LIQUID ATIVAN IS NOT WHAT I THOUGH

[li...]

Because of the way it's packaged and the smallest syringe I can get, I have to do 4% cuts. I was hoping to do 1% a week or even do a daily liquid micro taper with it but I don't know how to do that. Is it possible to mix the liquid in water and then draw out a certain amount to not use for a true dail30 y micro taper? I'm intolerance and I've been through this too many times to think that 4% is going to be okay

We have multiple members who dilute a commercially manufactured oral solution to achieve lower concentrations. 

What is the concentration of your liquid?

What is your current daily dosing schedule — how many milligrams of drug do you take at what times?

Ive been in tolerance withdrawal for months so people are telling me cut and hold is fine cuz i just need to get off. When i got off klonopin before i dissolved the tablets in milk, made my pull and poured the rest into my five cups.

I have Intensol brand 2mg/ml and my total daily doses equal 3 mg. I take .5 mg pills 6 am, 10 am, 2 pm and 6 pm., 1 mg at bedtime.

So mixing in water can create the kind of suspension /solution i had when i did klonopin?

My response above, but is there a group here where i can connect with others who are doing a dlmt with ativan liquid?

I just talked to the pharmacist and she said I can mix with water but I don't know what proportion to do. How much water to add and then how to figure out what my pull.is. She said my brand is not oil-based and it should work so I'm hoping that you can tell me how to dilute and what not. I've got to get going on this cuz I'm so sick. Thank you so much

Do you have a sufficient supply of pills and a decent pill cutter to do a ‘test run’ of the liquid. For example:

6am - 0.5mg pill

10am - 0.5mg pill

6pm - 0.5mg pill

Bedtime - 1/2 of a 0.5mg pill + 0.5mg in oral solution

Trying a taper rate of 1% a week or 4% a month sounds like a good place to start.

I have real world tasks that require my attention so will ask another member to stop by to help you with the math.

I appreciate your time but I thought the idea was taking the liquid Ativan and diluting it in water and then pulling my discarded portion from there and then using the rest of it to split up into my even doses throughout the rest of the day. I've not heard of this what you're talking about. And no I don't have enough supply of pills and a pill cutter

And I've just been doing a trial run of the liquid at my full dosage since 2:00 yeaterday. I don't feel great but I've been going downhill everyday and this anyway intolerance witjdrawal

Many of our members use a combination of regular tablets and liquid to taper.  However, it sounds like this is not an option for you.

Is that the ONLY option? Does anyone dilute the liquod further to do a daily liquid micro taper?

No.

Yes.

Hi Lizagal,

I will help you with math.

Do I understand it correctly, you need to take 1.5 mL of your Intensol in order to get 3 mg (you current dose)?

If so, the easiest thing to do is:

Each morning, put 1.5mL of Intensol into 300 mL of water.

On day 1, remove 1 mL of the mix and drink the rest

On day 2, remove 2 mL of the mix and drink the rest.

On day 3, remove 3 mL of the mix and drink the rest.

And so on so you will be done in 300 days.

Note, you can divide the mixture so you drink it 5 times a day or however you need it.  If insomnia is your biggest issue, then save most of it to drink at bed and each time you wake up in the middle of the night.  Remember to stir it well before drinking.  Also, at the end of the day, rinse the cup and drink the rinse water.

Good luck.

Bob

So done in 10 months? 10 percent a month? If i wanted to do 5 percent a month would i pull by .5 ml day one, 1 ml day two, etc.? Im really concerned because im in BAD tolerance withdrawal and ive been through 3 bad tapers over the last ten years. Also The pharmacist told me that there shouldn't be an issue with mixing it with water and stirring it and getting an accurate suspension or whatever. So there's no concern about pulling out only water? I did it very similar taper with Klonopin wafers and milk years ago and it worked very well after about a year of struggling but functional

So done in 10 months? 10 percent a month? If i wanted to do 5 percent a month would i pull by .5 ml day one, 1 ml day two, etc.? Im really concerned because im in BAD tolerance withdrawal and ive been through 3 bad tapers over the last ten years. Also The pharmacist told me that there shouldn't be an issue with mixing it with water and stirring it and getting an accurate suspension or whatever. So there's no concern about pulling out only water? I did it very similar taper with Klonopin wafers and milk years ago and it worked very well after about a year of struggling but functional

Yes, you have that exactly correct.  Of course, that will then take 20 months to complete.

You can use something like this to get 0.5 mL

https://smile.amazon.com/1ml-Syringe-Sterile-Luer-Slip/dp/B07BQDRDC2/ref=sr_1_2?crid=2QWK6WVMFHKEP&keywords=1ml+syringe&qid=1658784914&sprefix=1ml%2Caps%2C277&sr=8-2

Excellent I just confirmed all of this with the pharmacist and she was impressed with the idea. My only question is have a lot of people had success getting off of Ativan this way without getting horrifically sick?

In my experience, every one is different, but everyone must pay the price and have some suffering to get off of benzos.

This daily method is, in my opinion, easiest on your body, but all methods have withdrawal.

The best advice I can give you is journal each day your dose and your symptoms and any stressful life events going on.

Then you can look back at your journal and speed up or slow down your taper as needed.  For example, if you are doing well for several weeks, perhaps you start removing 1 mL instead of 0.5 mL each day. 

Believe me I get it! I'm intolerance withdrawal so I'm starting in a very bad place which is why I wanted this method. The last time I did it I started out stable that was really hard I was functional the whole time. I journaled throughout the whole thing. I actually went much slower and it took me 4 and 1/2 years, but after the first year I was completely fine. Praying for a situation where I heal on the way down but not confident. Thank you so much for your help!!

If you get to a certain point and you're having trouble or whatever, how do you know what dose you are at? Say ive removed 150 mls, how do i figure what dose that is equivalent to?

If you started with 300 mL of water, then the equation to compute your dose at any time is:

dose = (how much water is left which you drink) times 3mg divided by 300.

I started out intolerance so I was going downhill anyway. But I've been doing the daily liquid micro taper for a week with a 300 mls and I'm only removing .5 ml A day and I'm already losing my mind. I truly feel like tomorrow I'm going to wake up and not know who I am or where I am. DR has gotten horrid and paranoia. I don't know what to do. My doctor refused for 5 months to updose me to see if that would stabilize me. All he is offering He is Klonopin as an adjunct. I think I'm going to be institutionalized any day now

For what it is worth, I have never seen an up dose work out in the long run.

You do not want to pay for the same real estate twice.

If you have tapered some, try to hold until you feel stable.  If it is anxiety or chest pains caused by anxiety, Buspar really helped me.  I took it for 8 weeks until I was stable in my symptoms and then stopped it with no problem.

Remind yourself - this will pass in time.

Our brains freak us out, telling us this is how it will be forever, but it is a lie.

Be at peace.  Waves and windows are part of the process.  When in a wave, wait for a window.  When in a window, rejoice.  It may take weeks of holding to get a window but they come.

Try to reduce life anxiety as it makes things worse.