Author Topic: 12-24 months and up support group  (Read 71578 times)

[Buddie]

Re: 12-24 months and up support group
« Reply #2150 on: August 08, 2022, 01:00:02 pm »
Hallo lovely buddies. Iím in such a dark place that I donít think going be able to climb out of this one,  donít want drag you down, so Iíll duck out for a while. Think maybe my brain is permanently damaged by this, how can it still be this bad 40 months later just feel Iím slowly drowning with no escape😢
[...] time to read the success stories thread of former buddies like you. They healed after 40 months. Please go read them for encouragement. Donít just throw in the towel on your healing. Didnít you just say a couple of days ago that even if people donít believe in their healing that they heal anyway?
Remember how encouraged you were?
❤️🌹😉
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #2151 on: August 08, 2022, 01:01:28 pm »
Mornin hugs Yearlings! How are you all doing?

:smitten: :smitten: :smitten:
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #2152 on: August 08, 2022, 02:26:12 pm »
Good morning, [...] and all other buddies in the group. Iím in another challenging wave since my heart went in to AFib while on my Florida vacation a couple of weeks ago. Iím waiting to get in to see the cardiologist, but my fear and health anxiety are raging!

Iím wearing a heart monitor for 2 weeks, and Iíve had no more AFib. I have had spells of my heart fluttering, but Iíve had that on and off since getting off of Valium. Could those symptoms have been a real heart issue as opposed to withdrawal? I keeping asking myself was I ignoring real health issues?

The worst case scenario intrusive thoughts abound! Enough negativity! On a positive note, Iím functioning and participating in my life and overcoming the challenges.

I think of all of you often, and you are all in my prayers daily. Please pray for me as well. My faith snd hope are strong, and I know we will all heal.

Love, hugs, and prayers,

[...]🥰🙏

[Buddie]

« Reply #2153 on: August 08, 2022, 03:39:36 pm »
[...]:

So sorry you are experiencing a wave!   I am thinking that your heart fluttering was probably to do with withdrawal.   My flutters almost daily for a period of time, and I know it is withdrawal related because it always happens around the same time along with some other symptoms.  Does that make sense.  When will you see the cardiologist?    Glad you are able to function and participate in life even while having some withdrawal symptoms.  Good for you!  I am praying for you!

Leeann:  I hate to hear that you are feeling so down.   What can we do?   The intensity of your symptoms seems to be waxing and waning quite often.   Mine do the same thing, and I have to remind myself that just a few days ago I was feeling pretty good.   Like right now I am in a rough patch, but four days ago I was taking my daughter to college.   I have to remember those times when I start feeling like this is never going to end.  It will end.  We are healing. 

[...]:   How are you doing today?  Is the fear still there?    Hoping you are having a better day today!!!!

I am having a tough day, but I am trying to stay positive!!!!  I am healing.....I am safe......I am going to be okay. 

[...], GG, [...], Deanna, [...], [...] and everyone else, I hope you are having a manageable day and are able to do at least one thing that brings a smile to your face.

[Buddie]

« Reply #2154 on: August 08, 2022, 03:51:24 pm »
[...],
It sounds like you're getting on with your life very nicely. I'm so sorry you're having this heart fluttering. I get the same thing every day and also palpitations they had gone away for a while but came back in the last number of months. I think it's probably still part of your healing process. Let's hope for the best.

[...],
I'm sorry to hear you're still in a rough patch. Last night for a few hours I had a bit of break from the fear. When it was time for bed it all came back and today it's raging. It's so hard to hang on but I think these brakes are a good sign I'm trying to stay positive. But I'm in tears again.

[...],
Sounds like you hit a rough patch again just hang on you had good days they're going to return. This whole process isn't easy and takes way too long.

[...],
I did have a bit of a break last night from the fear but the physical symptoms really ramped up even though that was the case, I felt more positive but then it all came back. Struggling so hard today. How are you doing?

Sending warm love and healing hugs to all!

[...]
« Last Edit: August 08, 2022, 03:56:48 pm by [Buddie] »

[Buddie]

« Reply #2155 on: August 08, 2022, 04:07:42 pm »
Thanks so much, [...] and LL. I so appreciate the support from this group.

Wishing everyone a good day and week. Sending hugs of healing and support for all.

[...]

[Buddie]

« Reply #2156 on: August 08, 2022, 05:03:06 pm »
Hello all, especially [...].  [...], I had Afib way before benzos came into my life and ended up having an ablation which pretty much got rid of it.  Every now and then I will have a flutter or two, and then it stops.  I actually purchased a Kardia instrument which I use to keep track of heart activity.  It was recommended by my cardio doctor, so you might want to check with your doctor about it.  Donít worry too much, as many buddies have all sorts of blips and flips.  You probably just had too much sun and over exertion while enjoying your family vacation.  I have been pretty ill since Friday when I was in the heat for too long.

Now for all, I am really scared as to where I am right now in this horrible wave.  As most of you know, I was diagnosed with a UTI back in mid-June and put on Clindamycin, then Ceftin when I did not respond to the ClindamycinÖÖa urine culture showed that it was a good antibiotic for the ecoli infection.  When I had another round of symptoms and another culture showed that Macrobid would be better I was on that  for five days, which really made me feel sicker.  In the meantime and while all this UTI stuff was going on, I had the half completed uterine biopsy surgery at which time I was put on Zofran for nausea, propofol, and unbeknownst to me until afterward, a steroid called Dexamethasone!!!    I read where it is six times the strength of prednisone. 

Plus I was given two doses of Diflucan for the yeast infection I got from the antibiotics.  What a mess I am in!!!!!  I am so very ill today that I went and had the drive in two day Covid test, which I will get the results from tomorrow morning.

So I am feeling as awful as I did in the acute stage and wonder if I will ever be well again.  I am 75 and my latest ER visit of last Thursday showed nothing other than an increase in red blood cells, and some white cells in my urine.  My pelvic and abdominal cat scan showed no diverticulitis, no bleeding, and liver and kidney functions fine.

I just cannot grasp how I can be this sick now at 29 months, but I do know that antibiotics and steroids can really screw up the CNS, and for how long no one can predict.  I also had a weird thing happen with my feet twiceÖ.I walked outside and immediately my feet turned bright red and little white spots popped up on them?   Doctor was shocked and could not fathom what caused itÖ.actually I had walked outside to get in the car and by the time I arrived at his office ten minutes later, my feet had turned red with the white spots.

It seems as though my whole body is reacting to everything and anything.  I now have the awful headache and benzo flue symptoms that I suffered with for so long.  Hard to believe that on May 5th I wrote on milestones and celebrations an almost success story? 

Prayers will be received and cherished as I really donít know where all this is headed.

Hugs,

Gg
« Last Edit: August 08, 2022, 07:07:43 pm by [Buddie] »

[Buddie]

« Reply #2157 on: August 08, 2022, 05:28:07 pm »
I'm sending up prayers and best wishes for all of you.

GG, your suffering is going to end. You've had SOOO many meds and difficult appointments that created a chaotic type situation in your gut and nervous system.  That's a whole lot of stress on you! Anyhow, you already know how I feel about you and you know I care.  This will pass....in the meantime, hold on and know we are all here.

[...], I hope you will soon begin to regain your footing after the big college move in day outing in the heat.  You'll bounce back.That was a BIG day so give your body time to recover.  Too bad we can't do things without so much blow back.

[...] Den, I'm wishing you days of walking and exploring your limits again. We all love you!   :smitten:

Live Life and [...], I'm hoping you both find some comfort and relief soon. What a process! 

[...], J [...] and Deanna, best wishes to you too for a good start to the week.

[Buddie]

« Reply #2158 on: August 08, 2022, 05:41:24 pm »
Dear, sweet GG,

Iím so sorry to hear how much you have been through. My heart aches for you, friend. It is so hard to believe how 29 months, and 31 for me, is not enough time to heal from taking a drug we took as directed.

I too have had moderate reactions to steroids and antibiotics. It seems as though it doesnít take much to trigger a wave of symptoms.

Thank you for sharing about your heart. Im really scared something is horribly wrong with mine. I am having to take Eliquis and a beta blocker until I see the cardiologist. They are making me dizzy and very tired.

My Apple Watch alerted me about the AFib. I can do an EKG on my watch. I was so grateful my son, Zack, was vacationing with us. He was able to help me get a grip.

Please know Iím praying for you daily. Message me anytime you just need to talk or vent.

[...]

[Buddie]

« Reply #2159 on: August 08, 2022, 05:43:04 pm »
Update:  Just spoke to my doctorís office and my urine culture showed positive with 100,000 white cells.  And, the only antibiotics that would help is Macrobid and the sulfa drugs I am allergic to.  Macrobid made me deathly sick so I canít take that.  I am using D-Mannose and Pyridium but donít know if that will help me now.  My doctor assured me that they will pursue other avenues if I donít feel better in another day or two.  I see my OBGYN tomorrow so will see what she has to say.  I have never had this much problem with a UTI, except in 2018 right before the benzo injury.  I was hospitalized for three days and given some antibiotic via IV.

Take care dear buddies, I am thinking and praying for each of you.

GG