EVEN OUT DOSE?

[li...]

I'm working with the pharmacy to create my taper at 5% a month. I have been dosing four times a day with two doses at night. It has been recommended to me to even out the doses and dose five times a day. That means the evening dose would be less than what it's been. But at the beginning each of the other daily doses would seem higher. Does that make sense? Since I have major interdose withdrawal I was thinking my brain might benefit from the little bit higher dose initially during the day. But would my brain freak out at night as if I had taken away a bunch?

It would be helpful if you could add your current daily dosing schedule to your signature.

It sounds like you are currently dosing 6 times a day (four during the day and twice at night). Is this correct?  If so, what are the amounts each dose?

Do you have a moment to respond? Evening out the dose means 40 percent less in one dose. Since its short-acting will my brain care? The next regular dose would be 8 hours later when i wake up.

Edit: Removed username.

Does the person who suggested ‘evening out’ your doses have training and/or experience with the pharmacology of lorazepam?  Regrettably, I do not.

What I can share is my general understanding that the approach suggested would theoretically ‘smooth out’ the blood serum concentration of the benzodiazepine by eliminating the ‘spike’ in concentration after the larger, nighttime dose.  The only way to discover the impact this change would have on your interdose withdrawal and/or your sleep would be to try it.  Sadly, we all must serve as our own guinea pigs when it comes to benzodiazepine discontinuation.

Have you tried searching through past posts and/or asking your question on our Tapering off Ativan Support Thread?  Here’s a link to the first post in the thread:

http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?topic=44903.0

Yes the suggestion came from someone who claims they understand the pharmacology of AT. Thank you for that other thread!