No progress, 4 years and 9 months. anyone with similar case?

[wi...]

So, my story is quite simple. 3 years on meds, 4 years and 9 months off with zero progress.

I've learned to cope with the 24-hour symptoms, but I can't live like a normal human being(housebound).

you know the story..

Is there anyone here, who's fighting as far out as I am, with zero sign of progress since the day 1?

(mine actually drastically worsened by 4 months off and it's been the same since then.)

It's been sooo long. and it feels longer than it has been, cause there's literally no sign of progress.

the buddies' stories here remind me that the healing will happen eventually, but man, I keep wondering if I'm doing something wrong.

maybe I'm not supposed to cope with the symptom? maybe I have to face it?

but then the stories here are there to say that the healing will happen no matter what and that it's just a matter of time.

I really didn't know that I will be the one of the 'long-protracted' cases.

I think there are quite few people between 3-5 years off , maybe don’t want to go on protracted forum , but no alternative forum for them ,so don’t post much. Probably why you haven’t had many replies. I’m 3 years 8 months off zopiclone, with little improvement. But did take AD’s only 27 months off them. I’m not housebound but not able to live normal life.

3.5 years for me. 

I couldn't open the link you supplied Pamster, restricted, and I really don't want to go there.  Too much for me.

I googled Protracted symptoms and saw abstract by Heather Ashton where she mentions anxiety, which seems to be the one symptom I have remaining.  Fear, too.  BP labile. DP/DR.  (all anxiety related).  No doubt this experience has been fully traumatic, so makes sense in my case. 

She postulates that Protracted could be evidence of the slow progress of some withdrawals, or, possible permanent damage.  I hope it's the former. 

Things are improving for me, but it's soooo slow.  Non linear. 

Hope springs eternal. 

Think you have to apply to join the protracted board click on the link . Haven’t gone there much, as quite few people years down the line still suffering a lot on there, which I couldn’t cope with.. Could do with in between forum as think few of us 3-5 years. Think any emotional stress delays recovery. Think being made CT plus adding other meds is cause of mine.occasionally feel bit better but only briefly, trying stop unisom which seems be adding to withdrawal symptoms,  I think anxiety hardest thing to deal with. I do question whether everybody’s does recover at times.

4.5 years here, I do have progress but it's very very slow. Still struggling with 50+ sx(((

We’ll eventually get there. It’s interesting you experienced some improvements. in my case, if I could call something ‘improvements’. That I can eat pretty much any food now. I used to avoid certain type of foods in the beginning 1 year of this bad wave, that seemed to worsen my symptoms and make the 24 hour coping difficult to ‘improssible’ level. But now I got really good at coping and I can eat literally anything now. - but of course, none of the alcohol,  coffee, coke, cigarette or anything that contains a lot of caffeine. - As well as losing weight. For whatever exact reason, if I put on weights to over around 75kg, my bloodpressure gets high and it makes the whole coping mechanism very difficult. So I stay lighter than that.

3.5 years for me. 

I couldn't open the link you supplied Pamster, restricted, and I really don't want to go there.  Too much for me.

I googled Protracted symptoms and saw abstract by Heather Ashton where she mentions anxiety, which seems to be the one symptom I have remaining.  Fear, too.  BP labile. DP/DR.  (all anxiety related).  No doubt this experience has been fully traumatic, so makes sense in my case. 

She postulates that Protracted could be evidence of the slow progress of some withdrawals, or, possible permanent damage.  I hope it's the former. 

Things are improving for me, but it's soooo slow.  Non linear. 

Hope springs eternal.

It’s the anxiety that’s the main issue for me too. I still get the burning sensation over my whole body everytime I wake up in the morning when the sleeping was bad, but it's something that always calms down in the next few seconds so it's no issue for me. I used to get the gut pain from time to time that lasts a week or so once it breaks out, which I really thought it’s a separate health issue, but turns out it’s just a recovery symptom. it's freakish. I've had it once like 2+ years ago and once 1 year ago. maybe some minor amount here and there.

what are your improvements?

Think you have to apply to join the protracted board click on the link . Haven’t gone there much, as quite few people years down the line still suffering a lot on there, which I couldn’t cope with.. Could do with in between forum as think few of us 3-5 years. Think any emotional stress delays recovery. Think being made CT plus adding other meds is cause of mine.occasionally feel bit better but only briefly, trying stop unisom which seems be adding to withdrawal symptoms,  I think anxiety hardest thing to deal with. I do question whether everybody’s does recover at times.

Yeah, I just took a quick peep into that board. that's a lot for me too. it's the anxiety for me too. I did not Cold Turkey, but my tapering timeline was really short to be honest(4months towards the last dose), compared to my 3 and a half year total dosing period. I could go on a light walk around the house or ride my electric scooter within the range I feel comfortable with that day, grab some snack from the local convenient store really quick.

I have no doubt the stress of coping with my daughter's mental illness has held me back, bigtime.  Have begun seeing a therapist, and hope it helps. Have only been twice, but feel a weight off my shoulders.  Not so alone with it any longer.