Author Topic: 12-24 months and up support group  (Read 71584 times)

[Buddie]

Re: 12-24 months and up support group
« Reply #2170 on: August 09, 2022, 03:20:06 pm »
Good morning, [...] and all other buddies in the group. Iím in another challenging wave since my heart went in to AFib while on my Florida vacation a couple of weeks ago. Iím waiting to get in to see the cardiologist, but my fear and health anxiety are raging!

Iím wearing a heart monitor for 2 weeks, and Iíve had no more AFib. I have had spells of my heart fluttering, but Iíve had that on and off since getting off of Valium. Could those symptoms have been a real heart issue as opposed to withdrawal? I keeping asking myself was I ignoring real health issues?

The worst case scenario intrusive thoughts abound! Enough negativity! On a positive note, Iím functioning and participating in my life and overcoming the challenges.

I think of all of you often, and you are all in my prayers daily. Please pray for me as well. My faith snd hope are strong, and I know we will all heal.

Love, hugs, and prayers,

[...]🥰🙏
Hello [...] dear. IMO I think it was WD paying a quick visit. These symptoms are culprits for making appearances like that as well as mimicking other diseases. But it sounds like your doctor is on it to figure it out. So that will hopefully give you some peace of mind. Also it will rule out anything serious. Those holter monitors are great for catching even little abnormalities. So, when all tests are in and doctor say all is well then youíll know itís WD and you can then relax your mind as far as health anxiety. I wish you to have that peace so you can reduce your stress. Please keep us informed. Youíre in my thoughts and prayers. Having a possible heart issue would stress anyone out, let alone while wrestling with WD. So I sayÖ.rest up and just go on about your days as if all is well. When the scary anxiety shows up fight it with positives such as telling yourself that you are safe and you are healing nicely.
Itís great to hear that youíre enjoying life again. That will also help reduce worrying.
Sending you love and hugs! ❤️🤗
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #2171 on: August 09, 2022, 03:22:45 pm »
[...]:

So sorry you are experiencing a wave!   I am thinking that your heart fluttering was probably to do with withdrawal.   My flutters almost daily for a period of time, and I know it is withdrawal related because it always happens around the same time along with some other symptoms.  Does that make sense.  When will you see the cardiologist?    Glad you are able to function and participate in life even while having some withdrawal symptoms.  Good for you!  I am praying for you!

Leeann:  I hate to hear that you are feeling so down.   What can we do?   The intensity of your symptoms seems to be waxing and waning quite often.   Mine do the same thing, and I have to remind myself that just a few days ago I was feeling pretty good.   Like right now I am in a rough patch, but four days ago I was taking my daughter to college.   I have to remember those times when I start feeling like this is never going to end.  It will end.  We are healing. 

[...]:   How are you doing today?  Is the fear still there?    Hoping you are having a better day today!!!!

I am having a tough day, but I am trying to stay positive!!!!  I am healing.....I am safe......I am going to be okay. 

[...], GG, [...], Deanna, [...], [...] and everyone else, I hope you are having a manageable day and are able to do at least one thing that brings a smile to your face.
Yes Iím feeling better than the weekend. So Iím just taking it easy. Trying to walk a bit ea h day. Itís hit or [...] but Iím not giving up. Hope you have a better day today. You are healingÖ.you are safeÖ.you are alright! I tell myself that too. Why? Because itís true! Sending you all the love you can hold. ❤️🌹🙏
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #2172 on: August 09, 2022, 03:25:11 pm »
[...],
It sounds like you're getting on with your life very nicely. I'm so sorry you're having this heart fluttering. I get the same thing every day and also palpitations they had gone away for a while but came back in the last number of months. I think it's probably still part of your healing process. Let's hope for the best.

[...],
I'm sorry to hear you're still in a rough patch. Last night for a few hours I had a bit of break from the fear. When it was time for bed it all came back and today it's raging. It's so hard to hang on but I think these brakes are a good sign I'm trying to stay positive. But I'm in tears again.

[...],
Sounds like you hit a rough patch again just hang on you had good days they're going to return. This whole process isn't easy and takes way too long.

[...],
I did have a bit of a break last night from the fear but the physical symptoms really ramped up even though that was the case, I felt more positive but then it all came back. Struggling so hard today. How are you doing?

Sending warm love and healing hugs to all!

[...]
Iím doing fine. So happy to hear it let up enough for you to have some positivity. Yay for those breaks! Right? Arenít they heavenly! Wishing you a long window soon. Hopefully the permanent window is well on its way for us all. Canít wait!
Stay strong, Live! ❤️🌹🙏

[Buddie]

« Reply #2173 on: August 09, 2022, 03:38:22 pm »
Terribly sorry to hear that, GG.

[Buddie]

« Reply #2174 on: August 09, 2022, 03:39:12 pm »
Hello all, especially [...].  [...], I had Afib way before benzos came into my life and ended up having an ablation which pretty much got rid of it.  Every now and then I will have a flutter or two, and then it stops.  I actually purchased a Kardia instrument which I use to keep track of heart activity.  It was recommended by my cardio doctor, so you might want to check with your doctor about it.  Donít worry too much, as many buddies have all sorts of blips and flips.  You probably just had too much sun and over exertion while enjoying your family vacation.  I have been pretty ill since Friday when I was in the heat for too long.

Now for all, I am really scared as to where I am right now in this horrible wave.  As most of you know, I was diagnosed with a UTI back in mid-June and put on Clindamycin, then Ceftin when I did not respond to the ClindamycinÖÖa urine culture showed that it was a good antibiotic for the ecoli infection.  When I had another round of symptoms and another culture showed that Macrobid would be better I was on that  for five days, which really made me feel sicker.  In the meantime and while all this UTI stuff was going on, I had the half completed uterine biopsy surgery at which time I was put on Zofran for nausea, propofol, and unbeknownst to me until afterward, a steroid called Dexamethasone!!!    I read where it is six times the strength of prednisone. 

Plus I was given two doses of Diflucan for the yeast infection I got from the antibiotics.  What a mess I am in!!!!!  I am so very ill today that I went and had the drive in two day Covid test, which I will get the results from tomorrow morning.

So I am feeling as awful as I did in the acute stage and wonder if I will ever be well again.  I am 75 and my latest ER visit of last Thursday showed nothing other than an increase in red blood cells, and some white cells in my urine.  My pelvic and abdominal cat scan showed no diverticulitis, no bleeding, and liver and kidney functions fine.

I just cannot grasp how I can be this sick now at 29 months, but I do know that antibiotics and steroids can really screw up the CNS, and for how long no one can predict.  I also had a weird thing happen with my feet twiceÖ.I walked outside and immediately my feet turned bright red and little white spots popped up on them?   Doctor was shocked and could not fathom what caused itÖ.actually I had walked outside to get in the car and by the time I arrived at his office ten minutes later, my feet had turned red with the white spots.

It seems as though my whole body is reacting to everything and anything.  I now have the awful headache and benzo flue symptoms that I suffered with for so long.  Hard to believe that on May 5th I wrote on milestones and celebrations an almost success story? 

Prayers will be received and cherished as I really donít know where all this is headed.

Hugs,

Gg
GG my dear friend. It will all be alright! Please believe that. Donít let these flare ups rob you of your victorious healing. And I honestly think thatís what this isÖ.a flare up from all the medications youíve recently received. ANY one of those could have caused this. My bet is that itís a bit of all of it. So seeing that is probably why you feel so bad, then letís just grab onto to it being temporary. Unfortunately you didnít have much of a choice but to take those meds. So it isnít your fault but unfortunately youíre the one suffering the consequences. In this recovery, sometimes people have these situations. If you read otherís experiences youíll find that itís so common to feel like being back in acute when in a setback. As a matter of fact, [...] knows exactly what Iím saying. The good news is that with a bit of time, youíll be back to feeling healed again. Hopefully no more urinary issues. In the meantime, you know that weíre here for you. All of us want to see you get better. We all want to see each of us healed! We all will be writing our success stories soon enough! I feel this year will be much healing for this group.
The red feet with white bumps is weird! It may be a delayed reaction for all those medications. It might be that youíre sensitivity is on the uptick. Thereís plenty of people here that one day they handle things theyíve always been able to then the next week they canít. Perhaps this is whatís happening. In this recovery all kinds of weirdness is fair game. Perhaps it wonít be something ongoing. Short lived then gone!  :thumbsup:
Sending you bunches of love ❤️

[Buddie]

« Reply #2175 on: August 09, 2022, 03:40:59 pm »
Thank you, Sweet [...].  I sure hope we are close to that final window!  Letís drag each other over the finish line and out of this horror story😻😍😻😍🙏😍🙏.

The first lemonade is on me!!!!

Love and hugs,

Bonnie
I hope we are too! Iím in the butt kick club with you all. Itís in our timeframes so thatís not a coincidence. Iím starting to think this just might be our last big waves! If soÖthen ok letís get it over with!  :thumbsup:

[Buddie]

« Reply #2176 on: August 09, 2022, 06:05:35 pm »
Thanks for your kind words and prayers, [...]. I so appreciate all of the love and support from this group.

May we all be well soon.🙏

[...]

[Buddie]

« Reply #2177 on: August 09, 2022, 06:29:14 pm »
Not in hospitalÖtoo many sick people and lack of nurses, which is a major problem throughout the country.   My doctor had me go to the ER triage area and have a double dose via IV of the antibiotic, Ceftriaxone, shown to be very good for my type of bacterial infection. I am very limited as to what I can take and my doctor avoided those known to be a no-no for us in bwd.  I will now have to take the antibiotic for 14 days orally to, hopefully, get rid of this very persistent UTI.  I will then see a urologist to see what is needed to keep me from getting another nasty UTI.

If anyone has any advice or knowledge of the antibiotic I am taking, feel free to comment.  Or just send love hugs and kisses to this BB who could use all the TLC she can get!!!!!

Hugs and warm healing wishes for all😍😍😍😍😍
« Last Edit: August 09, 2022, 07:18:10 pm by [Buddie] »

[Buddie]

« Reply #2178 on: August 09, 2022, 06:39:46 pm »
P.S.   I saw my OBGYN before I went to the ER this morning, and she had discussed my case with my doctor, and they both agreed that the small perforation left in in my uterus during my surgery last Thursday has probably allowed the bacteria to get into my blood stream.  Luckily, I tested negative for sepsis and all my other blood work was good in the ER, and the Covid test I took yesterday came back negative this morning.

Some good news after all.

I just pray this antibiotic does not make me sick like the Macrobid did!!!!

Hugs again,

GG

[Buddie]

« Reply #2179 on: August 09, 2022, 07:12:08 pm »
GG:  This is all good news!    And not having to stay in the hospital is great too!     This is going to knock that bacteria out and our will start to feel better.   What an ordeal you have been through.   Just know that you are not alone.....even though all of our symptoms/issues are different, we are all in this together and understand what you are going through.    This is a hard journey, but not unsurmountable by any stretch of the imagination.   We are healing; one day at a time.   When we are all well, wont we be the strongest bunch of women on the planet?    Let's go!!!  Let's go!!   

Thinking and you today and every day!

[...]