Pill to liquid dose is not equal. What is the difference?

[Pe...]

For example.

.25mg K pill is not as potent as .25mg DLMT vodka.

Experienced severe withdrawl symptoms after 3 days of equivelent dose.

Do you have to take more liquid dose to equal pill dose?

Can you explain the method you're using to make your mixture and the concentration?

-10ml vodke

-10mg Clonazepam

-let sit 20min

-add 80ml water

Total solutuon is 1mg per 10ml

Sometimes switching all doses to liquid at once may upset your CNS and cause some withdrawal symptoms.

If that's the case it can help if you can do a transition of pills and liquid or combining them, example:

-If you are taking 0.5 mg, make it 2.5 ml in liquid dose (reducing dose) and 0.250 mg pill form.

If you feel ok after a week or so you can start reducing from the 2.5 ml dose and maintain the 0.250 mg of a pill dose taking it at the same time or separate dose.

you can also, after that period switch to all liquid. All this would depend of how you feel.

Another variables in place are what type of pill you have available. If  all your doses are less than 0.250 mg of K then the solid dose is not going to be that precise. In

the case of K the smallest scored pill is 0.5 mg.

-Another thing to be aware of is if you diluted the pills using the right amount of vodka.

Vodka is ethanol diluted with water. Vodka 80 proof contains ~40% ethanol, 60% water. 

As far as I remember on old posts here, the rule of thumb is:

-For 95% alcohol (190 proof): 1mg benzo --> 1ml of alcohol (1x)

-For 40% alcohol (80 proof): 1mg benzo --> 2ml of alcohol (2x)

ex:

For a 50 ml batch using 80 proof vodka with a 0.1 mg/ml ratio using 0.5 mg K pills, it would be: 10 x 0.5 mg pills - 10 ml of vodka- 40 ml of water.

-I did two tapers in the past mixing pills and liquid and it worked ok. I use Ora Plus suspension instead of a solution of water and Vodka.

Of course at one point near the end because of the size of the doses we have to decide to switch all liquid or use the time consuming of weighting the doses OR the more symptomatic cut and hold.

Hope the above helps you!

Mice

Vodka is ethanol diluted with water. Vodka 80 proof contains ~40% ethanol, 60% water. 

As far as I remember on old posts here, the rule of thumb is:

-For 95% alcohol (190 proof): 1mg benzo --> 1ml of alcohol (1x)

-For 40% alcohol (80 proof): 1mg benzo --> 2ml of alcohol (2x)

ex:

For a 50 ml batch using 80 proof vodka with a 0.1 mg/ml ratio using 0.5 mg K pills, it would be: 10 x 0.5 mg pills - 10 ml of vodka- 40 ml of water.

-I did two tapers in the past mixing pills and liquid and it worked ok. I use Ora Plus suspension instead of a solution of water and Vodka.

Of course at one point near the end because of the size of the doses we have to decide to switch all liquid or use the time consuming of weighting the doses OR the more symptomatic cut and hold.

Hope the above helps you!

Mice

Thank you, Yes I am using 2ml Vodka per 1mg Clonazepam.

Is there a case where people "updose" when making the switch?

People react differently to switching to a liquid.  I switched and my body never adjusted t the switch so i went back to dry cut and hold, the was last year, this year I switched from Xanax to Valium using Ashton.  I wish you the best outcome whatever method finally works for you.  But when I, in my first taper switched to a liquid solution, people told me I had t give it a few weeks, once I got the solution right for my brain to think I was dosing the same amounts and times.  You're body absorbs liquid and dry differently.  Just know if you don't find stabilization down the line, liquid may not be what you're body wants.

I know, so much crap-o-la to think about. Best to you.

We are in a similar situation, almost with the same numbers.

I recently tried  to even the doses and turn them all liquid and it didn't work. Too many changes at the same time.

It's known that many people have the same issue when switching. Feels like a sudden reduction between 5 to 10% .

My plan is to switch 1/2 of my night dose of 0.250 mg to 1,25 ml and take the remaining 0.125 mg in pill form. Then if everything goes ok after a while I'll turn the pill those to liquid too.

Hope it will work this time.

Good luck!

Mice

The do-it-yourself (DIY) liquid you have described* is about 8% alcohol.  According to the study cited below, 100mL of a 10% ethanol/water mixture would dissolve 4mg of pure clonazepam drug powder under carefully controlled laboratory conditions that cannot be replicated by ‘kitchen chemists.’  Consequently, it is unlikely your DIY liquid is a solution in which each and every milliliter of the liquid contains exactly the same amount of clonazepam.  For a recent discussion of the implications of this see:

dlmt using alcohol as solvent - need some clarification from those in the know

http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?topic=269733.msg3387711#msg3387711

* 10mg of clonazepam tablets + 20mL of 40% vodka + 80mL water

Citation:

Solubility of Lamotrigine, Diazepam, and Clonazepam in Ethanol + Water Mixtures at 298.15 K. Journal of Chemical and Engineering Data, 2008, Washington D.C.: American Chemical Society, pp. 1107-1109. Accessed online at:

https://digital.library.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metadc674044/m2/1/high_res_d/Acree%20Pub-479.pdf

We are in a similar situation, almost with the same numbers.

I recently tried  to even the doses and turn them all liquid and it didn't work. Too many changes at the same time.

It's known that many people have the same issue when switching. Feels like a sudden reduction between 5 to 10% .

My plan is to switch 1/2 of my night dose of 0.250 mg to 1,25 ml and take the remaining 0.125 mg in pill form. Then if everything goes ok after a while I'll turn the pill those to liquid too.

Hope it will work this time.

Good luck!

Mice

So frustrating.  I wonder if I should increase by 10% whe going to liquid?  I really think liquid would be the best way to micro taper due to ease and convince