Question on shelf-life of vodka/valium/water mix

[jo...]

To my knowledge, do-it-yourself (DIY) liquids made with regular benzodiazepine tablets, off-the-shelf vodka, and tap/purified/distilled water have not been professionally analyzed.  Consequently, the properties of such liquids are unknown at this time.

To my knowledge, do-it-yourself (DIY) liquids made with regular benzodiazepine tablets, off-the-shelf vodka, and tap/purified/distilled water have not been professionally analyzed.  Consequently, the properties of such liquids are unknown at this time.

Oh dear, I am sure I read on here that people do vodka titrations - I was hoping someone would be able to tell me how long it can be stored for.

I do remember reading on here not to put it in the fridge, due to evaporation.

Oh dear, I am sure I read on here that people do vodka titrations - I was hoping someone would be able to tell me how long it can be stored for.

I do remember reading on here not to put it in the fridge, due to evaporation.

Hi journey,

The beauty of a peer support forum is we can share what has worked for us in the hopes it will help someone else but its important to remember that the forum doesn't fact check member statements.  When a member makes a statement of fact, the team and other members should ask that member to provide a citation or credible source to back up their claim, to my knowledge this was never supplied in regard to storage of a prepared liquid.  Without a credible source verifying these statements, you and other members should treat this information as you would any other claim made by strangers on the internet, with caution.

There are so many unknowns when it comes to do it yourself titration methods, I wish we had people in the scientific community looking out for us but we don't so we're left to our own devices.  I don't have the answer to your question, I wish I did so the only thing I can do is suggest you not assume anything about how long your suspension will last and do your best to make fresh ones when you can.

Pamster

hi journey,

I agree with Pamster --- I asked around about the same question when I began my liquid taper -- and at the end of the day it seemed what seemed "safest" was to just make a daily batch.  I know that isn't feasible for everyone, but there was just no good, solid evidence to indicate how long was safe -- some people said days, some said weeks....so, to be safe, I just went with probably a fresh batch would be better and would reduce at least one potential variable -- best of luck to you

I made my witches' brew up  daily also. I syringed out what I wanted to discard, threw it away, and promptly drank the rest. Next day I did the same thing.

Katz

I think it will last more than a day.

I appreciate no one has scientific evidence, I was hoping someone who had done vodka titration would have come on and let me know what they had success with.

I don't fancy discarding, when I used milk, I didn't discard I used to "pull-to dose" method

I was hoping someone who had done vodka titration would have come on and let me know what they had success with.

I did "come on". I told you. I had success. But you evidently don't like my method as you say you "don't fancy discarding", which is safe. No mixture to hang around and (possibly) degrade.

I don't get you. Even though Libertas has told you that no one knows how well/long a stored mixture will be effective you think "it will last for more than a day".  Maybe it will, maybe it won't. I wouldn't risk it.

Good luck.

Katz