Jumping off point

[Sl...]

I am nowhere near this point, but what is a reasonable jumping off point for valium? 0.5 mg, 0.25 mg; 0.1 mg?

For reference, I am on 2 mg now and if I drop 10% per month, I will be at 0.5 mg in one year, 0.25 mg 8 months after that and 0.10 in about 2.5 years.

There has to be a point of diminishing returns on tapering, hence the jump off point.

If anyone has experience, please share.

Ashton's schedules show jumping from Valium at 1mg.  Many members go further than this and I did as well - I jumped from Klonopin at 0.01mg.  I'm glad you are asking questions and doing your homework.  Doing some research and finding a plan that works for you (but is flexible if and when you need to tweak it) should serve you well.

The Ashton Manual

I've been tapering for a long time and so far it is going modestly well. So yes, I am tapering according to symptoms, but now that I am getting to lower and lower doses, I am trying to see when I can stop the drug completely. The end is in sight.

I've been tapering for a long time and so far it is going modestly well. So yes, I am tapering according to symptoms, but now that I am getting to lower and lower doses, I am trying to see when I can stop the drug completely. The end is in sight.

I loved it when the end was in sight!  I am happy for you Sleeper.  :thumbsup: