is on the benzo.org website so I’m really hoping he is open to it. And another one closer to home that is a nurse practitioner who does medication management but no will give me details over the phone all they say is they can help me. Until then I keep popping these evil little capsules I guess.

Just to reassure you, all of your symptoms are common, I used to read chapter 3 of the Ashton manual that listed our symptoms and it helped me to feel better, not so fearful. 

You're right to try to maintain as best you can until you can get a plan in place, this is a big commitment and taking your time to get it right is important.