12-24 months and up support group

[La...]

I totally agree with what you said to live. Think our personalities do have bearing on how we cope, some like Lady Den, are natural optimists, unfortunately  others are like me the other end of the scale. Think mine is partly anger that giving me yet more meds really exacerbated the symptoms.  I think sometimes  on really crap days maybe have mindset OK whatever I do going feel crappy today. Not giving in , more as you say having neutral attitude. I’ve worn myself out trying everything under the sun trying to improve how I feel, wish I could be more optomistic , but not beating myself up about it  anymore I’ve tried every therapy and distraction going, self talk , mindfulness, etc etc, make myself go out every day, some days. just isn’t anything else you can do

I do think sometimes OTC stuff maybe revs up symptoms so hopefully once get over the unisom withdrawal will turn a corner. I wish I was more like Lady Den, but guess we are who we are😊

Yes and even if you’re not like me in much positivity, you’re still a sweet lovely person that I’m glad I’ve met here on this forum. You’re a beautiful star and don’t ever forget that!  :hug:

Good morning! 

Helen:  so sorry you are in a bad wave!!  Not fun!  Live what you said about being "neutral".  Such a good practice when we have these horrible days and feelings.  Try not to fight it or fix it.  Just accept the feelings and all the other symptoms as neither good nor bad!  Easier said than done!!  We are all going to have so many tools in our tool box that we will be unstoppable once we get through this!  Thinking about you today!  Hope it is as pretty in your hometown as it is in Chattanooga today!

Leeann: Way to go!  Giving up the Unisom!  I know how hard the sleep problems can be.  I have not slept well in years.  I cannot wait until I can go yo sleep and stay asleep most of the night.  I do have to manage my expectations however.  I am not a spring chicken and trouble sleeping may be something that causes me trouble because of my age!  Anyway, good for you!  Trying to remember to celebrate small victories in my own journey!  Love what you said about how our personalities effect how we respond to this!  So true!!!  We all have a natural "bent" or temperament!  It is just how we are wired.  Of course, it is important to not always give in to those natural tendencies.  That is why I love to read LadyDen's posts; she helps me change my perspective!

LadyDen:  Hoping you can get out and walk a little bit today and enjoy this fall weather!  If not, maybe just open a window and get some fresh air!

Today we all begin a new week of healing and hope!!! 

Lisa

Helen, Lady Den, Leann, Live Life, Decatur, Pushu, Accidental Dependent

I want to say I have been thinking of you guys and have been feeling guilty that I haven't been able to post here or see how you are doing. There are things I want to say but my body and mind are in it right now and it makes it hard to focus and get through.

To summarize, I want you guys to know I send wishes of healing to you and pray you are all hanging in there.

ThatOneGirlStitch:  Have been thinking about you as well.  Hope you are managing okay!    Do not feel guilty for not posting; we know you are doing the best you can and just because you are not "present" on this forum doesn't mean you aren't part of the gang.  We are with you! 

Decatur/Lisa

Good morning! 

Helen:  so sorry you are in a bad wave!!  Not fun!  Live what you said about being "neutral".  Such a good practice when we have these horrible days and feelings.  Try not to fight it or fix it.  Just accept the feelings and all the other symptoms as neither good nor bad!  Easier said than done!!  We are all going to have so many tools in our tool box that we will be unstoppable once we get through this!  Thinking about you today!  Hope it is as pretty in your hometown as it is in Chattanooga today!

Leeann: Way to go!  Giving up the Unisom!  I know how hard the sleep problems can be.  I have not slept well in years.  I cannot wait until I can go yo sleep and stay asleep most of the night.  I do have to manage my expectations however.  I am not a spring chicken and trouble sleeping may be something that causes me trouble because of my age!  Anyway, good for you!  Trying to remember to celebrate small victories in my own journey!  Love what you said about how our personalities effect how we respond to this!  So true!!!  We all have a natural "bent" or temperament!  It is just how we are wired.  Of course, it is important to not always give in to those natural tendencies.  That is why I love to read LadyDen's posts; she helps me change my perspective!

LadyDen:  Hoping you can get out and walk a little bit today and enjoy this fall weather!  If not, maybe just open a window and get some fresh air!

Today we all begin a new week of healing and hope!!! 

Lisa

Warm hugs Lisa! Yes I was able to do some outranking yesterday. I had a decent day balance and boatiness were both mild. So I was able to get 2500 steps in a day. And walked further away from my door. Sooo happy! There was a nice breeze making leaves fall. I really enjoyed it. I’m planning to repeat the same thing today. Thank you for cheering me on. You’re so lovely!

How are you feeling?

💗❤️💗❤️

I want to say I have been thinking of you guys and have been feeling guilty that I haven't been able to post here or see how you are doing. There are things I want to say but my body and mind are in it right now and it makes it hard to focus and get through.

To summarize, I want you guys to know I send wishes of healing to you and pray you are all hanging in there.

Stitch it’s ok. We understand sweetie. I appreciate that you took the time to pop in. Please know that we send our love and well wishes to you. You’re a good soldier in this. Keep fighting. You’ll get there. We all will.

🤗❤️🌹

Where’s Sandy? Sage? GG? I hope they’re doing ok. Sending healing wishes their way 🙏

Helen darling how was your sleep last night? Feeling any better? I’ll be over the moon when you get back to your nice baseline. When that virus vacate your premises you’ll be back to good days. Until then I’m here anytime. 🤗🌹

Leann how did you sleep last night without the unisom? Are you feeling better? Did you get out to walk yesterday? Healing wishes to you sweetheart 🤗❤️

Pashu have things settled down a bit? Do you go walking? 🤗💗

Live I hope today is the day you come out of that thick part of the forest. It is long overdue. I’m waiting to give you a big cheer. You’re very strong and all that work your brain is doing will have you with a nice baseline. Please know that I’m thinking of you. 🙏🌹

JB hope you’re still doing well with having COVID. Thinking of you. 🤗

JBen we miss you and hope you’re doing well, my friend. I’d like to hear that your histamine issues are much better now? Healing wishes are flowing your way. 🤗

Today is see if you can push through day ( I made that up  :laugh: ) Let’s see how much we can push through to ignore the Benzo Bully. 💪🏼👍🏼👏😉  Have a happy healing day everyone. Get out in the sunshine even if it’s just 5 minutes. Let God use it to remind you of how warm his love is for us. 😘

Wet wet wet here and cold. Am sleeping bit, but quite sort of stressy dreams. But not going back on unisom. Think my theory about histamine levels is probably right, as been very jittery, thoughts got worse since tapering/ stopping the anti histamines, Least get bit sleep better than none hopefully will level out soon.

Hope you manage get out, feels like we’ve gone into winter here, holding off putting on heating coz energy bills rocketed,, now pound dropped so low against dollar everything will be going up. Hope weather nicer over there x

Thanks for the nice message Lady Den.  Not much sleep and feeling nasty today.  My virus has cleared up, I feel certain. I think this must be the post viral hangover in the form of a big ol' wave.  It's rough...sick stomach, burning and aching and muscles clenched all over, hard to get a deep breath, some weird LSD type feelings (not that I've ever done that but I can imagine). It's sort of like acute.  Ahhhh..  lovely.  I've been out in the sun a couple of times this morning but I need my heating pad on my belly in between. Rough days going on and not sure why unless it's just y body trying to find baseline again.  It's another day....

I hope you get your 2500+ steps in again today. So proud of you!

Leann, I'm sorry for your cold and wet weather. Send us some rain.  We need it. 

Helen

Thanks for the healing wishes Stitch.  I wish the same for you. 

It feels like I'm coming down with something and its really set off my symptoms.  I hope it's mild.  I hate how everything revs up the body. 

I think I'll take LD's advice and get some sun today. 

Feel like I’m going crazy, massive panic attack, cleaning everything in the house that doesn’t move , feel like I’m seriously mentally ill, shaking. How can coming off anti histamine send symptoms s off chart. I even cut it down over couple weeks. Pray for me this is beyond awful, really can’t cope with this.😢

Please don't feel guilty. You need to do what's best for you. I've not posted a lot either anymore lately. Being confronted with this on a daily basis is not good for my mental health. My job also takes a lot out of me (I rolled into a pretty difficult job and it is pretty taxing) and I have a move I need to prepare. I pray we all get through this, but it's step by step and day by day. I'll try and pop in whenever I can but my head feeling like it's about to blow 24/7 really takes away much from my strength to write longer posts. Please have a good week everyone, and may we heal soon.

Where’s Sandy? Sage? GG? I hope they’re doing ok. Sending healing wishes their way 🙏

Helen darling how was your sleep last night? Feeling any better? I’ll be over the moon when you get back to your nice baseline. When that virus vacate your premises you’ll be back to good days. Until then I’m here anytime. 🤗🌹

Leann how did you sleep last night without the unisom? Are you feeling better? Did you get out to walk yesterday? Healing wishes to you sweetheart 🤗❤️

Pashu have things settled down a bit? Do you go walking? 🤗💗

Live I hope today is the day you come out of that thick part of the forest. It is long overdue. I’m waiting to give you a big cheer. You’re very strong and all that work your brain is doing will have you with a nice baseline. Please know that I’m thinking of you. 🙏🌹

JB hope you’re still doing well with having COVID. Thinking of you. 🤗

JBen we miss you and hope you’re doing well, my friend. I’d like to hear that your histamine issues are much better now? Healing wishes are flowing your way. 🤗

Today is see if you can push through day ( I made that up  :laugh: ) Let’s see how much we can push through to ignore the Benzo Bully. 💪🏼👍🏼👏😉  Have a happy healing day everyone. Get out in the sunshine even if it’s just 5 minutes. Let God use it to remind you of how warm his love is for us. 😘

I don't really walk. I bike about 20 minutes a day as part of my commute. I used to like hiking before I got hit and some of the hiking I did in France are still some of my favourite memories. Thank you and be well.

Hello to all,

TOGS,

No need to apologize we all completely understand. Thank you for the well wishes.

LadyDen,

Sounds like you're moving through this. Wonderful to hear. Milder symptoms are always a good thing.  Yes, I would love to get out of the thick of the forest. You must have read the success story that I did with that analogy, it's a good one

As far as how I'm doing. On a positive note I've been able to watch some television, which can help pass some of the time. I push myself constantly. If my husband has to go on an errand I will go with him. The fear has just been unbearable, it's gotten even worse in the last 2 weeks. I hope it means it's getting ready to take its leave. Although, I think I've said that before. I'm really hoping for sure this time, because it's gotten pretty unbearable.

Sending warm love and healing hugs to all my buddies.

LiveLife

Hey Live just read your update.  It is so good that you are able to watch TV and even get out of the house.  I know how that chemical fear can really mess with your body and how hard it is to get out.  I am routing for you.

LadyD - i dont think it is histamine.  I think it has something to do with sugar and chemicals that are released from eating.  I tried all the histamine remedies with no success.  Glad to see you are finding ways to push through.  It is all we can do really!

Leann - I am right there with you.  This severe anxiety has me doing all kinds of chores to distract.  Sending prayers your way as requested!

Helen - thank you so much for the support over the last 24 hours. It really does help.  I am so sorry you are still suffering with so many symptoms!  My goodness. 

AD - I hope you get some deep and long sleep tonight!

Lisa - It seems like you are better, yes?  You are such a wonderful cheerleader for the team.

As for me I am broken today.  I think maybe I am in my 4th setback, this time from lidocaine or whatever the heck they put on me at the dentist.  Severe anxiety, burning nerves all over my body, constricted chest.  My god it is hell on earth.  And to make things worse I have to go back tomorrow and possibly have a root canal.  I have no idea how I am going to endure this.  I am so scared to put anything more into my body at this point but my tooth is in enough pain to get me in that chair.  Hoping, praying, good vibing and raindancing for a good outcome. 

Sending you all big hugs.

Hey Live just read your update.  It is so good that you are able to watch TV and even get out of the house.  I know how that chemical fear can really mess with your body and how hard it is to get out.  I am routing for you.

LadyD - i dont think it is histamine.  I think it has something to do with sugar and chemicals that are released from eating.  I tried all the histamine remedies with no success.  Glad to see you are finding ways to push through.  It is all we can do really!

Leann - I am right there with you.  This severe anxiety has me doing all kinds of chores to distract.  Sending prayers your way as requested!

Helen - thank you so much for the support over the last 24 hours. It really does help.  I am so sorry you are still suffering with so many symptoms!  My goodness. 

AD - I hope you get some deep and long sleep tonight!

Lisa - It seems like you are better, yes?  You are such a wonderful cheerleader for the team.

As for me I am broken today.  I think maybe I am in my 4th setback, this time from lidocaine or whatever the heck they put on me at the dentist.  Severe anxiety, burning nerves all over my body, constricted chest.  My god it is hell on earth.  And to make things worse I have to go back tomorrow and possibly have a root canal.  I have no idea how I am going to endure this.  I am so scared to put anything more into my body at this point but my tooth is in enough pain to get me in that chair.  Hoping, praying, good vibing and raindancing for a good outcome. 

Sending you all big hugs.

Thanks JBen, think unless you experience extreme anxiety, difficult to understand the overwhelming fear and loss of control it exerts. I have been having very dark thoughts with latest episode. Sometimes wish I could just be doped up and not experience or feel anything anymore. Don’t think I’ll ever find true peace again. Sorry to be drama queen, I’ll stop posting as in a bad way, sure people fed up with my tale of woe. Hope you soon get some relief.😢

JBen:  Great to hear from you!  I am so sorry you are in a tough spot.  Somehow we do manage to get through those times when we have no idea how we will.    I am hoping that this setback will be short lived and everything will calm down quickly.  Please know that you are in my thoughts.

Much love!

Lisa

Leanna, J Ben, and Lifelife,

Sending hugs to all.  I'm right there with you now. Not much good happening in my body for the last 5 days.  24/7 buzzing, vibrating, intense aching, stiffness and heart palps.  Not much sleep happening here and starting to feel a little nutty mentally from it all.  Just trying to ride it out.

Sorry for all your troubles. I guess we're in it together. 

Helen

Morning hugs to everyone. Sounds like we all are getting some butt spankings! Lined up at the principal’s office…ok who pissed off Principal Benzo Bully? Last night for me was….wow big wave with new symptoms I’ve not felt in a long time. 😝 I did get my 2500 steps in yesterday. So I’m not sure if that upticked wave is because I’ve increased my walking or what….or was it just a coincidence because I’ve been feeling decent for the past 2 days and perhaps my window closed….never know  :idiot:

JBen I’m wishing you my best on your dental appointment today. I hope all goes well and you don’t get any more upticks from the root canal. ❤️🙏

Leann sorry you had a tough day. JBen is right that you keep distracting as best as you can. I’m sure your body is adjusting to no unisom. Doesn’t feel good for now but time will prove it to be the best thing. We have a hurricane coming from Florida to watch out for this weekend. It will bring much rain and cooler temperatures that probably will require me to turn on my new heater. Stay warm and cozy my dear. Big hugs my dear. 🤗

Helen I’m sorry for your continued symptoms. I know that sucks! I got some of your symptoms last night. Felt like my bed was vibrating like the massage chairs in the mall. Freaked me out at first then I just prayed and did calm breathing until I went to sleep. Very unpleasant feeling. Looks like you’ll get your rain wish this weekend because of the hurricane. I hope you start to feel better today. Sending you big hugs 🤗

Pashu I understand what you mean. I’ll be thinking of you and waiting for you to post again when you can. I heard many BBs have a stationary bike for exercise. Wish I had one to try it out. So walking it will be for me.  :thumbsup: Big hugs 🤗

Lisa I’m happy to see that you’re doing well. We are all trying to get where you are. I think soon enough you might be  done with this fiasco. Wow that would be awesome to have another one of us to be healed. I’m definitely doing fine tuning. And that means more progress.  :thumbsup: Big hugs 🤗 Enjoy your day.

Live I often remember how my acute was and how I was just months ago. No way I could walk outside. So even though I’m not where I’d like, I’m still headed in the right direction. Although these waves suck! You’re a very strong lady. I admire that. And yes this is a thick forest that we’re all navigating through to get to our clearings…and we will. We might come out with scratches, bruises and exhaustion but we’ll forget all that once we’re out. That is what keeps me going. That is my goal. That will be my fate. I’m not letting go of that belief even though I feel these waves. After such a long time, it’s so easy to start doubting. I find myself having to beat that doubt back down from time to time. Can’t let it take root. Nope not today! I am sending you warm hugs 🤗

Accidental I hope you’re feeling better today and do something to make you smile. The sunshine is so lovely to warm the weary soul and body. Even when I’m at my worst if I can only get one minute of it then I still do it. It reminds me of God. He’s always present and never too far to not reach me. The sun is millions of miles away but reaches us all….even gives a sunburn. Wow! Isn’t that beautiful when we think about it? Warm hugs to you 🤗

❤️My love to you all ❤️

Thanks JBen, think unless you experience extreme anxiety, difficult to understand the overwhelming fear and loss of control it exerts. I have been having very dark thoughts with latest episode. Sometimes wish I could just be doped up and not experience or feel anything anymore. Don’t think I’ll ever find true peace again. Sorry to be drama queen, I’ll stop posting as in a bad way, sure people fed up with my tale of woe. Hope you soon get some relief.😢

Yes I completely agree.  When I try to describe my anxiety to folks I can tell they do not understand what I mean by extreme.  It is the kind of hell on earth I would not wish on the worst person on earth. 

I have experienced that kind of pain many times now: for 3 months after getting off ativan, for 4 months after stopping steroids, and then about a month after each of my other 3 setbacks.  It was extreme to the point I did not understand how I could not die from all the pain and suffering.  Each of those times it was 24/7 day and night.  Then after those horrific acute phases it only comes for a few hours a day. 

Now that I am in my fourth setback this week, all those painful symptoms are back.  I screamed out yesterday, ‘why doesn't this condition kill us’ and then cried and cried until I was curled up into a ball.  I dont understand how you can be in so much mental and physical pain and it not kill you.  I cried and paced all day yesterday.  I woke up with four panic attacks all night last night.  This morning I have slightly more peace but I can feel all of that panic, extreme anxiety, fear and doom just beneath the surface, ready to take over my body again.

I dont think I will make it to the dental office today.  I am waiting for them to open before I make the decision to call and cancel.

We will find peace again.  We will have learned a lot from this experience.  We may also have a lot of PTSD to work through as well.  I know I am just racking up the Trauma right now.  My therapist will be rich!

Hugs to all of you.

LadyDen:  Once again, you have such a great with words.  I wish you, Helen, Leeann, JBen, LiveLife, Pashu, Accidental a better day today.  This process is so devastating on so many levels, but it will end. 

Yes, I am doing better!  The last week has been pretty "quiet", without many symptoms.  I am also sleeping better which makes everything easier.  I don't think I am finished quite yet.  I expect another blip or two before I am completely healed.  Right now though, I am trying to enjoy feeling better. 

My heart is with everyone today!!!

Lisa

It's crazy how I used to sleep like a baby for such a long period in my withdrawal and ever since I tried some exercise again, there's not a single night where I haven't woken up in the middle of the night. Makes me wish I hadn't bothered

JBen if you’re not in an emergency with your tooth and it can wait then I don’t see any reason for you to go today when you’re not mentally ready and having waves. Smart move IMO. Whatever you decide, I’m supporting you my friend.

Pashu there are others who said exercising did the same thing to them. After two days of upping my walking, last night I had a big night wave. Coincidence or what? I don’t know but I’m going to continue my progress anyway. I’m just tired of waiting. At some point I’m going to have to endure it anyway. It will be a bit uncomfortable but that’s expected in this. I’m being careful not to overdo it. Maybe you can scale it back a bit?

Lisa I’m so very happy for you. It’s refreshing to read your posts of at the end of this. I’m nicely jealous lol I want to say well done to you! Success story is certainly in your near future. I’m excited for you! Love ❤️