• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Ja...]

• [Po...]

• [Kr...]

• [Pe...]

Hi Jackson,

I have bad itching, pricking and burning at times, especially in my legs when I go to bed.  I use a cold gel pack between my knees and it helps all that go away.  I get burning all over, especially mornings.  It all seems to come and go at random and not as bad as it used to be.

Yes I think it comes for me with heightened emotions and just lack of sleep

I either wake up on fire or not. All nerves on fire. Crazy. Is this just withdrawal? It really feels severe like there is something neurological going on

I can't run to another doctor I can't even take it

I really think it's withdrawal and that our nerves are hyper-reactive/sensitive.  Thank-goodness for the recovery stories saying these type symptoms go away with time.  Congratulations on being at 1mg.  Symptoms amped up for me a couple of weeks before jumping but, most have been getting better since stopping. 

Hi Jackson, I get the burning to. It's  usually after a cut or when I'm overly stressed. It happened the other day, burning all over, face and skin a dark red. I know it's wd so instead of fighting the fear and anguish of the burning I decided to continue with my day as planned... well that plan was to take a shower (lol). Funny thing is as soon as the warm/hot water hit my skin the burning decreased. The longer I stayed under the hot water the more the burning lessened. By the time I was done the burning had stopped.

I wonder... was it a fluke or did the heat of the shower help to counter the over stimulated nerves.

That makes sense, have you tried it yet?

Hi left behind.... May I ask why you switched back to pills and your experience with the liquid?  thank you for any input.....

No I I might try it later

I got out and about and am frying now. Hard to even talk it's so painful

I am grateful no Akathesia today though

Wondering if I can do this and get well

I feel it's so tough it seems crazy

I saw this topic and had to respond. Intense body burning was my worst physical WD symptom. It was horrific, I felt like I was on fire, or like my entire body was like a bad road rash burn. The pain was at a level of a 10 for 10-12 hours and then it would lessen a few hours and slam me again. Here is the GOOD NEWS.....IT WILL NOT LAST. As with all these crazy symptoms, it will go away. My burning gradually and slowly faded away. Now at 31 months, it may appear in my hand or back, or torso for < 3-5 minutes and then completely leaves. It kinda of went from excruciating pain, to painful to uncomfortable to annoying to nonexistent.

TIME will heal you. I am so sorry you are suffering with this pain.

I have been looking over posts to see if anyone else had this pain.  Evidently it is quite common.  My pain seems to intensify when I lay down.  I think it may also be triggered by MSG or too much sugar.  It feels like nerve damage, or numbness, then tingles.  Does this sound familiar?  It will be a year since I went c/t on Lorazepam.  Have also tapered Phenobarbital, and just finished a Gabapentin taper about 20 days ago.  Hoping this ends soon.  I don't want to see a doctor, no more meds, period.

You are so lucky you are practically done w meds!! How is your functioning been?' Do you have a lot of anxiety issues and did u in the past?

I am burning and prickling so bad but now inner restlessness

I will take burning to inner restlessness.

So worried about long term effects of this. How has the year been for u?

Jackson , I have burning pain in my spine constantly , it's probably my most worrying symptom . I get scared I have kidney disease or permanent damage to my spinal nerves . I'm sure this isn't true. I think it's just benzo withdrawal but I tend to feel a constant anxiety about it. I can't go for tests , too stressful right now . I'm holding so maybe things will settle down , I'll let you know , I'm just going into my second month hold .

Yes I feel so amped it's painful - Akathesia inner restlessness torturee

If I didn't have that I would be ok

For the person that was on 1200 neurontin

Was it hard to get off and do you think it impacted healing? I am not sure I can make it without something else

I have severe all over burning ... agony ... started when tapering down ... has been worse since jump 13 mths ago from accelerated withdrawal from Clonazepam.

Also have insomnia ... when not sleeping the burning is there ... so 20-22 hrs a day ... most intense upon waking and through the morning ... feels a little less when walking ... has been more intense the past couple of months ... don't know if it's because of the increasing sleep deprivation.

Not taking other medications ... tried a few during taper ... Gabapentin ... nothing worked.

Yes I feel so amped it's painful - Akathesia inner restlessness torturee

If I didn't have that I would be ok

For the person that was on 1200 neurontin

Was it hard to get off and do you think it impacted healing? I am not sure I can make it without something else

Jackson , I'm sorry for your suffering..... I am on 775 mg gabapentin , I've tapered from 900 in the last 6 months. I've been on it for years for restless legs. At night when I take it I do feel better , it numbs the burning for me, but certainly doesn't cure ! I plan to taper off it once off the Valium . So I have the spine burning all day. I could try taking some gP in the day , but it makes me very sleepy. I've never hit tolerance with it and for me it has always been pretty benign . Others have a different experience . I do know people in my Facebook group who say it helped them taper.

Hope you feel better

I took 300mg of Gabapentin (neurontin) a day.  100mg in the morning and 200mg at night.  I had swollen feet and ankles that I felt was caused by the Gaba.  My doctor agreed.  Now that I am totally off I still have the nerve pain (Gaba helped with that).  Hoping it eventually goes away and that it isn't permanent nerve damage.

I dropped the morning dose and kept the evening until I felt pretty good.  Then I tapered by water titration 5mg a day.  It was slow, but easier than the 100mg drop.

• 2 weeks later...

I have severe all over burning ... agony ... started when tapering down ... has been worse since jump 13 mths ago from accelerated withdrawal from Clonazepam.

Also have insomnia ... when not sleeping the burning is there ... so 20-22 hrs a day ... most intense upon waking and through the morning ... feels a little less when walking ... has been more intense the past couple of months ... don't know if it's because of the increasing sleep deprivation.

Not taking other medications ... tried a few during taper ... Gabapentin ... nothing worked.

I hope your burning is getting better Sunny , it's a Horrible symptom

How did you do the gabapentin taper in water?

Ugh I don't want another problem but feel I need it right now

On 600 to help me get off benzo

Sunny I have burning nerve pain

Gabapentin pretty much helped w it

But I did not have it through my taper just when I hit what felt like acute at 1mg Valium

Holding on to dear life w the Valium. I think my burning comes from kindling

It's like I am lit on fire. Plus severe and I mean severe chest wall pain that had ME in a fetal position

Suddenly this happened when I hit 1mg

My choices are restart taper or add gabapentin to try to do this

My anxiety is super crazy high

I would call it terror not anxiety. Inner restlessness. I know this is off topic but does anyone here have inner restlessness need to move etc? The worst. that and terror from literally morning to night

God help us wtf

So-o sorry you are suffering with this Jackson and everyone on here ... thanks MiYu.

My anxiety is severe too ... fear.

Have had the inner restlessness need to move many times ... feeling it a little more these days.

I use to get a let up from the burning and fear in the evening but lately it's been hanging on.

Also getting a lot of adrenaline/cortisone rushes which ramp up the anxiety ... want out of my skin feeling.

I also have this symptom, it is truly awful.  I tried the gabapentin, cannot take it.  It helped a tad the first day and after that the burning got worse.  Now I have burning and muscle cramps from trying to come off the gaba after only 5 days of taking it.  Second day I didn't take it I had head squeezing pressure, so scary.  Had it a little everyday since but now seems to be subsiding.  It seems my system is just too sensitive for anything to be added at this point and there really isn't anything else they can give for nerve pain than a gabapentin type drug.  So sorry for us all.

I also have this symptom, it is truly awful.  I tried the gabapentin, cannot take it.  It helped a tad the first day and after that the burning got worse.  Now I have burning and muscle cramps from trying to come off the gaba after only 5 days of taking it.  Second day I didn't take it I had head squeezing pressure, so scary.  Had it a little everyday since but now seems to be subsiding.  It seems my system is just too sensitive for anything to be added at this point and there really isn't anything else they can give for nerve pain than a gabapentin type drug.  So sorry for us all.

Free... I agree with you on this... My theory is depending on how sensitized you are that the cns just reacts to everything... and that we are more prone to side effects and everything else...

I am so desperate too to try something but I don't believe it will work.... Some people are able to and if it helped me I would definitely try....

I do believe some people need adjunct meds ( though I would rather not; as they terrify me) to get thru this process

• 3 weeks later...

:o

So after an eight month taper that was apparently too fast (according to my Dr.) from 4-6mg a day to 2 mg. a day, I have been instructed to reinstate back to 4mg a day. Particularly because the ticking tingling burning formication in my ear seems to show itself as soon as a dosage is wearing off and sometimes before....I cant get rid of these "withdrawal" windows of this sensation. My Doc has suggesting updosing even more to resolve this symptom. Its like a tiger chasing its tail....Its a real pain (or tingling, or burning or bee sting feeling) ughhhh.

BTW 20 year benzo user as directed, maybe my GABAS are shot for the duration.... :(