can I taper Diazepam with Atvian?!

[Fu...]

but i do have a buncha atvian that the hospital prescribed to me. Can I use that to taper?

The Atvian aka Lorazepam is a 1mg tablet  .  i am sorry I am all so new to this and wanna get off all drugs.

How long have you been without the Diazepam, did you take it as prescribed, why was it prescribed and by whom?

i got prescribed Diazepam for anxiety due to having Tinnitus from a ENT and I haven't been taking it regular all month, but last couple weeks have been doing one tablet a night.

I still have one pill of Diazpam left ATM and then tomorrow i'll be without & all I will have is the Lorazepam 1mg

no discomfort yet, but Diazpan always made my head feel funny. THank you for your quick replies. My head is pretty messed up from Tinnitus and Hypercausis

A few more questions, you say you've taken the Diazepam regularly for the past couple of weeks, does this mean every day and so far you've not missed a dose?

Why do you have the Ativan, have you taken and discontinued benzo's before and if so, was it fairly easy or did you experience symptoms?

yes everyday for last couple weeks. I had bad withdrawals from xanax in the past when I didnt know about tapering. I was prescribe Atvian by a hospital visit. Doctors throw scripts out willie nillie it seems.

Thanks for answering my questions, with this information I would suggest a taper, how many Ativan pills do you have?

I've asked someone to stop by your thread because my mind goes to mush when we start talking numbers.  Hopefully we'll get a response but I'll keep an eye out.  You have one last dose of Valium, right?

Fubaru,

I think you said you have been taking 5 mg of Diazepam a day.

You have 55 Ativan tablets (1 mg each).

Assuming I have all that correct, here are some thoughts.

Each 0.5 mg of Ativan equals your currently daily dose of Diazapam.  This means you have 110 days of Ativan if you didn't taper.

I suggest you try a 2 month taper or slow it down.

Each day, put 1/2 of your 1 mg Ativan into 60 mL of water and stir very well

Day 1 - remove 1 mL of water and drink the rest

Day 2 - remove 2 mL of water and drink the rest

Day 3 - remove 3 mL of water and drink the rest

Can you see you will be done in 60 days?  Here is a video to help explain it.  The video suggest 300 day taper but since you have only been on benzos for a month, you might not be very stuck on benzos and so perhaps you want to get off it in 60 days before the benzo takes hold of you.

You should journal you symptoms each day so you can decide if you want to speed up your taper.