Really noticing cut to X while crossing over - help

[Un...]

Hi there,

I started the Ashton method of crossing over from X to V. I know it’s not going to be symptomless, but I’m really noticing the cut of X. I was on 0.25 twice daily of X. I’m doing stepwise crossover and cut second dose of Xanax to 0.125, while adding 2.5 Valium. I realize that my body needs to adjust to the Valium, but I’m really noticing the reduced X - much more than I thought I would. It’s also made my interdose w/d much worse.

Is this typical during a crossover? Will it get better or should I be worried?

Thanks in advance.

I've read it's not a comfortable process, Xanax leaves so quickly and Valium takes so long but most members say it's worth it if you can stick it out.  What you're going through is why I don't advise members to cross over unless they're on a short acting benzo and have strong motivation to do it. I hope you can hang in there long enough to see the benefits. 

Perhaps your dose of Valium is to small in the evening?  You said you are a combined dose of .5mg? Correct?  Maybe you should try keeping the morning dose of .25mg Xanax as you are and changing the evening dose of Valium to 5mg.  Stay there for 2-3 weeks until you stabilize on the Valium.  Then cut 1mg of the Valium every 2 weeks or as your body needs.

Just a suggestion from someone who failed a crossover from Xanax to Valium in the past.  It can be hard if you are not giving your body enough Valium as it is not as strong as Xanax, but has a much longer half life.  It does take some time to get used to it.  For me, it was so worth it, but for others it may not be.  I wish you the best whatever you decide and hope you get some relief- I know how Xanax interdose feels!  Hugs to you!