12-24 months and up support group

[La...]

Oh GG I am so glad nothing serious going on but sorry that you have yet another UTI.  Do they ever culture the urine to make sure they have the right antibiotic?  I wish for you that this ll goes away very soon!!!!!

Thanks for updating us.  Take care of yourself and thanks for that reference to that support group.  Us older ladies indeed have a lot of issues down there  :sick:

Thanks, JBen, we have to get better as the alternative is unacceptable!  How have you been feeling after your latest setback?  Boy oh boy are we going to be rewarded when this crappola is over and done and kapoot!

Hugs,

GG

It is a long road GG, a long road.  I am healing.  It is slow but I am healing.  I can meditate now and it really helps calm my CNS after eating.  I am happy about that. 

Hi Deanna.  Thanks so much for your supportive note.  Yes, the doctor always waits to prescribe which antibiotic can be used based on what grows out in the lab culture.  Ceftin worked well in January when I took it for ten straight days, but so far it has not been able to clear this UTI.  Macrobid makes me very ill, and Keflex is from the penicillin family which I am allergic to, and I also can’t take sulfa drugs. 

Hopefully, my OBGYN can help to sort this all out on Tuesday.  Have you had UTI’s and if yes, what did you take to clear it out?

You seem to be doing quite well, and I am very happy for you!

Hugs,

GG

GG:  Gosh, you have been through a lot.    So glad there is nothing serious going on.  Another UTI?????  This is crazy.  I know this is discouraging, but I am so glad you are able to take an antibiotic.  You have taken Caftin before, right??    Are you still having nausea?  I had a bad bout this morning and it was not fun.  How is your hubby doing?

LadyDen:  Yes, our weekends are not fun.  I will reach out to you later and we can commiserate!  I have been in HELL the last two days!  Sorry your are struggling.

LiveLife:  It sounds like you are feeling a bit better.  So happy for you.  The shaky feeling is probably the residual of everything you have been going through.  Everything is oversensitized at this point. 

Isn't it crazy how so many of us who are somewhere between 22-29 months are struggling.  I have got to believe that our bodies are trying to get things straightened out. 

Hope everyone is having a decent day!

Lisa

Hello Decatur.  I am sorry to hear that you are still struggling.  You are only a couple of weeks ahead of me so I am waiting for you to pull me through a lovely window after you have gone through!

I am so very tired of feeling sick and in pain in the pelvic region.  And this UTI is being very stubborn, but the culture shows that it will respond to the Ceftin.  I had an awful UTI in January but after a ten day dose of the Ceftin it cleared right up. 

Hopefully I will begin to feel better soon…..yesterday I felt good enough to eat out, but I think maybe the tomatoes in my salad flared up the pain.  Plus last night I cooked chicken breast and used a pepper and herb mixture which could have also stirred up the pelvic pain.  But it is the chills and overall feeling of being ill that suggests to me it is more than just food sensitivities.

Please stay in touch….we need each other.

Hugs,

GG

Lisa,

I sure wish I was feeling better this is just a whole new kind of misery. But maybe it is just my system needs to settle down from all that fear and hopefully it won't return. I have other symptoms going and coming as well. It's just insane! I'm so sorry that you're having a bad weekend and doing poorly. It's interesting the point you make about us being from 22 to 29 months and suffering so much. Wouldn't it be wonderful if we all just turn the corner together and put this all behind us once and for all! Hugs.

Hi Becks, yes I received your great suggestions and am following through!  Thanks for helping me get through this persistent symptom!!!!!

Hugs,

GG

Gg.

Thanks for the update. I believe in my heart that this will pass. I wish it wasn’t so up and down for you., this far out. But I know it all too well and I’m here to bend an ear. Please know that I am rooting for you and I think of you often. I consider you one of my best benzo buddies. Or just a buddy.

You’re on my prayer list,

Kanoba

Bless you, Kanoba, and I consider you one of my BFFs!

I just spoke to my doctor and he has reassured me that I will get better, we just have to get me on the right antibiotic.  The lab results will be back tomorrow and he can access the lab work and make sure the Ceftin will clear up this awful UTI. 

You know I am pulling for you every minute of every day…..

Hugs,

GG

GG, I hope they did a culture and sensitivity this time on your urine to know for sure which antibiotic will work this time.

Feeling very disheartened after few days feeling bit better. This course I’m doing not helping at all. If I could reinstate would do it tomorrow Not an option as GP won’t give me any. Just feel never going get my life back as it was, just so tired fighting this. Sorry to be a misery I know all of you suffering as well, and many have horrible  physical symptoms, and people do take 4 years to recover, just need glimmer of improvement.

Hi Deanna.  Thanks so much for your supportive note.  Yes, the doctor always waits to prescribe which antibiotic can be used based on what grows out in the lab culture.  Ceftin worked well in January when I took it for ten straight days, but so far it has not been able to clear this UTI.  Macrobid makes me very ill, and Keflex is from the penicillin family which I am allergic to, and I also can’t take sulfa drugs. 

Hopefully, my OBGYN can help to sort this all out on Tuesday.  Have you had UTI’s and if yes, what did you take to clear it out?

You seem to be doing quite well, and I am very happy for you!

Hugs,

GG

Hi GG, Thank you so very much!!!

I am also (supposedly) allergic to penicillin and sulfa drugs.  My mother told me that, I've never actually seen what happens and my doctor said I should get tested because they are very efficient antibiotics and maybe I've grown out of it.  I am not a very allergy prone person, so maybe I'll do that....someday.  I've been quite fortunate in my life, only had one UTI ever when I was a young girl.  My "down there" issues are more burning/itching and discomfort of the entire mucosal area.  I think that it is the atrophy that happen to us ladies after menopause but can't rule out that WD is playing some role.

Yes I am almost afraid to admit that I have settled into a very good baseline.  I sleep well and my symptoms are mostly minor and annoying but I can move on with my life.  I noticed that the heat wave we are having sometimes stir things up (a stress on the body after all).  I'm starting to try Vit D and magnesium supplements again.  The vit D makes such a difference in my energy and mood!  You'd think I get enough because it is summer and I'm outside alot but I feel a real difference with just a few baby drops of Vit D.  Tinnitus is really loud again but even if I had to live with that permanently I'd be a happy woman. 

GG please do take care!!! You are almost at the finish line and once you get these UTIs sorted out you'll be back to cheering us all on too!

Smooches  :smitten:

Feeling very disheartened after few days feeling bit better. This course I’m doing not helping at all. If I could reinstate would do it tomorrow Not an option as GP won’t give me any. Just feel never going get my life back as it was, just so tired fighting this. Sorry to be a misery I know all of you suffering as well, and many have horrible  physical symptoms, and people do take 4 years to recover, just need glimmer of improvement.

I'm sorry Leann, what course are you doing (sorry if I missed any post about it earlier)....?  But PLEASE Leann, PLEASE DO NOT reinstate.  That's a lie your brain is telling you because it thinks the drug will make you feel better.  It won't.  You'll lose all the hard work you've put in.  You've worked really really hard.

I notice the heat will flare my symptoms.  The extreme heat is a stress the body has to manage and it isn't used to it.  Please just hang on until the heat breaks.  You are doing so much better than you think and your brain needs more time.

Dear Deanna, your words mean so much to me this morning as I awaken to one of those awful headaches I haven’t had in a long while!

You are certainly going in the right direction to the forever opened, never to close window, and I am cheering you on.

Blessings and hugs,

GG

GG:  Gosh, you have been through a lot.    So glad there is nothing serious going on.  Another UTI?????  This is crazy.  I know this is discouraging, but I am so glad you are able to take an antibiotic.  You have taken Caftin before, right??    Are you still having nausea?  I had a bad bout this morning and it was not fun.  How is your hubby doing?

LadyDen:  Yes, our weekends are not fun.  I will reach out to you later and we can commiserate!  I have been in HELL the last two days!  Sorry your are struggling.

LiveLife:  It sounds like you are feeling a bit better.  So happy for you.  The shaky feeling is probably the residual of everything you have been going through.  Everything is oversensitized at this point. 

Isn't it crazy how so many of us who are somewhere between 22-29 months are struggling.  I have got to believe that our bodies are trying to get things straightened out. 

Hope everyone is having a decent day!

Lisa

Ok Lisa sounds good. I’m looking forward to it. Hope you feel better real fast! ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️

Hello Decatur.  I am sorry to hear that you are still struggling.  You are only a couple of weeks ahead of me so I am waiting for you to pull me through a lovely window after you have gone through!

I am so very tired of feeling sick and in pain in the pelvic region.  And this UTI is being very stubborn, but the culture shows that it will respond to the Ceftin.  I had an awful UTI in January but after a ten day dose of the Ceftin it cleared right up. 

Hopefully I will begin to feel better soon…..yesterday I felt good enough to eat out, but I think maybe the tomatoes in my salad flared up the pain.  Plus last night I cooked chicken breast and used a pepper and herb mixture which could have also stirred up the pelvic pain.  But it is the chills and overall feeling of being ill that suggests to me it is more than just food sensitivities.

Please stay in touch….we need each other.

Hugs,

GG

GG hope you feel better soon. UTI can make people feel pretty bad. I hope they hurry up to treat you because I don’t want to see it get worse. Honestly I don’t think going out is a good idea. Your body has infection so it needs to rest. I hope you don’t mind my gentle “ scolding”. I do understand that we sometimes get stir crazy in the house. Sending you warm hugs! 🤗❤️🌹

Lisa,

I sure wish I was feeling better this is just a whole new kind of misery. But maybe it is just my system needs to settle down from all that fear and hopefully it won't return. I have other symptoms going and coming as well. It's just insane! I'm so sorry that you're having a bad weekend and doing poorly. It's interesting the point you make about us being from 22 to 29 months and suffering so much. Wouldn't it be wonderful if we all just turn the corner together and put this all behind us once and for all! Hugs.

YEZZZZZ! All turn a corner together would be fabulous! What a great idea, Live. I’m jumping on that train of thought with you….come on window fairy where are you?!

Hope that corner turn is today. Hang in there, Live! Stay strong. 🌹🤗

Leann I agree with Deanna. You DO NOT want to reinstate! Please don’t do that. You just had some better days, right? Then you know you will get more of those. I think your brain has healed quite a bit. I agree that it just needs more time. You know that this goes up and down. And when down, it makes you feel gloomy. But as it was said, those are just symptoms too. Fight it! If you do take until year 4 then so be it. Wouldn’t that be worth it? Another year of this compared to healed for good? And who know…you might not be another year. Please don’t undo all your hard work and time you put in. You will regret it deeply and it can’t be undone. Plus, you’ll end up having to taper again and start over. You’ll be kindled with a much harsher WD than now. So don’t let it even be an option! You’re doing better than you realize, sweetie. Just keep taking day by day. We are here to support you. Perhaps you can start a new hobby to help pass your time? Big hugs!

Deanna how happy I am to see someone post that they’re doing well. Even with minor annoying symptoms that remain, life on the other side is worth it. I’m so very happy for you. It’s been a long journey but you’re now reaping the benefits of staying strong in the course of this. I can’t wait for all of us to get there with you. And we will, we are on our way too. And don’t be afraid to claim your healing. It’s to be celebrated! Even if you get slammed again ( I pray you don’t!) then you have experienced what your new life will be like. The slam will be short lived for sure because your brain “ gets it” now. I’m sure you have big plans for doing enjoyable things that you’ve missed doing. I’m cheering you on and right behind you, sweetheart! Love you very much! I’m crying happy tears for you. 🌹❤️

May all you Yearlings enjoy your day today! Do something to put a smile in your hearts. My love to you ❤️

Don’t worry my GP won’t give me any more, did get 1 packet off the web, but always a bit suspicious what you are actually buying, so reinstating not an option. Just seem on a real rollercoaster at moment. Is really hot doesn’t help. Sitting in the garden got Flightracker on my I pad, we are on flight path to Gatwick & Heathrow you can see where planes are going to from. Just seems like another life when I could even think of going out for day let alone get on a plane. Sorry I’m just bit low today, had awful sinus headache for 2 days didn’t sleep much. Distraction doesn’t  really help after 3 and half years fighting this, lit harder to distract with mental symptoms. But don’t worry reinstating isn’t an option. I agree good to see someone doing well. There’s new series on Netflix called the Sandman, bit Harry Potterish, try escape into that tonight. Thanks for your concerns sorry I’m back to moaning Minnie. Just can’t see I’m ever going climb out this black hole, just feel hopeless again x

Deanna,

I'm so happy to hear you're doing so well. It's very encouraging for all of us to see someone improving. I look forward to that day.

GG,

I really believe once you get through this UTI that things are going to start really looking up for you. If you can get that cleared up once and for all I'm sure you'll get back to living  your life, in a Crystal Clear Window that never goes away.

LadyDen,

Thank you for your reply. Yes it would be so wonderful for all of us to just turn the corner and start feeling better. Looking for that window fairy and a bright and sparkling window.

Lisa,

I hope you're having a better day today.

Leann,

I'm sorry you're feeling down again. Sure hope this passes for you soon.

Last night the fear returned along with the excited nervous system so something big is going on for me. I just wish I'd start to get a break and feel better. Working hard on trying to stay positive. It does get scary at times when things keep going on and on. Big hugs to all!

LiveLife

Hallo lovely buddies. I’m in such a dark place that I don’t think going be able to climb out of this one,  don’t want drag you down, so I’ll duck out for a while. Think maybe my brain is permanently damaged by this, how can it still be this bad 40 months later just feel I’m slowly drowning with no escape😢

Hallo lovely buddies. I’m in such a dark place that I don’t think going be able to climb out of this one,  don’t want drag you down, so I’ll duck out for a while. Think maybe my brain is permanently damaged by this, how can it still be this bad 40 months later just feel I’m slowly drowning with no escape😢

Leann I am so very sorry you are feeling this low.  I pray for you that the weather cools off soon and the fresh air will breathe a change of mood and mind.  Personally I will not accept that you are permanently damaged.  I firmly believe in the body's ability to heal itself with time and all the right ingredients (diet, exercise, etc)....Please hang on to THAT thought through these dark moments.  I don't know if your sleep has been disrupted by the heat, but do remember that lack of sleep can make us feel way way off and a really good sleep might snap you right back.  Hold on to HOPE Leann.  We need you here fighting the good fight  :smitten: