Microtaper diazepam - several failed benzo attempts previously

[Mi...]

Looking for some advice here. Currently on 16mg of diazepam.

Breakfast 3mg

Lunch 3mg

Dinner 5mg

Bed 5mg

Feeling super sensitive after last two cuts in jan/feb plus crossover all to diazepam.

Also concerned that progesterone may be affecting my taper.

Not sure whether to cut and hold again or try microtaper.

I need to keep steady as I am apprehensive about lowering mood - already struggling - but dont really want to keep sitting still.

Thank you in advance MP

Microtaper will make things a lot easier, from my own experience.

I hit a brick wall at 10 mg Diazepam. After going hell and back I got to 6 mg, and that took a very long time.

Personally, I wouldn't recommend liquid titration, where you dissolve the pills in wodka or milk. Wodka is alcohol, it gave me symptoms. In milk the pills just wouldn't dissolve.

I would recommend buying this:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0012TDNAM/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

or

https://www.amazon.com/Smart-Weigh-GEM20-Precision-Milligram/dp/B00ESHDGOI/ref=sr_1_3?crid=1A8S3QRGCZ61U&keywords=gemini+weights&qid=1657795430&sprefix=gemini+we%2Caps%2C124&sr=8-3

Then you can just shave a little bit off. If you need help with the math, I can help.

Thank you Snelle.

Did you cut and hold down to 10mg before microtapering?

I am very impressed by your sports! I walked 4 miles yesterday and that was enough for me 🙂🦄

Thank you Snelle.

I am very impressed by your sports! I walked 4 miles yesterday and that was enough for me 🙂🦄

Sports is just my second nature  :laugh:

Yes, I did cut and hold. This is how: 30, 27,5, 25, 22,5, 20, 19, 18, 17,16,15,14,13,12,11 and then massive problems starting happening with lots of way too large rescue dosages and updosing. Then somehow with lots of willpower I got to 6 with cut and hold. And then I decided it was over for me. And I ordered taperingstrips. With taperingstrips I went to 3,3. And then I even started going slower and smaller with the reductions.

imo (I was at the same dose you are now) you just have to follow the Ashton Manual for reducing valium. I know I already gave you the link to the schedule. You do not need to microtaper from 16 mgs . . . it's physiologically unnecessary (yeah, I am not a doc) and will take you forever. Really. Just do a decent taper (follow Ashton) down to about 5 mg, them start a microtaperr if you like. Keep a journal and keep track of your s/x. If Ashton's reductions prove too challenging (keep tack of the %s) then cut back. Cut and hold is fine to get you to a place where it makes sense to microtaper.

I know you're struggling, Miss P. Making a plan and starting is the hard part imo.

Best to you,

:smitten:

Katz

So you went to tapering strips? Not weighing?

I take my hat off to you and sports!

Thank you Snelle.

Yes, I did cut and hold. This is how: 30, 27,5, 25, 22,5, 20, 19, 18, 17,16,15,14,13,12,11 and then massive problems starting happening with lots of way too large rescue dosages and updosing. Then somehow with lots of willpower I got to 6 with cut and hold. And then I decided it was over for me. And I ordered taperingstrips. With taperingstrips I went to 3,3. And then I even started going slower and smaller with the reductions.

Thank you Snelle.

Walking 4 miles is amazing too ofcourse!

From 6 to 3.3 was tapering strips, with 0.1 mg reductions. And then I started shaving off little bits of the 0.1 mg tablets from the taperingstrips, because I was done suffering.

Thank you Katz

I have already mucked up my ashton taper by coming down by 2s instead of 1s plus I am starting from a much more upset baseline in terms of symptoms this time. I should have learned the first time. I am just so apprehensive.

The medical meeting I had today said you could not have SI while tapering only if you had withdrawn completely!

I know you are right about making a plan and starting it but they are saying here that I should feel better before I start. I am just not sure if that is right? It's all so complicated.

I do not mean to waste your time or pee you off. I just want to feel better. Apologies and thanks x

. quote author=oregonkatz link=topic=269775.msg3388200#msg3388200 date=1657810979]

imo (I was at the same dose you are now) you just have to follow the Ashton Manual for reducing valium. I know I already gave you the link to the schedule. You do not need to microtaper from 16 mgs . . . it's physiologically unnecessary (yeah, I am not a doc) and will take you forever. Really. Just do a decent taper (follow Ashton) down to about 5 mg, them start a microtaperr if you like. Keep a journal and keep track of your s/x. If Ashton's reductions prove too challenging (keep tack of the %s) then cut back. Cut and hold is fine to get you to a place where it makes sense to microtaper.

I know you're struggling, Miss P. Making a plan and starting is the hard part imo.

Best to you,

:smitten:

Katz

That was yesterday Hardy! 😉 I did get a bit better sleep though.

Today I have just been troubled by the pysch meeting and how to move forward. They dont seem to want to admit there could be any problems with reducing or transferring meds when the majority of us do know it's tough. Sending hugs x

You walked 4 miles MP…..amazing! X

The smallest tablet we can get here is 2mg.

Are you weighing your tapering strips? We cant get them here.

Thank you Snelle.

Walking 4 miles is amazing too ofcourse!

From 6 to 3.3 was tapering strips, with 0.1 mg reductions. And then I started shaving off little bits of the 0.1 mg tablets from the taperingstrips, because I was done suffering.

'Delivery abroad

Rainbow pharmacy also sends the tapering medication abroad.

If you would like to receive more information about the shipment of the medication abroad, please contact the pharmacist mr. Paul Harder: pharder@regenboogapotheek.nl.'

Oh and I forgot to answer if I weigh them

Right now I'm holding

So I just take

1x 1

1x 0.5

1x 0.2

And normally when I do taper I just take a 0.1 tablet, shave a little off, and weigh that. The 0.1 tablet is the only one I weigh.